U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,977,674 times

Advertisements

So now Arsenal has made a feeble low-ball offer for Cabaye, the coveted French full-service midfielder on Newcastle.

Watching Arsenal lose to Villa, they were constantly in need of a strong defensive midfielder, yet they are clueless on acquiring one. Then you look at Tottenham, and they have 4 players (and counting) that would be of desperate use for the Gunners (Sandro, Capoue, Dembele, Paulinho). Hell, the departed Scott Parker, even Jake Livermore would help Arsenal!

Arsene, what is your mental block on buying and playing a holding destroyer in midfield? With apologies to Alex Song, Arsenal has never stopped missing Patrick Viera who left in 2005!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 07:55 AM

10,433 posts, read 12,442,474 times
Arsenal should go after Keisuke Honda and Mamadou Sakho.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:32 PM

782 posts, read 937,313 times
Hell no, I wouldn't touch Honda. I would like Sahko though, certainly more than Williams who we have been linked with. Probably more than Richards who we also have been linked with.

There are also rumors that we are in strong for Benzema and Di Maria. At this point I have lost hope in our negotiators and Wenger though so I am not holding my breath at all.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
Hell no, I wouldn't touch Honda.
Why not?, he's the best Asian pro football player around since 2010, the shirt sale alone will already pay back the transfer money, just how Wenger likes it.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Why not?, he's the best Asian pro football player around since 2010, the shirt sale alone will already pay back the transfer money, just how Wenger likes it.
Because he is overated, not any better than what we have, and not worth the fee.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Because he is overated, not any better than what we have, and not worth the fee.
How is he overrated? Who rates him?
His contract expires December 31st this year so i think 4 million euro will already be enough to pick him up in Moscow.

Oxlade-Chamberlain and Arteta are out for the next 2 months.
Vermaelen is expected to be back next month and Diaby in the end of December.

Best possible 18 man selection right now imo...

Giroud
Podolski - Cazorla - Walcott
Ramsey - Wilshere
Gibbs - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Sagna
Szczesny

Bench: Sanogo, Miyaichi, Rosicky, Frimpong, Monreal, Jenkinson, Fabianski

Honda is a better football player than Podolski and Ramsey.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Honda is a better football player than Podolski and Ramsey.
Ramsey p1sses all over Honda, Poldi plays a completely different position frankly.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Ramsey p1sses all over Honda, Poldi plays a completely different position frankly.
Honda is very versatile and can play anywhere on the side of the opponent.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Honda is very versatile and can play anywhere on the side of the opponent.
I understand that, but he is still not a Poldi. Poldi is a striker/forward who can (somewhat) be deployed as a LW. Honda is a midfielder versatile enough to play anywhere from central mid to an attacking wing. They are completely different players.

I don't think Honda is a terrible player. But he is no better than Ramsey/Wilshere/Santi - actually he is inferior to them. He can't really play as a dm, which is the one central mid option that we really need. So there is no need for him.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 AM

Quote:
I don't think Honda is a terrible player. But he is no better than Ramsey/Wilshere/Santi - actually he is inferior to them. He can't really play as a dm, which is the one central mid option that we really need. So there is no need for him.
Well the absolute top players (say top 50) in the world want money and cups,
We all know Wenger is cheap (likes the underdog position) plus they haven't finished in the top 2 for 8 years straight so say goodbye to your top players.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer