U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 03:05 AM

10,426 posts, read 12,430,967 times

Advertisements

Teams in bold will go to the quarter-finals!

Apoel vs Lyon
Napoli vs Chelsea
AC Milan vs Arsenal
FC Basel vs FC Bayern Munchen
Bayer Leverkusen vs FC Barcelona
CSKA Moscow vs Real Madrid
Zenit Petersburg vs Benfica
Marseille vs Inter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 AM

218 posts, read 210,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post

Apoel vs Lyon
Napoli vs Chelsea
AC Milan vs Arsenal
Marseille vs Inter
I disagree with Arsenal and Inter. Both teams do not have consistency.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:52 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,675,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post

Apoel vs Lyon
Napoli vs Chelsea
AC Milan vs Arsenal
Marseille vs Inter
I doubt wether Arsenal will make it against AC Milan (albeit, being a Gunner fan, I sincerely hope so). Zenit vs Benfica can go either way, no telling really. And guaranteed Napoli will give Chelsea a tough time. For the rest, I follow your predictions .

Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 PM

921 posts, read 910,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
I doubt wether Arsenal will make it against AC Milan (albeit, being a Gunner fan, I sincerely hope so). Zenit vs Benfica can go either way, no telling really. And guaranteed Napoli will give Chelsea a tough time. For the rest, I follow your predictions .
Good predictions so far. Arsenal destroyed by AC. I didn't know Robinho was still playing.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:48 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,097,982 times
That's the best I have seen Milan play in AGES. Good week for them back to the top of Serie A, basically through to the last 8 of the Champions League keep that up and the season is looking bright, why did Spurs get rid of Kevin Prince Boateng? He looks better every time I see him. Arsenal were DIRE to say the least.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:06 PM

956 posts, read 979,358 times
Time for Wegner to go. As great of a manager as he is, his time at Arsenal must come to an end. Over the last several seasons, he has made horrendous transfer window decisions, and it is costing the fans more than anyone else. Without RVP this season, Arsenal would be well below the 4th place spot they are clinging onto. The squad needs a total make-over, with last nights game putting any doubts about it away. A brand new backline (save Sagna), creative and skilled midfielders (Rosisky and co. are s***), and a world class forward to take some pressure off of RVP (should he decide to stay at the Emirates).

Credit where credit is due, Milan are a world-class club, but there are no excuses for a scoreline of that magnitude.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:24 PM

921 posts, read 910,258 times
Looks like AVB doesn't know what he is doing....

Old 02-24-2012, 10:06 AM

580 posts, read 862,531 times
I am an Inter fan but they are really in bad shape. The loss in Marseille can put them out of the UCL for good. Lots of changes have to happen there.
Arsenal is gone after getting hammered in Milan by AC Milan. Chelsea still have chances against Napoli, but no more than 40%. Napoli is high on the UCL as they are faring poorly in the Italian League.
As for AVB, he was a poor choice from the beginning; the problem at Stamford Bridge is not the coach, but the owner, the same guy who let go of Ancelotti to get a fancy name in.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:28 PM

5,599 posts, read 8,288,967 times
Anybody watching/watched the Barcelona - Leverkusen match? Five minutes to go and Barcelona 7-0 up with Messi scoring five, this is ****ing unreal!

Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,426,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Anybody watching/watched the Barcelona - Leverkusen match? Five minutes to go and Barcelona 7-0 up with Messi scoring five, this is ****ing unreal!
i think i'm ready to take back my stance of c ronaldo>messi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer