U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 PM

9,586 posts, read 8,918,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
never said they were ... just pointing out they have coverage in the local papers ... not sure if they are the ones you read or not, but they are definitely covered in their home market
I hear you....

Old 10-07-2011, 11:28 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,766,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
NBA is not talked about much here believe it or not..its all college and high school basketball. KC has no interest in baseball because the team sucks ...ANY small market city where the team is bad is gonna have a very small fan base..its the way it goes in baseball. In the 70's the Royals were HUGE when they were good. If they show signs of life all the fans will come back.
KC still has interest in baseball and the Royals still draw pretty well even with their record. You can get tickets for less than $10 so a lot of people go out for a cheap time.

Quote:
Edit: ooo you said NBA didnt you..my bad. Glad I read the posts first before commenting. Yea, the KC , St.Louis area with no pro NBA team would not have much interest, makes sense.
You seem to recognize that the NBA would not be very popular in markets that didnt have a team but you cannot recognize that a city and state you live in doesnt have an MLS team so that is why you are not exposed to it? If you are not in an MLS market you would have no way to gauge how popular MLS is or is not and that is my entire point.

When you sum up what you have said in this thread made the point that because you and no one you associate with cares about soccer and MLS that it isnt popular overall. Can you at least admit that maybe MLS is more popular than you know it to be because of the market you live in?

Funny thing was that I was packing some kitchen items from my old house tonight using newspaper from the last several months. Every time I pulled a sports section out of the box I flipped through it. Almost every single one had an article about Sporting KC in it, even issues that came out before their season started. I also heard two radio interviews today with players from the team and Sporting Kansas City had a car race tonight in the NASCAR race here at the Kansas Speedway.

You may not care for MLS or soccer overall and the circle of people you hang out with may not either but that doesnt mean that there are not millions of MLS fans out there in the country. Whatever city you live in and even taking it to the state level it is a very, very small percentage of the overall population and is not an accurate sample of what this country enjoys overall.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
KC still has interest in baseball and the Royals still draw pretty well even with their record. You can get tickets for less than $10 so a lot of people go out for a cheap time.

You seem to recognize that the NBA would not be very popular in markets that didnt have a team but you cannot recognize that a city and state you live in doesnt have an MLS team so that is why you are not exposed to it? If you are not in an MLS market you would have no way to gauge how popular MLS is or is not and that is my entire point.

When you sum up what you have said in this thread made the point that because you and no one you associate with cares about soccer and MLS that it isnt popular overall. Can you at least admit that maybe MLS is more popular than you know it to be because of the market you live in?

Funny thing was that I was packing some kitchen items from my old house tonight using newspaper from the last several months. Every time I pulled a sports section out of the box I flipped through it. Almost every single one had an article about Sporting KC in it, even issues that came out before their season started. I also heard two radio interviews today with players from the team and Sporting Kansas City had a car race tonight in the NASCAR race here at the Kansas Speedway.

You may not care for MLS or soccer overall and the circle of people you hang out with may not either but that doesnt mean that there are not millions of MLS fans out there in the country. Whatever city you live in and even taking it to the state level it is a very, very small percentage of the overall population and is not an accurate sample of what this country enjoys overall.
Interesting..nobody ever writes on the soccer forum ...you know why? NOBODY CARES......................

Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 AM

3,851 posts, read 3,986,357 times
Quote:
Interesting..nobody ever writes on the soccer forum ...you know why? NOBODY CARES......................
No we just go to other sites or talk about it in person. The book forum on City Data is lame, that doesn't mean nobody cares about reading.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:57 AM

7,552 posts, read 16,421,151 times
Nice jp, Football being the most popular sport in the world eats you up on the inside. Its great.

You should troll elsewhere though

Old 10-13-2011, 01:33 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,766,829 times
Quote:

Yeah, the population of posters in the Sports forum of City-Data.com is great sample of what the general public thinks. You've obviously never taken a statistics course.

I post on soccer boards with over 200,000 members, all of them within the U.S. That is where I go to really discuss the sport, not here. I just happen to check this subforum every couple of days.

It's the most popular sport in the entire world by a landslide. American Football and Baseball do not even register on the scale when it comes to the true popularity. They are like games made up by grade school kids compared to soccer.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Yeah, the population of posters in the Sports forum of City-Data.com is great sample of what the general public thinks. You've obviously never taken a statistics course.

I post on soccer boards with over 200,000 members, all of them within the U.S. That is where I go to really discuss the sport, not here. I just happen to check this subforum every couple of days.

It's the most popular sport in the entire world by a landslide. American Football and Baseball do not even register on the scale when it comes to the true popularity. They are like games made up by grade school kids compared to soccer.
The world may love soccer but nobody here does..

Old 10-13-2011, 03:09 PM

9,739 posts, read 18,487,306 times
I watched a soccer game once & i nodded off. Soccer is sooo boring.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:10 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,430,923 times
Quote:
The world may love soccer but nobody here does..
Nobody? There's plenty of people that follow soccer and you know that. Now play nice or i'm gonna tell your mommy ur being mean in the interwebz!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:11 PM

7,552 posts, read 16,421,151 times
Shell have to look inter the bridge to find him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer