U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,540,051 times

Advertisements

Podolski will do well at Arsenal. Of all of the top 6 teams, I think that Arsenal & Man United will be the most active in the transfer market:

Littbarski: Podolski will be successful at Arsenal - Goal.com

Newcastle have money to invest too. If they qualify for the CL, they should be in a good position to attract big names, with Gylfi Sigurdsson being a known potential target:

Gylfi Sigurdsson a transfer target for Newcastle | The Sun |Sport|Football

The man has been sensational on loan at Swansea and Newcastle could easily afford Hoffenheim's £8 million asking price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 07:35 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,674,044 times
Rumours concerning some Belgian players:

- Eden Hazard to ManU
- Axel Witsel to Real Madrid
- Jan Vertonghen to Tottenham
- Dries Mertens to Bayern München
- Radja Naingolan to Juventus or AC Milan
- thibault Courtois to Real Madrid

Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 AM

10,422 posts, read 12,416,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Rumours concerning some Belgian players:

- Eden Hazard to ManU
- Axel Witsel to Real Madrid
- Jan Vertonghen to Tottenham
- Dries Mertens to Bayern München
- Radja Naingolan to Juventus or AC Milan
- thibault Courtois to Real Madrid
I want Hazard at Arsenal but knowing how cheap Wenger is, he will probably end up in Manchester.

Witsel and Courtois shouldn't go to Real to sit on the bench.

Vertonghen at Tottenham would be nice but i rather see him teaming up with Vermaelen again.

Mertens is not ready yet for a team like Bayern, already have Ribery and Robben anyway.
Would be better for him to stay another year at PSV and go to Valencia/Atletico/Dortmund/Schalke/PSG/Marseille.
Don't think he's the type of player that would be successful in the Serie A/Premier League.

Never seen Nainggolan play, how good is he?

Old 05-05-2012, 10:07 AM

5,663 posts, read 4,374,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Fletcher is a good striker, he deserves a better team than Wolverhampton. Wish he would make up with the Scotland manager so we can use him again!
I think Sunderland or Everton could be good places for him. He certainly wont be at Wolves next season. Wouldn't be too surprised to see him at Stoke or WBA either.

On another note i wonder what managers could be changing for the start of the season and a couple more by Christmas isn't a surprise anymore.

Villa for a new boss anyone and who's going to be at WBA i wonder..

Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,540,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I think Sunderland or Everton could be good places for him. He certainly wont be at Wolves next season. Wouldn't be too surprised to see him at Stoke or WBA either.

On another note i wonder what managers could be changing for the start of the season and a couple more by Christmas isn't a surprise anymore.

Villa for a new boss anyone and who's going to be at WBA i wonder..
Fletcher would be a decent investment for Sunderland. They need to replace Bendtner away who will most likely not have his loan extended. Fletcher will get far better service from players like Larsson & Sessegnon.

Everton is another option. A Jelavic/Fletcher partnership would definitely net plenty of goals and would propel Everton into top 6 contenders.

Also likely to be leaving Wolves will be Matt Jarvis. I could see him succeeding at Everton too - £12 million for a double swoop would sound about right. Wolves still have Hammill to rely on and Milijas, who would be decent enough players to help them bounce back up.

Villa will once again change managers, no doubt. They should have kept with Martin O'Neill, IMO. They go through far too many managers and never seem to find consistency and stability.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:47 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,091,062 times
I like Vertonghen he would be a great capture for Spurs.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:50 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,425,304 times
Hazard..meh.. Sell Nani and get Bale.

While i'm at it, here's our send out list: Owen, Nani, Anderson (grudgingly), Smalling, Park

Old 05-09-2012, 04:34 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Mertens is not ready yet for a team like Bayern, already have Ribery and Robben anyway.
Would be better for him to stay another year at PSV and go to Valencia/Atletico/Dortmund/Schalke/PSG/Marseille.
Don't think he's the type of player that would be successful in the Serie A/Premier League.

Never seen Nainggolan play, how good is he?
The few times I've seen him play, he did well, although I did not consider him all that special. Just good. He's a central midfielder.

Agree about Mertens, I would prefer to see him play in Spain or France or maybe Portugal.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:42 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,091,062 times
Drogba to Real Madrid maybe.

Real Madrid to Make Didier Drogba Offer: Jose Mourinho Ready to Hand Chelsea Striker Two Year Contract | CaughtOffside

Old 05-29-2012, 05:52 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,720 times
There are so many transfer rumours going around all the time so I think we should try update a bunch of stories going around if thats alright with you Paul. I cant really explain what I mean but I will try show you guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer