U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-23-2012, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,089,804 times
Reputation: 4093

Advertisements

Seriously Pete that is not true and you know it! United just couldn't handle Bilboa, simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,558 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Ok, Utd were never interested in playing this competition.

City on the other hand....they gave their best and failed.

More of the same (failure) for Citeh in the PL please ...starting with Stoke tomorrow.

Come on pal. You know thats not true. Man Utd were not good enough to win it because they and Man City want to win the league a lot more and Man Utd are not a great team at all. The whole lot of English football is on the decline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 PM
 
921 posts, read 909,531 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Come on pal. You know thats not true. Man Utd were not good enough to win it because they and Man City want to win the league a lot more and Man Utd are not a great team at all. The whole lot of English football is on the decline.
That is exactly what I am saying. Both Manchester clubs want EPL more than Europa League.
Even though Utd are not in that good form this year, do you seriously think that if they wanted to win that tournament they would've been outplayed like that? 2 times in a row by Bilbao? At home by Ajax?

Their failure was CL, but I think their priority was/is EPL.
They don't want to let City win it ahem..buy the title this year.
They will do whatever they can to stop them at least for this year.
With the $ amount City spends they will eventually win the league, but Utd will try to prolong that.
Will they succeed this year? I sure hope so.

Every time there is new kid on the block (Chelsea before, now City) it is only Utd fighting them till the end even their squad is inferior.
Where are Cheslkis and Pools and Gooners now to put in a fight?
That is why I like Man Utd. They never give up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,089,804 times
Reputation: 4093
I watched every Man United game in the Europa league and to say they weren't taking it seriously is not true IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 04:51 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,558 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
That is exactly what I am saying. Both Manchester clubs want EPL more than Europa League.
Even though Utd are not in that good form this year, do you seriously think that if they wanted to win that tournament they would've been outplayed like that? 2 times in a row by Bilbao? At home by Ajax?

Their failure was CL, but I think their priority was/is EPL.
They don't want to let City win it ahem..buy the title this year.
They will do whatever they can to stop them at least for this year.
With the $ amount City spends they will eventually win the league, but Utd will try to prolong that.
Will they succeed this year? I sure hope so.

Every time there is new kid on the block (Chelsea before, now City) it is only Utd fighting them till the end even their squad is inferior.
Where are Cheslkis and Pools and Gooners now to put in a fight?
That is why I like Man Utd. They never give up.

Man City wont be able to splash the cash every year because of this new Uefa rule coming in. Same goes for Chelsea. If I am honest I think it will be Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal fighting for the league after this year. Liverpool just need to buy a decent striker and world class winger. Arsenal just need to spend money on big players and Man Utd just need to keep going and try sack Alex ferguson(only joking)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,089,804 times
Reputation: 4093
Liverpool & Arsenal? Dream on, you just said Man City, Chelsea etc won't be able to spend lots of money when the Uefa rules come in, well neither will Liverpool & Arsenal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 11:21 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,558 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Liverpool & Arsenal? Dream on, you just said Man City, Chelsea etc won't be able to spend lots of money when the Uefa rules come in, well neither will Liverpool & Arsenal.

No Liverpool and Arsenal will not be able to spend 100s of millions the way Chelsea and City do but they dont need to. Liverpool need a striker, a winger and a midfielder. You could get top class players like that for under the amount of revenue Liverpool make which makes it ok. Arsenal's problem is that they dont spend money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,089,804 times
Reputation: 4093
So you say that but think Arsenal have a better chance than City and Chelsea of winning the league next season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 01:10 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,558 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
So you say that but think Arsenal have a better chance than City and Chelsea of winning the league next season.

Well they are already above Chelsea this season because of RVP and if they keep him plus sign a few top class players then yes why not. Chelsea and City will not be able to sell players because of their wages. Tevez will be there next season because knowone can afford his wages. City are chocking already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2012, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,089,804 times
Reputation: 4093
Oh god, I haven't got the strength anymore.

I'm all for differences of opinion, but blatant not thought out comments I am done responding to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top