U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,088,512 times

Advertisements

Right, it is approaching that time of the season! Get the rumours posted! Try to post possible, likely or plausible ones. You can also comment on who you think your team needs. Here are the first few -

Barcelona defender Dani Alves will be offered to Manchester United this summer | Give Me Football

Arsenal transfer news: Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen is also wanted by Tottenham and Barcelona | Give Me Football

Liverpool transfer news: AZ Alkmaar midfielder Rasmus Elm is a summer target for Kenny Dalglish | Give Me Football
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 06:01 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,088,512 times
And Celtic are not my team but if they want to compete in the Champions League, which they are not far off from being able to do as this is the best quality Scottish side I have seen in years, they need to sign a quality centre back and central midfielder. Maybe the likes of Abou Diaby, Niko Kranjcar, Charlie Adam, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Tim Cahill or Lucas Leiva for central midfield and Richard Dunne, Matthew Upson, James Collins, Sylvain Distin or Christopher Samba for centre back. These are quality players that could be tempted by Celtic (not all would be) The lure of being at a big club, trophies and Champions League football could be appealing though, and wouldn't cost the earth to buy!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,358,168 times
Clint Dempsey is tossed about frequently in transfer talk and he's made it clear his goal is to play in Champions League. Arsenal is a rumored move. He's the guy I'll be tracking once the window opens.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,877,834 times
Chelsea supposedly put in a bid for Mario Gomez, but he elected to stay with Bayern.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:01 PM

7,550 posts, read 16,385,177 times
I heard Dempsey to Liverpool, but if he wants CL football then that's toast lol

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
And Celtic are not my team but if they want to compete in the Champions League, which they are not far off from being able to do as this is the best quality Scottish side I have seen in years, they need to sign a quality centre back and central midfielder. Maybe the likes of Abou Diaby, Niko Kranjcar, Charlie Adam, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Tim Cahill or Lucas Leiva for central midfield and Richard Dunne, Matthew Upson, James Collins, Sylvain Distin or Christopher Samba for centre back. These are quality players that could be tempted by Celtic (not all would be) The lure of being at a big club, trophies and Champions League football could be appealing though, and wouldn't cost the earth to buy!
Celtic could sign Dunne if or when Villa go down. He is Irish and would play for Celtic and be in the CL. They can have Adam if they want. No chance of getting Lucas because he is Liverpool through and through. Future captain if you ask me.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:08 AM

I love the window and speculation. I dont like it though hen Liverpool are linked to crap players which is all the time but its very exciting when we are linked to good players.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM

Liverpool players that we need to make a bid for.
Hazard, Erikson, Cavani, Lucas, M. Suarez, Falcao and Hoillet.
Players out would be.
Downing, Adam, Cole, Carroll(for good price), Aurellio, Maxi, Flanagan(on loan), Doni and Brad Jones.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 AM

7,550 posts, read 16,385,177 times
I like Downing and Adam. Maxi seems to do good when he starts, not the best player in the world but has done good when called upon.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:34 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,538,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Clint Dempsey is tossed about frequently in transfer talk and he's made it clear his goal is to play in Champions League. Arsenal is a rumored move. He's the guy I'll be tracking once the window opens.
I'm sure this will happen. In fact, I'll put money on it. If he's to leave Fulham, it has to be this summer, or they'll have to let him go on a free next year when his contract expires. He'll give Arsenal so many more options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer