U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 02:23 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,309,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Don't know. Actually, after what he pulled off last saturday, I think he does belong in the list with Peter Schmeichel, Roy Keane, Dennis Bergkamp, Cristiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, Gianfranco Zola,...
What he did on Saturday had nothing to do with the PL though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,274,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
What he did on Saturday had nothing to do with the PL though.

What he did in the Champions League was great, but he is not consistent enough in the Premiership.

And, as John said, that had nothing to do with the PL.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,104,922 times
Drogba will indeed go down as a great.

When multiple defenders have called him unplayable when at his best, that's a good bit of evidence!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:33 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,546,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Drogba will indeed go down as a great.

When multiple defenders have called him unplayable when at his best, that's a good bit of evidence!
I hope this means that Lukaku gets to play next season, IF he decides to stay at the club after being snubbed by AVB.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I hope this means that Lukaku gets to play next season, IF he decides to stay at the club after being snubbed by AVB.
He seems like a ****. Did you hear him saying he will never forgive AVB for the way he treated him. You would think he abused the bloke.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
He seems like a ****. Did you hear him saying he will never forgive AVB for the way he treated him. You would think he abused the bloke.
Well I understand his frustration. He was bought for 18 million and probably at least expected to be gradually be brought into the team. To be shoved aside like that can't have been easy for an ambitious and highly talented 19 year old. Obviously AVB had no desire to include him in the team. Chelsea should have at least loaned him out to gain experience. Who pays 18 million for a player to have him never play?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Well I understand his frustration. He was bought for 18 million and probably at least expected to be gradually be brought into the team. To be shoved aside like that can't have been easy for an ambitious and highly talented 19 year old. Obviously AVB had no desire to include him in the team. Chelsea should have at least loaned him out to gain experience. Who pays 18 million for a player to have him never play?
Oh yes I understand his frustration but for him to say that he will never forgive him is a bit to much dont you think. Its not like AVB killed his family or anything like that. I get why he should be mad at him but to say you will never ever forgive him is a bit too much dont you think.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Oh yes I understand his frustration but for him to say that he will never forgive him is a bit to much dont you think. Its not like AVB killed his family or anything like that. I get why he should be mad at him but to say you will never ever forgive him is a bit too much dont you think.
It was going a bit far, but without knowing the full facts, it's hard to say. Maybe there was more to it than is being reported in the news. Maybe AVB just genuinely disliked Lukaku for whatever reason.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,676,440 times
Ah Lukaku should have gone out on a loan to some other team in order to play more often. I think he skipped a step, going straight from Anderlecht to Chelsea...Should have gone to a mid-table team, to get used to the English pace and style of play.

About AVB: you have to remember he's only 19 years old. He's no saint for sure, but for his age, he's mature and intelligent enough. Give him some credit when it comes to these things.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Ah Lukaku should have gone out on a loan to some other team in order to play more often. I think he skipped a step, going straight from Anderlecht to Chelsea...Should have gone to a mid-table team, to get used to the English pace and style of play.

About AVB: you have to remember he's only 19 years old. He's no saint for sure, but for his age, he's mature and intelligent enough. Give him some credit when it comes to these things.
Well, I think that if AVB had no intention of playing him, he should have at least loaned him out elsewhere, like Man City did with John Guidetti. Poor guy would have been better off staying at Anderlecht, where he would have at least got to play. I hope that next season, he gets a chance to either break into the first team or gets a decent loan deal. He's too good to just be pushed to the sidelines. I have seen clips of this kid in action and he is phenomenal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer