U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Why am I supposed to be jealous? 19 titles, numerous FA and league cups, 3 CL.....

We almost won the title John, City were lucky to have won it.

Expect to see Man Utd fight for the title again this season.
Whenever there was a rich daddy club involved Man Utd was there to fight them. First Chelsea, then City, now both of them.
Where is your beloved club to put on a fight, huh? Still lives in 70's, aren't you?
Back at you Pete. We have won loads of trophies too. I am delighted at our history. My club is going through a rough patch the same way your club went through a rough patch. We will be back and no I am not living n the past. I can tell you that now. We have not been good enough the last few years but that does not mean it will always be like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 04:06 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,271,484 times
I think John forgot it came down to goal difference to decide who won.

Also, 3rd place Arsenal were 17 points behind 1st & 2nd

Chelsea were 22 points off the mark

Liverpool were a staggering 34 points behind

To say United were, or are not contenders is just a stupid comment to make.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:51 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,425,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post

John's old can you blame him?

Ji Sung Park off to QPR for 5m...good bit of business and also a good signing for QPR, he's a bit slower but still quick, skillful, and tenacious.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,389,655 times
Hey man John plays for the Liverpool youths, show some respect.

Goal difference last season, but they have your resources x20 when it comes to players and I doubt itll be that close this season.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:

It doesn't matter if it was goal difference. Man City still won the league and Chelsea are going to spend big this summer. They have already signed the best young talent in Europe. They beat Man Utd to it which like it or not was a major blow to Man Utd. Same with Man City. Teams like Man Utd and Liverpool cant spend the money the likes of Chelsea and Man City spend. Its just something you will have to get used to. I certainly have.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:13 AM

Gaston Ramirez is going to Liverpool. This lad is class. Young 21 year old winger who can play in CAM. €20 million is believed to be the price.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 AM

City and Chelsea will have problems in the future, especially if a player falls from grace and they want to get rid of him. Just look at Tevez, no other team wanted to pay the transfer fee or wage demands, now City have to keep him.

There is talk of offloading some of their once "star" players, but as John said a couple of months ago, all players are motivated by money. Not many clubs are willing to pay the wages City pays, therefore the player has no motivation to take a reduced wage to go somewhere else, especially in England where the taxes are so high.

When FFP kicks in, it will be United and Liverpool who benefit since they are the biggest earning clubs in England. I know I'm not a Liverpool fan, but they do have the next best selling shirt after United!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Goal difference last season, but they have your resources x20 when it comes to players and I doubt itll be that close this season.
They don't really. They are operating at a loss, not sure when FFP kicks in but that will stop their buying pretty quick.

United have a huge revenue source, but Fergie doesn't believe in overpaying for players. If you look at the whole league every club except City and Chelsea show restraint when buying.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
City and Chelsea will have problems in the future, especially if a player falls from grace and they want to get rid of him. Just look at Tevez, no other team wanted to pay the transfer fee or wage demands, now City have to keep him.

There is talk of offloading some of their once "star" players, but as John said a couple of months ago, all players are motivated by money. Not many clubs are willing to pay the wages City pays, therefore the player has no motivation to take a reduced wage to go somewhere else, especially in England where the taxes are so high.

When FFP kicks in, it will be United and Liverpool who benefit since they are the biggest earning clubs in England. I know I'm not a Liverpool fan, but they do have the next best selling shirt after United!
Man City wont hit that problem for years. Chelsea maybe sooner. Its funny to think that Man City actually have a wage limit for certain players, Hazard for example. Chelsea offered him 170k but Man City would not give him that much so he went to Chelsea.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:31 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,540,599 times
LOL:

ESPN Soccernet - On the Move - AC Milan in the market for... Andy Carroll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer