Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:56 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times

Advertisements

Woo-hoo! Bradley's Tenure as Head Coach of U.S. Men's National Team Ends - U.S. Soccer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 01:18 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Sunil still thinks he knows more about soccer than Klinsmann. One battle has been won but the war still rages. Until Sunil is gone...we got nothing.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Oh snap, if they can get Klinnsman, or another great coach who is not just a tourist towards American soccer, this is a good move.

His teams did have alot of bad luck I thought, particularly in South Africa. And I think he was scapegoated by many. The talent base is still quite mediocre on the biggest stage (perhaps top 30).

We still need the elite athletes going into soccer rather than football or basketball (or video games)... maybe it's already happening and we have some great 10 year olds out there!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:26 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times
i think they should go in for walter smith, carlo ancelotti or frank rijkaard

Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
i think they should go in for walter smith, carlo ancelotti or frank rijkaard
At first I was thinking we'd get an MLS coach (Kinnear or Nowak) since the head of US Soccer is an imbecile and burned some bridges. But it's sounding like it's going to be Klinsmann after all. At least that's what Grant Wahl seems to hint towards on his Twitter page.

Walter Smith has never been mentioned nor did he even enter my mind. He might not be a bad choice. Why did he step down from Rangers?

Old 07-29-2011, 05:15 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times
i dont think klinsmann is good enough to take on the job, he's untested at best, walter smith left rangers i think because he's not getting any younger, and club football is a daily commitment, but i think international managment would suit him and he can be tempted, he is a great manager, rangers had a poor a side that i have seen in a long time last season and celtic had a good one, but he won the title for rangers, he's in the mold of sir alex ferguson, good choice i think

Old 07-29-2011, 05:50 AM

643 posts, read 1,122,664 times
The question is. American or Foreign?

Old 07-29-2011, 06:24 AM

9 posts, read 7,852 times
I agree, about the talent coming up. I played D1 in a NJ college. I am now a coach for U10 and have an older son playing U12 the level of soccer in NJ is really good. It is beyond the basics now. Positioning and advanced skills are impressive. I suspect that it is the same everywhere. My boys club team have Dutch and English trainer which I watch closely. Luckily the club is not throwing $$ at the accent. They know their stuff. I'll hang my hope on the the current U12 - U 8 bunch.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:34 AM

9 posts, read 7,852 times
I'm thinking of relocating South, the carolina's are good I hear but I have no specifics. I am looking for good soccer programs to put the boys in. My family is heavily commited to the sport. My 11 year old plays keeper an has played at Flight one, Maps and Super Y level. My younger son (just turned 9)has played summer select and flight 4. Any suggestions out there? Where are the hot beds for soccer in the south(It has probably been posted somewhere).

Thanks!

Rob

Old 07-29-2011, 06:39 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
i dont think klinsmann is good enough to take on the job, he's untested at best
Sure he's only got 3-4 years of coaching experience, but he had the German team playing the most attractive soccer on the planet and they were almost good enough to win the 2006 World Cup.

He's married to an American, has a house in CA, so he's committed to America and understands American soccer's unique challenges. I'd take him over Mourinho and Ferguson who would probably be Capello-like flops (not that they are interested).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer