U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 10:27 AM

921 posts, read 910,470 times

Advertisements

I want to see another Chelsea - Barca semi, that is for sure.
And Madrid - Bayern is not a bad one either .

But let's wait and see if Barca will beat AC first.
Remember CL finals back in 1994 (aka European Cup)?
Everybody was raving how Barca will kill AC but it ended 4:0 AC.

I am not a AC fan and this is different set up now, but never write off Italians off in games like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 10:39 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,309,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
What just like the last game where Barca had 1 shot on target and Chelsea should have had THREE stone wall penalties and completely outplayed Barca for 90 minutes? Barca won't slaughter them, I think Chelsea have a better chance than most to beat Barca.

Maybe so but Barca still won that game. Iniesta's goal was so amazing when it happend I was delighted. I dont say they will slaughter them but I would say that theybwill out play them and win the game and go true. I am hoping for an El Clasico final.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I want to see another Chelsea - Barca semi, that is for sure.
And Madrid - Bayern is not a bad one either .

But let's wait and see if Barca will beat AC first.
Remember CL finals back in 1994 (aka European Cup)?
Everybody was raving how Barca will kill AC but it ended 4:0 AC.

I am not a AC fan and this is different set up now, but never write off Italians off in games like this.
To be fair to Barcelona though they are the best team in the world and this is the greatest Barca team of all time. Better then the 94 team. This is not the best Milan team however.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 AM

921 posts, read 910,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
To be fair to Barcelona though they are the best team in the world and this is the greatest Barca team of all time. Better then the 94 team. This is not the best Milan team however.
This is very far from being the best Milan team. In fact it is one the worst and oldest they had. But still they are Italians and know how to get the result when needed.
And John, that doesn't mean AC will go through for sure, I am just not writing them off easily.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,101,874 times
You are right Barca still won the game with a wonder goal with the last kick of the game and their 1st shot on target but you have to say Chelsea were extremely unlucky not to go through. I just think if any team can beat Barca in the champions league it will be Chelsea, Chelseas style, pace and power seems to be Barcas achilles heel. I look forward to the semis anyway, some very intriguing games.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
And John, that doesn't mean AC will go through for sure, I am just not writing them off easily.
Yeah I know mate. I would not write them off either. All it takes is a mistake from a defender and Ibra will smash it in the back of the Barca net.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
You are right Barca still won the game with a wonder goal with the last kick of the game and their 1st shot on target but you have to say Chelsea were extremely unlucky not to go through. I just think if any team can beat Barca in the champions league it will be Chelsea, Chelseas style, pace and power seems to be Barcas achilles heel. I look forward to the semis anyway, some very intriguing games.
Yes I agree. Chelsea will be a threat to Barca. That would be a good game but we still need to get through the quarters. Both games are still up for grabs. I could see Chelsea losing 1-0 at the Bridge and Benfica beating them on penalties.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,781 times
Just a tidbit, I believe Chelsea has a winning record against Barcelona in the Champions League.

I like Chelsea's chances, especially up 1-0 on aggregate with the away goal as they head into the second leg in West London.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:45 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,141,407 times
Hey does anyone know where I can watch the UEFA online or on tv? I unfortunately dont have Gol tv and there are some matches Im really looking forward to watching if I can find where to watch them.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:59 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,101,874 times
I have a good site.

coolsportz .de

Last edited by paull805; 04-01-2012 at 04:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer