U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 03:55 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,949,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Who is playing the victim. Comments were made about football (or the weird name you call it soccer) that were stupid and untrue. For one, saying that there is no athletics in football sorry soccer is complete *******s. Its crap like that that annoy me. Its not that there is a problem with Americans not liking football. I could'nt care if they do or dont. Really.
Dude. If you're such a huge fan of your football, at least you should learn the history of the game. The word 'soccer' is actually an English invention, not an American one. We just happened to preserve it, which means we're more faithful to British athletic heritage than you in this one regard.

Here's an article for your review: The Origin of the Word. You're welcome.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:27 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,315,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Dude. If you're such a huge fan of your football, at least you should learn the history of the game. The word 'soccer' is actually an English invention, not an American one. We just happened to preserve it, which means we're more faithful to British athletic heritage than you in this one regard.

Here's an article for your review: The Origin of the Word. You're welcome.

I already read it DUDE. I never said it was not called soccer. I just call it football like most people in the UK and Europe. Why do you call St Paddy's Day St Patty's Day when its St Paddy's Day.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
yea, that's exactly what i said smh.

and you care enough to quote me and talk about "marvel wynn" from the MLS. yea you don't care at all right?

more typing that's not disproving what i post, good job smart guy lol

Get a life. Fact is America is missing out. You can have all your athletes because I dont care. Football is the biggest sport in the world bigger then all your American football and baseball. Fact. End of. Bye bye sweetheart.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:58 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,904,015 times
"you can have all your athletes because i dont care"

lol. you're a funny guy JD47. thank you for not being dumb and arguing that the 5'6 145 pound magic elf messi is a better athlete than lebron james. have a lovely day.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I already read it DUDE. I never said it was not called soccer. I just call it football like most people in the UK and Europe. Why do you call St Paddy's Day St Patty's Day when its St Paddy's Day.
You said it was weird. I just pointed out that the word is a British derivation, not an American one. And, as if this had squat to do with this incredibly stupid argument, we call it St. Patrick's Day where I live.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Get a life. Fact is America is missing out. You can have all your athletes because I dont care. Football is the biggest sport in the world bigger then all your American football and baseball. Fact. End of. Bye bye sweetheart.
We're supposed to care about because people in third-world backwaters such as Ghana and Surinam like it? That's a lame argument. Now you're reaching.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
You said it was weird. I just pointed out that the word is a British derivation, not an American one. And, as if this had squat to do with this incredibly stupid argument, we call it St. Patrick's Day where I live.
So what if I called it weird. I think it is weird thats why I dont say it. If you have a problem with that then get over it.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
"you can have all your athletes because i dont care"

lol. you're a funny guy JD47. thank you for not being dumb and arguing that the 5'6 145 pound magic elf messi is a better athlete than lebron james. have a lovely day.

There is nothing dumb about it. What is the definition of an athlete. I know and Messi certainly qualifies as an athlete so do I think Messi is a better athlete then Lebron James. Eh there is no answer to that question as they are both in different sports altoghether. Have a good day

Old 04-11-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
We're supposed to care about because people in third-world backwaters such as Ghana and Surinam like it? That's a lame argument. Now you're reaching.
Nope because people all over the world like it and whenever the world cup comes around nations feel united with other nations because of it but you guys dont feel that way so your missing out. The big problem is that we dont slate your sports the way you do football. You clearly do care if you are always going on about how much of a non mans game it is and how crap it is and how boring it is. I have one question. How many football matches have you watched in your life.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:11 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,389,927 times
Locked for mod review.

This is out of hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.