U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:38 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,308,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Well, I will not complain if they sign these two only, that should be enough.
But, where will the money come from for these signings?
From the club. Man Utd do have money. They cant compete with Man City or Chelsea but then again who can. Modric will go and so will someone like Baines and you already have Kagawa. I dont think you need a striker at the moment. Kagawa, Modric and Baines would be a good window for Man Utd. Kagawa was a smart dea more then anything else. I was reading that they reckon that Man Utd will earn 20 million from Kagawa's name alone in Japan on their shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 01:51 PM

921 posts, read 909,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
From the club. Man Utd do have money. They cant compete with Man City or Chelsea but then again who can. Modric will go and so will someone like Baines and you already have Kagawa. I dont think you need a striker at the moment. Kagawa, Modric and Baines would be a good window for Man Utd. Kagawa was a smart dea more then anything else. I was reading that they reckon that Man Utd will earn 20 million from Kagawa's name alone in Japan on their shirts.
If and that is BIG if Glazers are willing to offload some of the cash from the club.
I am reading how SAF is saying that price being asked for Modric and Baines is ridiculously high.

That is what I said that if Utd sign these two i will be happy.
And that will shut the window for this summer.
They don't need a new striker.

And as I said in one of my posts, Kagawa deal is firstly business signing, but we will see if it will turn out to be the real football signing.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
If and that is BIG if Glazers are willing to offload some of the cash from the club.
I am reading how SAF is saying that price being asked for Modric and Baines is ridiculously high.

That is what I said that if Utd sign these two i will be happy.
And that will shut the window for this summer.
They don't need a new striker.

And as I said in one of my posts, Kagawa deal is firstly business signing, but we will see if it will turn out to be the real football signing.
I think Man Utd are willing to splash the cash but its the wages that are the stumbling point. Modric will be a Man Utd player this time next year unless Chelsea do something which I dont think they will.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:13 PM

Robin Van Persie will not be joining Man City it seems.

BBC Sport - Saturday's gossip column - transfers and rumours

Here is Saturdays transfer gossip.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:15 AM

921 posts, read 909,920 times
Paul, John...you probably know more about this guy then the rest of us. Can you give us some inside who this guy is?

Manchester United close in on Nick Powell from Crewe Alexandra
BBC Sport - Manchester United sign Nick Powell from Crewe Alexandra

Old 06-12-2012, 11:18 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,095,038 times
The guys represented England at Under-16 and 17 level. Looks like a good prospect we will see how good when he goes out on loan.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Paul, John...you probably know more about this guy then the rest of us. Can you give us some inside who this guy is?

Manchester United close in on Nick Powell from Crewe Alexandra
BBC Sport - Manchester United sign Nick Powell from Crewe Alexandra
He is a good young prospect. It was a race between Man Utd and Liverpool for him. I will find you a video of him if you want but I am just saying that Youtube can make the likes of Stuart Downing look good.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 AM

Reds speaking with Sigurdsson | Latest Football Transfer News | Sky Sports
Moyes - No Spurs contact | Sky Sports
M'Vila open to Arsenal move | Sky Sports
Vertonghen move 'still close' | Sky Sports

What do you think of Sigurdsson John? A good enough signing, or should Liverpool be aiming higher?

Old 06-17-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Yeah I like him. He is a good player and he is only 22. I would be happy with him and Gaton Ramirez too. That would be our midfield sorted.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 AM

Good to see Newcastle aiming high and not sitting back on their great season, they are trying to sign Lille's Mathieu Debuchy one of Europe's most promising full backs, and one of Frances best players at Euro 2012 imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer