U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Reputation: 7005

Advertisements

Wow, this became a 3 man show, basically...

 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:07 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,235 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
JD47 do you want me to show you actual non subjective evidence of mutant-like athletic ability in basketball? because i don't know if you're serious or not.

i've read lebron james has like a 42-44'' vertical leap, i cant find confirmation right now... but do you understand these type of stats.. thats over 3 feet leaping ability.
there are 40 yard dash times, bench, broad jump, stats...
then there's things like this:



this is a man jumping over a 7 footer. the guy in the white is 7 feet tall.



^this is a man jumping 13 feet from the free throw line to the rim. michael jordan had a vertical leap of 40+ inches.

these are uncommon feats of human ability. that is what i mean by freak athleticism.
bicycle kicks in soccer are skilled shots. women and kids can replicate bicycle kicks. most human beings can't dunk from the free throw line or jump over 7 foot men.
Eh but is'nt basketball a game were you need to be tall so therfore the one jumping over the 7 footer is probally around 7 foot himself.

Have you ever heard of Wayne Rooney. He is a big ugly guy who looks like Shrek. Well anyway he is 5ft 10. Would you say he is not athletic.


Rooney Bicycle kick Vs Manchester City HD - YouTube
 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,550 posts, read 16,383,531 times
Reputation: 5087
Women and kids can do bicycle kicks ? Any fool can do something once on a freak thing.

I cant believe yous are all trying to argue which sports has the better athletes ...
 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Women and kids can do bicycle kicks ? Any fool can do something once on a freak thing.

I cant believe yous are all trying to argue which sports has the better athletes ...
You know what I can't believe? The very fact that this thread exists.....

My question is, why would any soccer fan care?
 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:36 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,235 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You know what I can't believe? The very fact that this thread exists.....

My question is, why would any soccer fan care?

The honest truth is that I could not give a **** if Americans do not like football. My problem is when people dis football when the truth is that they dont have a clue what they are talking about.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
The honest truth is that I could not give a **** if Americans do not like football. My problem is when people dis football when the truth is that they dont have a clue what they are talking about.
But Americans do like football. Why do you think the Super Bowl is the biggest event in the country? lol.

Apparently, you DO care as you're part of the reason why we've gone to a million pages on this.

Also, it's not like soccer fans don't diss football and American football fans (see the "knuckle-dragging" comments before) so don't try to play the victim. My problem with anyone in any sport is really the same problem you have. Only, I have that problem with ALL sports, not just one that I care about. I have all the respect in the world for football, basketball, baseball, hockey, NASCAR, rugby, horse racing, swimming, extreme sports, tennis, golf, etc. And yes, I have respect for that sport you call football (soccer). But when you ask the question "Why don't Americans like world football?", you get answers you may not like to see or here. No need to take it seriously.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,743,505 times
Reputation: 2806
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Women and kids can do bicycle kicks ? Any fool can do something once on a freak thing.

I cant believe yous are all trying to argue which sports has the better athletes ...
I am just trying to kill a slow work day.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:48 PM
 
921 posts, read 909,275 times
Reputation: 96
Enough already!
 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:55 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,235 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
But Americans do like football. Why do you think the Super Bowl is the biggest event in the country? lol.

Apparently, you DO care as you're part of the reason why we've gone to a million pages on this.

Also, it's not like soccer fans don't diss football and American football fans (see the "knuckle-dragging" comments before) so don't try to play the victim. My problem with anyone in any sport is really the same problem you have. Only, I have that problem with ALL sports, not just one that I care about. I have all the respect in the world for football, basketball, baseball, hockey, NASCAR, rugby, horse racing, swimming, extreme sports, tennis, golf, etc. And yes, I have respect for that sport you call football (soccer). But when you ask the question "Why don't Americans like world football?", you get answers you may not like to see or here. No need to take it seriously.

Who is playing the victim. Comments were made about football (or the weird name you call it soccer) that were stupid and untrue. For one, saying that there is no athletics in football sorry soccer is complete *******s. Its crap like that that annoy me. Its not that there is a problem with Americans not liking football. I could'nt care if they do or dont. Really.
 
Old 04-11-2012, 02:57 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,235 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Enough already!

Your right Pete. Back to the PL thread to fight about Liverpool and Man Utd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top