U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-02-2012, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,451 posts, read 1,428,484 times
Reputation: 648

Advertisements

lol; i was joking because some fans are very fickle...u dont score one game ur crap, you score one goal out of the blue and your "quality" and the next Ronaldo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-07-2012, 02:19 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,310,031 times
Reputation: 288
Suarez signs a new contact. Delighted for him. Well done Luis. YNWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,451 posts, read 1,428,484 times
Reputation: 648
Don't know why so much hate for Suarez, i have much more hate for that POS tevez. Suarez said something he shouldn't have but don't we all once in a while - especially since evra was probably frustrating him? let's be honest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,310,031 times
Reputation: 288
The problem I have with the whole thing is that everyone is saying that they want to kick racism out of the game and to put a line under this Suarez/Evra thing but then they go out and boo Suarez everyweek and chant racist bastard. Now thats not getting over something. Thats trying to refuel the whole thing. Its hypocrisy if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Florida
1,748 posts, read 1,659,642 times
Reputation: 1774
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
The problem I have with the whole thing is that everyone is saying that they want to kick racism out of the game and to put a line under this Suarez/Evra thing but then they go out and boo Suarez everyweek and chant racist bastard. Now thats not getting over something. Thats trying to refuel the whole thing. Its hypocrisy if you ask me.
I agree. Plus, such a big deal was made out of the Suarez/Evra situation, yet players are still getting racially abused in basically every national team game, even in the Olympics, yet those aren't getting the publicity.

I'm not a Liverpool fan by any means, and I support Man Utd, but I feel for Suarez. He may, or may not, have said something to Evra during the heat of the game and now has to deal with all the negative publicity that comes along with it for the rest of his career. I don't fault him for the situation. He paid his "fine" for the action and served his punishment, it's over. I'm more upset with him because he always seems to score important goals for Liverpool when they play Man Utd.

On the transfer front, it looks like Man Utd could have the Van Persie signing wrapped up today or tomorrow. I think it'll be an excellent signing and will allow Rooney to roam more freely. I wouldn't be upset if they moved Rooney into a more attacking midfield role and played Van Persie and either Hernandez or Welbeck up front. Let Rooney be the midfield maestro that we have been looking for for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 08:52 AM
 
Location: London, UK
3,458 posts, read 4,017,628 times
Reputation: 2662
Chelsea seem to be closing in on Cesar Azpilicueta from Marseille. Much needed addition since the loss of Bosingwa. An attacking Right Back is needed to balance out Ivanovic who is defensive minded first and foremost. Plus I think Ivanovic will play alot of Center Back this season with JT past his prime.

Even more exciting though is the move for Victor Moses from Wigan. I love his game and he is only going to get better. With Di Matteo seemingly committed to a 4-2-3-1 formation, he would be a perfect fit to back up Torres at CF. Even though Moses has played mainly on the Left Wing and secondary striker, most experts think he would be a perfect fit at CF in this formation. I also think Sturridge will get a good amount of time at CF moving from the wing. Even though he had some difficulties at times playing that position during the Olympics. May have been due to a lack of service though....which will not be a problem at Chelsea with Hazard, Mata and Marin playing behind him.

Last edited by edwardsyzzurphands; 08-08-2012 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,310,031 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I agree. Plus, such a big deal was made out of the Suarez/Evra situation, yet players are still getting racially abused in basically every national team game, even in the Olympics, yet those aren't getting the publicity.

I'm not a Liverpool fan by any means, and I support Man Utd, but I feel for Suarez. He may, or may not, have said something to Evra during the heat of the game and now has to deal with all the negative publicity that comes along with it for the rest of his career. I don't fault him for the situation. He paid his "fine" for the action and served his punishment, it's over. I'm more upset with him because he always seems to score important goals for Liverpool when they play Man Utd.

On the transfer front, it looks like Man Utd could have the Van Persie signing wrapped up today or tomorrow. I think it'll be an excellent signing and will allow Rooney to roam more freely. I wouldn't be upset if they moved Rooney into a more attacking midfield role and played Van Persie and either Hernandez or Welbeck up front. Let Rooney be the midfield maestro that we have been looking for for years.
Finally a civil comment about this whole thing. I am not saying Suarez did anything but if he did say what the FA says he said, he has done his punishment.

P.s I dont agree with you on the RVP thing though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,406,753 times
Reputation: 5092
He said he said it so how can you say you're not saying he did it :|

He got a harsh punishment and served his time, it was absolutely stupid of him not to shake the guys hand and quash it all but its all in the past and will hopefully stay there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Florida
1,748 posts, read 1,659,642 times
Reputation: 1774
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Finally a civil comment about this whole thing. I am not saying Suarez did anything but if he did say what the FA says he said, he has done his punishment.

P.s I dont agree with you on the RVP thing though
Exactly. He did his crime and paid his time. It's a lot like the Michael Vick case in the NFL here in the US. There are tons of people that continue to villify him for what he did. Yes, what he did was atrocious, but he served his punishment and has been nothing but an upstanding person since. Why continue to hold his past over him.

I'm sure Suarez isn't the only player to say something racist or vile during a game, he just got caught. Trash talk is part of the game, and I'm positive that it doesn't all remain PG rated during everygame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2012, 10:32 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,310,031 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
He said he said it so how can you say you're not saying he did it :|

He got a harsh punishment and served his time, it was absolutely stupid of him not to shake the guys hand and quash it all but its all in the past and will hopefully stay there.
Thats not what the problem is at all. The problem is that the FA said he said a certain word multiple times while Suarez states he said it once and in a different meaning to what Evra accused him of saying. Therfore he states that Evra lied and he feels he was treated unfairly by the FA. I understand why he didn't shake his hand. Would you shake hands with someone you think lied and got you in trouble and has caused you so much abuse? I know I wouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top