U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 PM

14 posts, read 15,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Anybody watching/watched the Barcelona - Leverkusen match? Five minutes to go and Barcelona 7-0 up with Messi scoring five, this is ****ing unreal!
Messi is AMAZING. He's only 24 and has over 225 goals for Barcelona. Only needs a few more goals to set the Barcelona record for goals in all competitions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 11:26 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,403,415 times
Messi is just a living legend. Its not every often we get sports starts who are so good at their game at such a young age. There are stars but nobody compares to Messi IMHO. I can win every discussion about a great player thats playing today by saying "Hes not as good as Messi"

Old 03-12-2012, 01:46 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,104,922 times
It is no surprise, he IS the best player ever!

Old 03-14-2012, 04:22 PM

Thats the most enjoyable game I have seen this season. Chelsea played a great game and to come back from a 3-1 first leg defeat against Napoli is no mean feat. And David Luiz actually looked good tonight!

Old 03-14-2012, 04:34 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,427,912 times
congrats paul; hopefully we can do the same against Bilbao..in the europa league

Old 03-14-2012, 07:52 PM

No congrats are in order they are not my team, just thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable game! I'm looking forward to the Man United, Bilbao game United will have to go for it so it is set up to be an intriguing game.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:06 AM

921 posts, read 910,788 times
Champions League, quarter-final draw:
APOEL Nicosia v Real Madrid
Marseille v Bayern Munich
Benfica v Chelsea
AC Milan v Barcelona

First legs to be played on March 27/28
Second legs to be played on April 3/4

Semi-final draw:
Marseille/Bayern Munich v APOEL Nicosia/Real Madrid
Benfica/Chelsea v AC Milan/Barcelona

First legs to be played on April 17/18
Second legs to be played on April 24/25

Looks like a walk in the park for Real Madrid all the way to the finals.
Tough draw for Barcelona, I think AC Milan is capable of getting results v Barca.
Chelsea certain semi-finalists.
Do you want to see another Chelsea-Barca semi?

Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 AM

AC Milan will get hammered from Barca I think, yeah they got a good result in the group stages against Barca, but Barcas form has went up a notch, Chelsea have been one of the few teams to outplay Barca and they have done it more than once so it will be interesting if that fixture happens in the semis.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:35 AM

921 posts, read 910,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
AC Milan will get hammered from Barca I think, yeah they got a good result in the group stages against Barca, but Barcas form has went up a notch, Chelsea have been one of the few teams to outplay Barca and they have done it more than once so it will be interesting if that fixture happens in the semis.
Remember how Inter Milan dumped Barca out 2 years ago in the semis or quarter finals?
Italian clubs, especialy Inter, AC an Juve are/were masters at getting results in the knockout stages. And Barca is definitely beatable, their form in Spanish La Liga is far from perfect.

I would like to see Chelsea-Barca semis though.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,309,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Remember how Inter Milan dumped Barca out 2 years ago in the semis or quarter finals?
Italian clubs, especialy Inter, AC an Juve are/were masters at getting results in the knockout stages. And Barca is definitely beatable, their form in Spanish La Liga is far from perfect.

I would like to see Chelsea-Barca semis though.

It probaly will be a Barca Chelsea semi. Barca should walk Milan and Chelsea should walk Benfica. Then a Barca v Madrid final would be amazing. The two best clubs in the world fighting for the best trophy in club world football.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer