U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:28 PM

5,426 posts, read 6,396,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Wasn't Cazorla bought for that? And Cazorla ain't now slouch, he has what, 50-60 caps for Spain? One of the best fantasistas in the world.

2 central mids, Walcott and Podolski on the wings, Giroud up top, tell me who is dropping to the bench -- Cazorla or Ozil?
Arsenal need to get rid of Cazorla. Diving midgit ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 12:42 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,405 times
Good window for Liverpool I think. We are absolutely sound at the back now. 9 defenders now. Looking good up front to. Midfield needs a beast. Will be bad if Lucas gets injured. Hendo has been a beast so far. Think we'll be a threat this year.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:58 PM

4,148 posts, read 3,158,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Good window for Liverpool I think. We are absolutely sound at the back now. 9 defenders now. Looking good up front to. Midfield needs a beast. Will be bad if Lucas gets injured. Hendo has been a beast so far. Think we'll be a threat this year.
If Lucas goes out, Ray Allen will come in. I never thought Skrtel was bad. I actually like him. He played well against ManU, no?

Liverpool does not make any sense to me -- a traditional English Club that wants to play like Barcelona with a Northern Irish Manager.

If not like Barca, what is Liverpool supposed to play like? Very confusing..

I get Chelsea, I get ManU, even ManCity, or Arsenal, but I do not know what is Liverpool's identity supposed to be under Rogers.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:44 AM

921 posts, read 909,397 times
Cheer up infinite, Man Utd just signed Nani for 5 more yrs
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/five-ma...2604--sow.html

Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,544,905 times
I see Paul Scholes coming out of retirement for the second time.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
I see Paul Scholes coming out of retirement for the second time.

I wish there was an ever-green drug for some players. Pleasure to watch. Yet, even last year, he barely made any contribution. United got something that hasn't had since Roy Keane: physical, tough-guy central midfielder. With Fellaini they even get more size for dead balls. I think Fellaini complements Carrick nicely. Age-wise too. They balance. He may even help Carrick's longevity, since he will take some of the grunt work out, that Cleverly, Anderson and Giggs couldn't.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,405 times
Quote:
If Lucas goes out, Ray Allen will come in. I never thought Skrtel was bad. I actually like him. He played well against ManU, no?

Liverpool does not make any sense to me -- a traditional English Club that wants to play like Barcelona with a Northern Irish Manager.

If not like Barca, what is Liverpool supposed to play like? Very confusing..

I get Chelsea, I get ManU, even ManCity, or Arsenal, but I do not know what is Liverpool's identity supposed to be under Rogers.
Allen and Lucas are totally different. Lucas breaks up play and protects the back four. Allen wouldn't be suited to that. Losing Lucas would be a massive blow.

What's not to get? Brendan Rodgers wants Liverpool to play his way. You don't have to be Spanish to play like Barcelona. Rodgers likes the passing game and wants Liverpool to play that way.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:01 PM

782 posts, read 936,014 times
Quote:
Wasn't Cazorla bought for that? And Cazorla ain't now slouch, he has what, 50-60 caps for Spain? One of the best fantasistas in the world.

2 central mids, Walcott and Podolski on the wings, Giroud up top, tell me who is dropping to the bench -- Cazorla or Ozil?
Cazorla can't do it all on his own. Last year when he got shut down in certain games, or late in the year when he was wearing down we had no plan B. There were no other creative players to help open up opposing teams, and it cost us ALOT. Almost all serious Arsenal watchers have been crying out for another creative player.

That was part of the reason that Suarez became preferred to Higuain when we thought we could get him, because Suarez is very creative and if you look at the stats he created alot of chances last season.

Cazorla is a natural left wing, and plays better from the left wing. That is where he has played all this season, and that is where he will stay. We will have Giroud up top (backed up by Podolski when healthy, Bendtner and/or Walcott). Behind Giroud we will go LW Santi, CAM Özil, RW Walcott, and then we figure out what our best combination of our 2 pivots is - Ramsey and Jack have been getting a shot together, but I felt that they were largely at fault for our poor defending against Villa, so I prefer to see Arteta/Flamini get one of the spots, but we will see.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 PM

@TexanTodd: I agree with you -- Cazorla was a disappointement last year. Maybe he didn't acclimate quite yet with close-marking, speed, tackles. He also seemed a little unfit and overweight to me. I also think that Arsene moved him to the left to allow Wilshire to bust through. And also Giroud is not a one-two player, like Suarez for example.

Cazorla will be 29-years old soon, and I think his days on the wing are over. Besides, Podolski is better as a winger, and he tracks back better.

So, for the big games Cazorla might be benched, and Arsene will play Wolcott, Ozil, Podolksi behind Giroud. I also think that as long as Jack can play, he will be alongside Arteta.

Ramsey, Rosicki (who I love as a player), Diaby (another player that I like a lot), Flamini will be second-string.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer