U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,748,396 times
Reputation: 2809

Advertisements

I cant believe a bunch of Americans are disputing that there are no last minute victories in soccer after what Landon Donovan did in the 2010 World Cup. How can people not remember that?

Just to show you how stupid you look when you say that:


The World's Reaction to Landon Donovan's Game Winning Goal - YouTube

 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,745,065 times
Reputation: 46028
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Nice one Ghen, how long did it take you to come up with that awesome "insult".

This threads going to be closed (again) really soon with some of the BS attitudes here and good riddance at this stage. Its just a breeding ground for trolls to come in here and stir up trouble from people who seem to take the bait as quickly as its fed to them.
Really? Given how many pejoratives have been slung around by soccer partisans, who are the trolls? You realize that "They're stupid" or "they're neanderthals" are really not very good answers for why Americans have not embraced soccer, right?

And, even more to your point, I think I've offered up any number of excellent, well-reasoned thoughts on the subject. I didn't realize that these qualify as being a troll.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:09 AM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,185,053 times
Reputation: 7005
Still goin' at it, huh....?
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,801 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Exactly. It's the presumed superiority of some soccer fans. They pretend they don't care that we don't watch it, but they are really bothered. Kind of like the fat pimply girl who can't understand why she's never asked to the prom but pretends she doesn't care.
Yeah, right. I can't sleep at night because of this you know.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:16 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,801 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I cant believe a bunch of Americans are disputing that there are no last minute victories in soccer after what Landon Donovan did in the 2010 World Cup. How can people not remember that?

Just to show you how stupid you look when you say that:


The World's Reaction to Landon Donovan's Game Winning Goal - YouTube
Nice video Robb.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:36 AM
 
1,807 posts, read 2,890,576 times
Reputation: 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
There is more ignorance in this post than any single person should be allowed to have.
so let me get this straight.. when the thread asks why americans dont like soccer, and the reasons are given, they are dismissed as ignorance? hahahah

the only thing you posted a response to is 'last minute victories' which i never argued.. and there were still 4 minutes left in that game... that goal can't be compared to a walk off homerun or a shot at the buzzer.. because of the clock reason that i posted. oh wait its 'ignorance' that i point out how the clock in soccer works and how it rarely leaves opportunities for miraculous last second victories like in other sports.

but please, point out to me the countless stats that soccer fans argue when discussing things like the best soccer player ever... here i'll help you:

Greatest football player of all time

it's a discussion about who scores the most goals and subjectivity about players "technical skills"...



and while you're at it, please point out the 'athletic freaks' in soccer.. because as i said, the best soccer player in the world is shorter than i was in the 8th grade.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:38 AM
 
2,478 posts, read 4,870,173 times
Reputation: 4489
I've tried to like soccer. I've watched it on TV, different leagues, world cup, etc. I even played in a league for about a year. But can't get into it.
I love hockey, football and baseball but can't get into basketball or soccer. I find both tremendously boring. One has too little scoring, the other too much. Both these sports also tend to have the most floppers.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,392,934 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Really? Given how many pejoratives have been slung around by soccer partisans, who are the trolls? You realize that "They're stupid" or "they're neanderthals" are really not very good answers for why Americans have not embraced soccer, right?

And, even more to your point, I think I've offered up any number of excellent, well-reasoned thoughts on the subject. I didn't realize that these qualify as being a troll.
Hey man I purposely didnt use any names in that statement and just threw it out there as I know exactly what would happen to the thread. If you think I was talking about you or you fall under that category then it is what it is, I never mentioned you.

I just said what I said because it sometimes can be a good debate but when insults get thrown out threads get closed, this thread has already been closed once and will again but at this rate I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt opened again.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,801 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
because as i said, the best soccer player in the world is shorter than i was in the 8th grade.
This IS cold. Learn a thing or two about the "best soccer player" medical condition he had and then put your smile face on.
And I am not even the fan of him.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 09:44 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,451 posts, read 1,425,826 times
Reputation: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
The only fool who seems riled up is you.
good one..lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top