U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 01:21 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,110 times

Advertisements

I really dont rate RVP as high as the rest of the world. He has had only one season like last season and that was last season. If he does it again, then fair enough but I doubt he will. 17 million is a price I would pay though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 01:31 PM

921 posts, read 909,185 times
Why in the world will Man Utd pay $30mil plus for Moura?
He is a winger and Man Utd don't need another one.
He is not proven and we all know how young unproven brazilians ended up in PL...average or totally failed. So I am Ok with not signing him. Not for these crazy amount of $$$.
But, if Man Utd can get RVP than that's the signing I want to see.
Somebody said he only had one good season??? Excuse me?!
RVP has been great for years now, last year he scored the most, thats it, but he is one of the best EPL players for last few seasons.
If they can Modric, or Goetze, or Schweinsteiger or a player of this type they will be serious to win EPL and maybe CL.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 PM

Lucas Moura is not like Anderson. Lucas Moura is a very good player and will set Europe alight. He is the best thing to come out of Brazil in my eyes. I think he is better then Neymar.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:38 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,424,281 times
I agree with Pete. We don't need another winger (especially at what PSG are paying) when we've got the likes of Valencia, Nani, now Kagawa, and Young, etc. We need a box to box mid that can primarily move the ball around well and defend so that we aren't getting run over and losing possession in the middle of the park. I'd love Schweinsteiger or Modric but it's not happening. Hopefully Anderson can break out this year.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:03 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,085,866 times
Robin van Persie is the deadliest stricker out there. Rooney and Kagawa threading the balls through and RVP making runs will produce a s*** load of goals

Old 08-08-2012, 03:13 PM

921 posts, read 909,185 times
And Man Utd are in desparate need of a deadly striker.
They can't even score the penalties anymore. Anyone watched Man Utd - Barca game just now?

And John, RVP is not good enough and Moura will light Europe, huh?
If RVP was to join Liverpool he would've been the best striker in the world ever, right?!

Old 08-08-2012, 03:16 PM

7,549 posts, read 16,381,882 times
That all depends on what position John plays for Liverpool, Pete. =)

Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,269,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
If RVP was to join Liverpool he would've been the best striker in the world ever, right?!
Don't be silly Pete, everyone knows Suarez is the best striker in the world

Old 08-09-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
And John, RVP is not good enough and Moura will light Europe, huh?
Nah Pete. What I said was that he is not the best striker in th world because he did it once. He needs to do it again if he wants that title. The wages Man Utd are offering is stupid money. If things dont go well then you will have a player who is on 225,000 a week and not performing to what he was at Arsenal. I just dont think he is as great as everyone thinks he is. He wasn't even the best striker in Europe last season. Gomes of Bayern was.

Oh and dont give me any of that about him being great if he joined Liverpool. If Lucas Moura had joined Man Utd, you would be saying he is a class act and a great signing but now that he is going to PSG its back to he is unproven and not worth it. The same was said of Hazard. Man Utd fans thought they had him in the bag and were calling him one of the greatest talents out there and that they would pay anything to sign him but now that he went to Chelsea he is overated and unproven and way to much, right?

Old 08-09-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
Don't be silly Pete, everyone knows Suarez is the best striker in the world
No he is not at all but he is better then you put him out to be. But I am not going to waist my time with this because you are to biased to admit anything good when it comes to Liverpool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer