U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 01:17 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,686,633 times

Advertisements

Hello football fans!

May I start a new thread on the Brazilian Premier League 2011 (Brasileirão 2011 - Série A)?

Brasileirão 2011 - Série A is already in the 17th round.

The table of the league after the 16th round is:

1. Corinthians - 34 points

2. Flamengo - 34 points

3. São Paulo - 32 points

4. Vasco - 30 points

5. Botafogo - 28 points

6. Palmeiras - 27 points

7. Internacional - 23 points

8. Figueirense - 23 points

9. Fluminense - 21 points

10. Coritiba - 21 points

11. Cruzeiro - 21 points

12. Ceará - 19 points

13. Bahia - 19 points

14. Grêmio - 18 points

15. Atlético Goianiense - 16 points

16. Santos - 15 points

17. Atlético Mineiro - 15 points

18. Atlético Paranaense - 13 points

19. Avaí - 13 points

20. América Mineiro - 11 points

The four worst teams will be relegated to the second league ("Série B") in 2012.

The next matches, in the 17th round, are:

Wednesday, August 17

Fluminense x Figueirense

Atlético Paranaense x Cruzeiro

Ceará x Grêmio

Avaí x Vasco

Santos x Coritiba

Atlético Mineiro x Corinthians

Internacional x Botafogo

Thursday, August 18

Palmeiras x Bahia

Flamengo x Atlético Goianiense

América Mineiro x São Paulo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 01:35 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,132,910 times
Santos look like their in trouble, their a big team that might get relegated! It is a pity people can't watch a lot of matches from Brazil, but what do you expect with the time zones, and the fact that Europe has lots of leagues, people can't find the time to keep up with all these leagues, I am going to try and 'follow' the MLS, Brazilian and Argentine leagues, I watch highlights of MLS a lot, their games are on late, so have no choice really, but I'll start to do the same with the other 2 leagues and see how I like them, you never know I might get hooked!

Old 08-16-2011, 01:54 PM

Learn more about the 20 contenders on Wikipedia:

América Mineiro (home city: Belo Horizonte) - América Futebol Clube (MG) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atlético Mineiro
(home city: Belo Horizonte) - Clube Atlético Mineiro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atlético Goianiense
(home city: Goiânia) - Atlético Clube Goianiense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atlético Paranaense (home city: Curitiba) - Clube Atlético Paranaense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Avaí (home city: Florianópolis) - Avaí Futebol Clube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bahia (home city: Salvador) - Esporte Clube Bahia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Botafogo (home city: Rio de Janeiro) - Botafogo de Futebol e Regatas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ceará (home city: Fortaleza) - Ceará Sporting Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Corinthians (home city: São Paulo) - Sport Club Corinthians Paulista - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coritiba (home city: Curitiba) - Coritiba Foot Ball Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cruzeiro (home city: Belo Horizonte) - Cruzeiro Esporte Clube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Figueirense (home city: Florianópolis) - Figueirense Futebol Clube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Flamengo (home city: Rio de Janeiro) - Clube de Regatas do Flamengo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fluminense (home city: Rio de Janeiro) - Fluminense Football Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grêmio (home city: Porto Alegre) - Grêmio Foot-Ball Porto Alegrense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Internacional (home city: Porto Alegre) - Sport Club Internacional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Palmeiras (home city: São Paulo) - Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Santos (home city: Santos) - Santos FC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

São Paulo (home city: São Paulo) - São Paulo FC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vasco da Gama (home city: Rio de Janeiro) - CR Vasco da Gama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-16-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Santos look like their in trouble, their a big team that might get relegated! It is a pity people can't watch a lot of matches from Brazil, but what do you expect with the time zones, and the fact that Europe has lots of leagues, people can't find the time to keep up with all these leagues, I am going to try and 'follow' the MLS, Brazilian and Argentine leagues, I watch highlights of MLS a lot, their games are on late, so have no choice really, but I'll start to do the same with the other 2 leagues and see how I like them, you never know I might get hooked!

I don't think Santos will be relegated. Santos played 2 games less than the other teams (the team is 2 games behind the others). I believe Santos will recover in the championship, and at the end will be among the first 12 teams.

About the time zones, it should be really hard to anyone in Europe to watch the matches in Brazil, but there are many matches on Sundays at 4 PM local hour in Brazil, that's Sunday night in Europe (between 6 PM and 9 PM, depending on the country).

Old 08-16-2011, 04:23 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,132,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
I don't think Santos will be relegated. Santos played 2 games less than the other teams (the team is 2 games behind the others). I believe Santos will recover in the championship, and at the end will be among the first 12 teams.

About the time zones, it should be really hard to anyone in Europe to watch the matches in Brazil, but there are many matches on Sundays at 4 PM local hour in Brazil, that's Sunday night in Europe (between 6 PM and 9 PM, depending on the country).
Nice one, I'll look out for the Sunday matches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer