U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-05-2012, 06:35 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,377,908 times
Reputation: 13686

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
It maybe Dundee Uniteds fault, it isn't the fans fault
Of course not .... angels the lot of them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-05-2012, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,120,962 times
Reputation: 4093
Jaggy, they defended themselves from Russians climbing up and attacking them. My cousin said children were screaming and men who were just sitting down were attacked. Instead of sticking up for Russian hooligans maybe you should side with your countrymen who were not adequately protected from police or stewards and were set upon and had to defended themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 03:56 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,377,908 times
Reputation: 13686
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Jaggy, they defended themselves from Russians climbing up and attacking them. My cousin said children were screaming and men who were just sitting down were attacked. Instead of sticking up for Russian hooligans maybe you should side with your countrymen who were not adequately protected from police or stewards and were set upon and had to defended themselves.
Well, you know, there are always three sides to any controversy ...

- your side
- their side
- the truth.

The Royal Mail worker, whose fans’ organisation represent more than 1500 people, was among a group of home supporters who reacted when away fans climbed into an area where they were sitting. Witnesses claimed the brawl was triggered by people throwing unidentified liquid and other objects at Russians seated below.

Officers are investigating whether the Russian fans were provoked and if known “risk supporters” were involved.


Dundee United v Dynamo Moscow match violence - Daily Record

How come you choose to ignore the very real possibility that the Russian fans were provoked which I already alluded to and which is given credence in the above article? This is not to excuse those involved in the fighting but, in my experience, things are rarely as simple as it seems .... and as you would have us believe.

Also, why would Dundee United put Russian fans in a place where they could have objected thrown down upon them? Very amateurish organisation and which is going to cost them a big fine.

UEFA have opened disciplinary proceedings against Dundee Utd and Dinamo Moscow

A UEFA spokesperson told STV: "UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Dundee United FC and FC Dinamo Moskva for crowd disturbances (Article 6 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations) and attempted invasion of the pitch by supporters (Article 11 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations) of Dundee United FC at the first leg of the UEFA Europa League third round qualifying match between the two teams.


Article 6 of the Disciplinary Regulations states:

"1. Member associations and clubs are responsible for the conduct of their players, officials, members, supporters and any other persons exercising a function at a match on behalf of the member association or club.

"2. The host associations or clubs are responsible for order and security both inside and around the stadium before, during and after the match. They are liable for incidents of any kind, and may be rendered subject to disciplinary measures and directives."

Article 11 holds clubs responsible for the conduct of their supporters both in and around the stadium and covers a range of incidents including the throwing of objects and attempting to invade the pitch.


http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/d...dinamo-moscow/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,120,962 times
Reputation: 4093
One idiotic fan throwing a PLASTIC CUP of fanta down to the bottom tier doesn't give the Russians carte blanche to CLIMB UP to the top tier and attack anyone they wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 05:38 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,377,908 times
Reputation: 13686
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
One idiotic fan throwing a PLASTIC CUP of fanta down to the bottom tier doesn't give the Russians carte blanche to CLIMB UP to the top tier and attack anyone they wish.
Ah, so now you admit that stuff was thrown. Funny how you omitted that from your other posts. How do you know that other objects were not also thrown at the Russians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,120,962 times
Reputation: 4093
Jaggy, what nationality are you again. All your posts are bashing your fellow countrymen and you aren't bothered about the behaviour of Russian fans. You will be a bitter Rangers fan no doubt, and if you are then may I remember you that at Ibrox everything you can think of used to rain down on away fans when the away fans used to be allocated seats in the bottom tier, and the Rangers "fans" in their thousands rioted through the streets of Manchester only a few years ago. I can recall you commenting on it and you never had the same abhorrence to that than a cup of fanta being thrown by one idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 07:50 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,377,908 times
Reputation: 13686
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Jaggy, what nationality are you again. All your posts are bashing your fellow countrymen and you aren't bothered about the behaviour of Russian fans. You will be a bitter Rangers fan no doubt, and if you are then may I remember you that at Ibrox everything you can think of used to rain down on away fans when the away fans used to be allocated seats in the bottom tier, and the Rangers "fans" in their thousands rioted through the streets of Manchester only a few years ago. I can recall you commenting on it and you never had the same abhorrence to that than a cup of fanta being thrown by one idiot.
I'm not bashing my fellow countrymen. Just pointing out that the truth of what happened is more nuanced than you would like us all to believe.

Just one cup of Fanta eh? How do you know it was Fanta? How do you know it was the only thing thrown? Why did you not mention that objects had been thrown earlier in the discussion? What are you trying to hide?

As to the rest of your post. It is wholly irrelevant to the discussion. Deflect and deny. Is that what it is about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 AM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,120,962 times
Reputation: 4093
I said who the person who throw the cup was idiotic, and if anyone else did they are to, still doesn't justify the behaviour of the Russians. And no it isn't deflect and deny, just highlighting the double standards of a lot of Rangers fans who are bitter and are calling for United to be thrown out of Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,552 posts, read 16,421,151 times
Reputation: 5092
I thought all the Rangers fans that attacked us when we played them and the ones that tried to tear the stadium apart were very nice people. Not a bitter, hatefull bone in them Paull. No idea what yorue talking about with Rangers fans theyre all angels ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 12:36 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,377,908 times
Reputation: 13686
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I said who the person who throw the cup was idiotic, and if anyone else did they are to, still doesn't justify the behaviour of the Russians. And no it isn't deflect and deny, just highlighting the double standards of a lot of Rangers fans who are bitter and are calling for United to be thrown out of Europe.
Dundee United are far more likely to get a fine. Given that they also got fined a year ago by UEFA (such angels ), the fine is likely to be a large one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top