U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 03:18 PM

921 posts, read 909,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Ok? They are two of the best central midfielders out there!

Hazard supports RAA Louvieroise and Manchester United BTW.
Well, then he will join Man Utd! Woohoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 03:44 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,270,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
There is a huge gap in what both clubs can offer. Man Utd could offer him 150k and then City can offer him 250k. They have limitless amounts of money.
You realize there is an agent involved right? It's not a matter of one club making an offer then if the 2nd club makes a higher offer they get them. The agent will go back and forth until the best deal by all teams are offered.

Again, the salary is just the beginning, you have to consider terms such as length, raises, goal bonuses, appearance bonuses, end of season position bonuses, bonuses after x # of games.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:50 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
You realize there is an agent involved right? It's not a matter of one club making an offer then if the 2nd club makes a higher offer they get them. The agent will go back and forth until the best deal by all teams are offered.

Again, the salary is just the beginning, you have to consider terms such as length, raises, goal bonuses, appearance bonuses, end of season position bonuses, bonuses after x # of games.

The agents are the problem. They wont want the best deal for the club, they want the best deal for themselves because the more they sell him for the more money the ageng gets so I dont really see what your point is because if one team makes a bigger offer then they are most likely to get him. As I said before the salary is the biggest thing to a player in the world today and its a sad thing really but its still true and what makes you think Man City will be behind Man Utd next year. Man City are just going to get better and better next year. They will learn from their mistakes.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:06 AM

Agents fee is another part of the negotiable offer, they ask for their fixed fee as part of their original offer, I'm pretty sure all the big clubs know this though.

Can you give proof on your statement 'the salary is the biggest thing to a player in the world today'?

Old 04-13-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Agents fee is another part of the negotiable offer, they ask for their fixed fee as part of their original offer, I'm pretty sure all the big clubs know this though.

Can you give proof on your statement 'the salary is the biggest thing to a player in the world today'?
Of course I can name you players that went to a club for money but the only thing is that it cant be proven but you know its true. Its basicly like that. Barry going to Man City is a perfect example. It was between Liverpool and Man City for his signature and Man City got him because they were offering more money. Mata at Chelsea. They offered the most money so he took it. Come on. You know damn well that it is all about the money to footballers in the world today.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:29 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,088,512 times
Spoiler
I would go where the money is also.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:29 PM

I wouldn't. Especially when I was that young and had the chance to play at OT every week

Old 04-13-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't. Especially when I was that young and had the chance to play at OT every week
Yes but then again you have not got the offer offered to you have you. People say they would not take that money but really. If it was there on the table and offered to you would you not take it.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:07 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,088,512 times
I would rather have more money and be able to make me, my family and friends live comfortably. Anyway the only team I am loyal to is Dundee FC and although I would love to play for them I would earn about 400 pounds a week, if Man City or any big team came in offering me a wage of 100,000 pounds a week I would be off like a shot!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I would be off like a shot!
You mean you would be off like a Scot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer