U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 AM

218 posts, read 211,085 times

Advertisements

I hate Barcelona, I hate them with a passion! But they are freaking good! Great game vs AC Milan, what a goal by Prince Boateng!

What's with Real Madrid, why are they so quiet these day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 08:17 AM

3,850 posts, read 3,979,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrock View Post
I hate Barcelona, I hate them with a passion! But they are freaking good! Great game vs AC Milan, what a goal by Prince Boateng!

What's with Real Madrid, why are they so quiet these day?
I'm with you twice socrock. I've come to hate Barcelona, maybe it's the Spain Natl team II thing, or all the most selfish guys on the pickup soccer pitch idolyzing Messi, or maybe that only one team in La Liga can threaten them at all, or whatever. Hate 'em, at least the ManUs and Chelseas have to play tough opponents often.

And the Prince Boateng goal was delicious! One of the most athletic goals (and players) you'll ever see. He was 4 feet off the ground to spear the cross, skillful pass to himself, superquick feet to get to it (while Abidal was stuck to the grass), and finally a low powershot Valdes couldn't see.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:04 AM

7,552 posts, read 16,408,342 times
I love Barca, they play some beautiful football. The only thing that ticks me off about them (but you can say it about ANY Spanish player) is they dive if you look at them. I hate Spanish football for that.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:41 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,677,224 times
So I guess this is supposed to become a thread concerning the entire Primera División then? Which I wouldn't mind, because I've always had a soft spot for Spanish football .

Except when you're a passionate fan of Real Madrid (or Chelsea), I cannot really understand why one would hate Barcelona? It's not my favorite Spanish team, but I sure as hell prefer their policy over Real Madrid one's, even if the latter are currently (and finally) taking the upper hand in the Liga again...

Old 11-28-2011, 04:27 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,115,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
So I guess this is supposed to become a thread concerning the entire Primera División then? Which I wouldn't mind, because I've always had a soft spot for Spanish football .

Except when you're a passionate fan of Real Madrid (or Chelsea), I cannot really understand why one would hate Barcelona? It's not my favorite Spanish team, but I sure as hell prefer their policy over Real Madrid one's, even if the latter are currently (and finally) taking the upper hand in the Liga again...
I agree. I really don't get it. I do hate Real Madrid, and Espanyol, but that's because I'm a Barça fan and in the middle of things (I live in Spain). It's part of the fun, so to speak. I like Arsenal, but I don't hate Tottenham or any other English club. I like Inter and Roma, but I don't hate Milan, Juventus and Lazio. I like Bayern Munich, but I've nothing against the rest of the German teams.

Besides, why anyone who loves football would hate a team that does its best to play the ball beautifully and a club that has such a strong youth training/educating policy is beyond me. But yeah, I KNOW we're far from perfect.

Regarding Real Madrid being (way *sob*) ahead in La Liga right now: yeah, after years of ridiculous press conferences full of insults and accusations, loads of money wasted and a bit of eye poking Real Madrid have been around long enough to profit from Barcelona's current lack of motivation and irregular performance.

Alves and Messi are far from being in top form at the moment, David Villa has been a disappointment (IMO) and Alexis needs more time. Cesc Fàbregas has been the man of the season so far, Xavi and Iniesta notwithstanding. But overall, our main problem is lack of motivation. The players look like their stomachs are full, so to speak. It doesn't look promising...

Nothing lasts forever, sadly!

Old 11-28-2011, 06:32 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,109,741 times
6 points behind hardly season over is it!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
6 points behind hardly season over is it!
I know, but in La Liga (where 2 teams currently stand out and all the others fight for a distant third place among them) 6 points ahead or behind between Madrid and Barcelona when we're virtually in December looks like a death sentence lol.

Since Guardiola is on the bench, we've never been that "far" behind. The last time was also Rijkaard's last season. No happy memories...

Besides, while Barcelona players don't look nearly as ambitious anymore, Real Madrid is extra motivated. They really need to be champions.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,109,741 times
It's only a 2 game swing, it is still wide open. But Real do look good I hope they do win La Liga.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:46 PM

205 posts, read 478,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Regarding Real Madrid being (way *sob*) ahead in La Liga right now: yeah, after years of ridiculous press conferences full of insults and accusations, loads of money wasted and a bit of eye poking Real Madrid have been around long enough to profit from Barcelona's current lack of motivation and irregular performance.
Real Madrid millions of €

Sahin 10
Callejon 10
Varane 10
Coentrao 30
Dimaria 25
P.leon 10
Canales 9
Ozil 15
Carvalho 8
kedhira 12
C.ronaldo 96
kaka 67
Benzema 35
Albiol 15
Alonso 30
Arbeloa 5
Granero 4

Total 391 millions of €

Barcelona

Ibrahimovic 69,5
Chygrynskiy 25
Cáceres 16,5
Hleb 16
Henrique 8
Villa 40
Dani Alves 34,5
Mascherano 23
Keita 14
Adriano 9,5
Piqué 5
Maxwell 4,5
Cesc 40
alexis 27
Keirrison 14

Total 346,5 millions of €

At the end you believe your own lies

Barcelona Hollywood Cheaters - YouTube

Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempranillo View Post
Real Madrid millions of €

Sahin 10
Callejon 10
Varane 10
Coentrao 30
Dimaria 25
P.leon 10
Canales 9
Ozil 15
Carvalho 8
kedhira 12
C.ronaldo 96
kaka 67
Benzema 35
Albiol 15
Alonso 30
Arbeloa 5
Granero 4

Total 391 millions of €

Barcelona

Ibrahimovic 69,5
Chygrynskiy 25
Cáceres 16,5
Hleb 16
Henrique 8
Villa 40
Dani Alves 34,5
Mascherano 23
Keita 14
Adriano 9,5
Piqué 5
Maxwell 4,5
Cesc 40
alexis 27
Keirrison 14

Total 346,5 millions of €

At the end you believe your own lies

Barcelona Hollywood Cheaters - YouTube
I was going to link to several videos where Marcelo's, Pepe's and Mourinho's exploits were paid tribute to, but let's not. Also, too many press conferences where your classy Mourinho insulted Spanish refs, managers and players, and cried and wept that it was all so unfair, and all the professionals in our League that gave their opinions.

What about countless insufferable games where tactics were limited to (often violent) tackles and counter-attacks.

And yet, you're always complaining about Busquets and Alves. I'm not a fan of their theatrics but Real Madrid mentioning that (Di Maria and CR7 anyone?) is frankly pathetic. Get a life.

Barça's canteranos (I'm only mentioning those who currently have a minimally important role and leaving out those that haven't really stood out yet): Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Valdés, Piqué, Busquets, Thiago, Puyol, Pedro Rodríguez, Cesc, Cuenca. 11.

Madrid's canteranos: Casillas, Arbeloa, Callejón. Okay let's also mention Granero (he plays rarely and impresses even less). 4, barely.

Do you see any difference? No, I bet you don't.

Last edited by noela; 12-01-2011 at 01:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer