U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-09-2012, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Florida
1,748 posts, read 1,656,346 times
Reputation: 1774

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
I agree with Pete. We don't need another winger (especially at what PSG are paying) when we've got the likes of Valencia, Nani, now Kagawa, and Young, etc. We need a box to box mid that can primarily move the ball around well and defend so that we aren't getting run over and losing possession in the middle of the park. I'd love Schweinsteiger or Modric but it's not happening. Hopefully Anderson can break out this year.
I'm sick of Anderson. 5 seasons at Man Utd under his belt now and I haven't seen an ounce of talent from him so far. I'm guessing that if we sign RVP, that'll be our last signing on the window and we'll proceed into the season with Kagawa, Scholes, Giggs, and Carrick in midfield. Hopefully with Rooney dropping back as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,920 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Nah Pete. What I said was that he is not the best striker in th world because he did it once. He needs to do it again if he wants that title. The wages Man Utd are offering is stupid money. If things dont go well then you will have a player who is on 225,000 a week and not performing to what he was at Arsenal. I just dont think he is as great as everyone thinks he is. He wasn't even the best striker in Europe last season. Gomes of Bayern was.

Oh and dont give me any of that about him being great if he joined Liverpool. If Lucas Moura had joined Man Utd, you would be saying he is a class act and a great signing but now that he is going to PSG its back to he is unproven and not worth it. The same was said of Hazard. Man Utd fans thought they had him in the bag and were calling him one of the greatest talents out there and that they would pay anything to sign him but now that he went to Chelsea he is overated and unproven and way to much, right?
No, I never said Moura was good. I only watched him on Youtube and what I saw is nothing spectacular, looks like Nani 2.0.
Dribbling, running at defenders and no end product. He got talent but needs work.
Who are those Man Utd fans calling Hazard great talent only to now say he is overated? I didn't said he is great, but yes he is overpaid.
And if you think RVP is not a great player than you really are having problem John.
It is not only one year, it is year after year he performs on top level and carries Arsenal on his shoulder.
I am saying this as it fact not because he may sign for Man Utd.
As a matter of fact I don't think he will sign for Utd. He just plays with Arsenal to give him more $$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,036 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
No, I never said Moura was good. I only watched him on Youtube and what I saw is nothing spectacular, looks like Nani 2.0.
Dribbling, running at defenders and no end product. He got talent but needs work.
Who are those Man Utd fans calling Hazard great talent only to now say he is overated? I didn't said he is great, but yes he is overpaid.
And if you think RVP is not a great player than you really are having problem John.
It is not only one year, it is year after year he performs on top level and carries Arsenal on his shoulder.
I am saying this as it fact not because he may sign for Man Utd.
As a matter of fact I don't think he will sign for Utd. He just plays with Arsenal to give him more $$$.
I am not talking about you. I am talking about Man Utd fans everywhere. Lucas is a great player and he will do well in France. Hazard is a great player and will be great in the PL. He is to good not to do well. I also never said that RVP was not a good player. All I said was that I think he is a bit overated. I think for him to be called the worlds best striker, he has to do it next year to. Oh and he is not at Arsenal for the money. He loves the club. Thats why I dont think he will go to Man Utd. Out of respect for Arsenal. He will go to Juventus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Florida
1,748 posts, read 1,656,346 times
Reputation: 1774
I, for one, have no problem saying that I think both Lucas and Hazard are world class and will do amazing for their new clubs. I'm also quite mad that Man Utd didn't get them. I'm sure Hazard is going to make us pay for that.

I also think that Oscar is going to be great, and I wish we would have signed him as well.

I'm a Man Utd fan through and through, but I have no problem admitting that there are tons of players out there, especially on rival teams, that are amazing and I wish we had them.

I'll be sad if we don't get RVP, but the more it's playing out the less likely it seems we're going to get him. He'd be a great addition, he's a player I've admired for a while. But it just doesn't look like it's going to happen. He'll probably wind up at PSG too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,036 times
Reputation: 288
Its a fact that Man Utd dont hold the chip in the transfer market anymore. Chelsea and Man City do. Man Utd cannot compete with them in the market. Anything they offer, Chelsea and Man City can triple it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,920 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Oh and he is not at Arsenal for the money. He loves the club. Thats why I dont think he will go to Man Utd. Out of respect for Arsenal. He will go to Juventus.
Out of respect for Arsenal he will go to Juventus. Listen to yourself man!
If he has respect and loves Arsenal so much, like you like to describe him, why in the world he just don't stay and continue playing for them?
It's not like somebody is trying to get rid of him.
It's a all about money for quite sometime now and we all know that.
Those days when players played for the club out of respect and love are gone now.
He will end up to the highest bidder, that is for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,920 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Its a fact that Man Utd dont hold the chip in the transfer market anymore. Chelsea and Man City do. Man Utd cannot compete with them in the market. Anything they offer, Chelsea and Man City can triple it.
And cannot compete with PSG's, and Barca's, And Madrid's, and Machachkalas's money.

So, are you happy now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2012, 10:34 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,920 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I, for one, have no problem saying that I think both Lucas and Hazard are world class and will do amazing for their new clubs. I'm also quite mad that Man Utd didn't get them. I'm sure Hazard is going to make us pay for that.

I also think that Oscar is going to be great, and I wish we would have signed him as well.

I'm a Man Utd fan through and through, but I have no problem admitting that there are tons of players out there, especially on rival teams, that are amazing and I wish we had them.

I'll be sad if we don't get RVP, but the more it's playing out the less likely it seems we're going to get him. He'd be a great addition, he's a player I've admired for a while. But it just doesn't look like it's going to happen. He'll probably wind up at PSG too.
Don't worry man. Man Utd is not a club formed yesterday and don't need instant glory.
They still have a great team and they don't need to pay over the odds for these guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,036 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Out of respect for Arsenal he will go to Juventus. Listen to yourself man!
If he has respect and loves Arsenal so much, like you like to describe him, why in the world he just don't stay and continue playing for them?
It's not like somebody is trying to get rid of him.
It's a all about money for quite sometime now and we all know that.
Those days when players played for the club out of respect and love are gone now.
He will end up to the highest bidder, that is for sure.
You can love a club and leave. RVP would go to Juventus out of respect for Arsenal. They are not competing rivals. Juve play in Italy and Arsenal play in England. Arsenal wont sell to Man Utd who are their rivals and competition. He gave Arsenal 8 years and they haven't given him anything. He is 28 and getting older so now is the time to win trophies. He is leaving Arsenal to win trophies, not to get more money. He will go to Juventus or PSG. Their projects are really exciting. PSG and Juventus will be big contenders for the CL this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2012, 10:46 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,036 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Don't worry man. Man Utd is not a club formed yesterday and don't need instant glory.
They still have a great team and they don't need to pay over the odds for these guys.
You clearly dont understand. It doesn't matter if you are a great team and have a lot of history. At the end of the day, you cant compete with the likes of Man City and Chelsea end of. Liverpool cant either. No one can. They are filthy rich and can buy anyone they like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top