U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,113,379 times

Advertisements

Three Rangers players were quizzed by police investigating an alleged money laundering scam this week. John Fleck, Kyle Hutton and Kal Naismith were questioned after they were spotted with a suspect already under investigation. The probe comes not long after Naismith and Hutton were abducted by men who beat and threatened to kill them. The players were bundled into the back of Hutton's Audi A3 by car jackers Ryan Moore and Paul Hislen in Edinburgh. They were robbed before being dumped in Niddrie area in the capital. Moore and Hislen were later jailed for nearly 4 years. Last night Hutton and Fleck joined English League One side Sheffield United on loan.

Cops quiz Rangers stars in ‘dirty money’ probe | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 AM

14,253 posts, read 15,364,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Three Rangers players were quizzed by police investigating an alleged money laundering scam this week. John Fleck, Kyle Hutton and Kal Naismith were questioned after they were spotted with a suspect already under investigation. The probe comes not long after Naismith and Hutton were abducted by men who beat and threatened to kill them. The players were bundled into the back of Hutton's Audi A3 by car jackers Ryan Moore and Paul Hislen in Edinburgh. They were robbed before being dumped in Niddrie area in the capital. Moore and Hislen were later jailed for nearly 4 years. Last night Hutton and Fleck joined English League One side Sheffield United on loan.

Cops quiz Rangers stars in ‘dirty money’ probe | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News
Why did you forget to add this bit:

"There won't be criminal proceedings taken against them."

In other words they have not done anything wrong.

Freudian slip

Old 09-01-2011, 08:06 AM

There could be charges, they are investigating a so called ''ring'' who's to say they weren't involved, if they are found to be involved then obviously they can be arrested, maybe they are innocent but they are of interest to the police.

There hanging around with dodgy people late at night, does look a bit suspicious!

And I did say quizzed jaggy, not arrested or charged!

Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
There could be charges, they are investigating a so called ''ring'' who's to say they weren't involved, if they are found to be involved then obviously they can be arrested, maybe they are innocent but they are of interest to the police.

There hanging around with dodgy people late at night, does look a bit suspicious!

And I did say quizzed jaggy, not arrested or charged!
The press report clearly states that they will not be charged. What part of that do you find difficult?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:34 AM

More than likely they wont, but are you telling me that just because they have said that they won't be charged, that they cannot be charged at a later date if evidence IS found that they were involved in something. Like I say more than likely there wont be charges, but the police are investigating something and if they find something I don't think a good defence for them will be ''You said we wouldn't be charged before!''

Maybe I'm being a bit cynical! The story just caught my attention on the news this morning, we'll watch this space and see if something if anything materialises!

Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 AM

1,634 posts, read 3,276,538 times

does not translate into

"they have not done anything wrong."

Another translation could be "there is not enough evidence to charge them"

Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post

does not translate into

"they have not done anything wrong."

Another translation could be "there is not enough evidence to charge them"
Ever heard of the presumption of innocence?

Old 09-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Jaggy I never posted a thread accusing them of guilt, I stated that police quizzed them. I was merely posting it as it has been an eventful year for these players with the incident in Edinburgh, the police quizzing them for this (again quizzing them not charging them) and now that they have been sent out on loan to Sheffield United. That's the reasons why I posted this thread not because they are guilty of a crime, but sometimes there is more to it that's all I'm saying, sometimes of course not always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer