U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,396,020 times
Reputation: 5087

Advertisements

... and their projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
... and their projects.
Why dont you have faith in their projects. What has the FAI did to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2012, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,396,020 times
Reputation: 5087
There is a reason League of Ireland fans call them F*** All Iintelligence.
They hate the league which is obvious the way its ran. There is a "rulebook" that nobody has seen, what applies to one club does not apply to another club thats for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2012, 10:29 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
There is a reason League of Ireland fans call them F*** All Iintelligence.
They hate the league which is obvious the way its ran. There is a "rulebook" that nobody has seen, what applies to one club does not apply to another club thats for sure.
On a national level its different though. It does'nt matter what the FAI are like on a national level because I will always support Ireland through whatever and I will always keep the faith regardless of what I think of the FAI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,396,020 times
Reputation: 5087
Fair play, I will rarely support anything they do.
I would much rather see League of Ireland players than some of the overpaid "stars" we have. Least that way we would have players wanting to play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM
 
7,148 posts, read 7,978,474 times
Reputation: 4383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
If Ireland make it through the group then we will have a good chance of getting somewhere. I say a semi-final. We play well against the big teams and I think we will pull an upset against Spain. Beat Croatia, draw against Spain and beat Italy and we will go through. A quarter final against England and we can beat them. Then a semi-final against Netherlands and we could go to penalties and win it. Highly unlikely but it could happen because this is football.

if we got third in our group and didnt get slaughtered by the two top teams in our group , id be happy , we simply dont have the players to compete at this level , fantasy predictions only result in disapointment when they are not realised
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
if we got third in our group and didnt get slaughtered by the two top teams in our group , id be happy , we simply dont have the players to compete at this level , fantasy predictions only result in disapointment when they are not realised
We can beat Italy and Croatia. Thats all we need to make it through. We were 2-1 up against Italy in the 87th minute in the world cup qualifier so they can beaten. Croatia can be beaten to so that just leaves Spain who lost to Switzerland in the world cup group stages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 03:29 PM
 
7,148 posts, read 7,978,474 times
Reputation: 4383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
We can beat Italy and Croatia. Thats all we need to make it through. We were 2-1 up against Italy in the 87th minute in the world cup qualifier so they can beaten. Croatia can be beaten to so that just leaves Spain who lost to Switzerland in the world cup group stages.
theoretically , any team could beat any other team in the four groups but the liklihood is something different , we got lucky by drawing estonia in the play offs , any other team and we,d probabley be out , the last ten years has been the weakest period in international football for ireland in more than thirty

trap has a knack for grinding out results playing mind numbing football but thats no good when you need to win at finals , we,ve no one creative in midfield and no one to hoof a long ball to upfront like quinn in the old days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2012, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,396,020 times
Reputation: 5087
Creativity is frowned upon in the Ireland squad, thats why Hoolahan has not been picked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,513 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
theoretically , any team could beat any other team in the four groups but the liklihood is something different , we got lucky by drawing estonia in the play offs , any other team and we,d probabley be out , the last ten years has been the weakest period in international football for ireland in more than thirty

trap has a knack for grinding out results playing mind numbing football but thats no good when you need to win at finals , we,ve no one creative in midfield and no one to hoof a long ball to upfront like quinn in the old days
Trap is a results man so thats why I think we will get something out of the group. We are not going to win the whole thing but a man can dream cant he. I would rather win the Euros then play great exciting football if I am totally honest. What about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top