U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:41 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,109,741 times

Advertisements

1Spain
2Germany
3England
4Uruguay
5Portugal
6Italy
7Argentina
8Netherlands
9Croatia
10Denmark
11Russia
12Greece
13Brazil
14France
15Chile
16Cote d'Ivoire
17Sweden
18Mexico
19Czech Republic
20Ecuador
21Colombia
22Japan
23Switzerland
24Australia
25Norway
26Republic of Ireland
27Paraguay
28Hungary
29Korea Republic
30Turkey

What an absolute joke these rankings are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,310,230 times
So Ireland go back 7 places and England go third. What a joke.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:52 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,109,741 times
Greece are better than Brazil, France and Chile! Doubt it!

Old 08-08-2012, 08:26 AM

7,552 posts, read 16,408,342 times
How come Ireland aren't #1 ? We have the "best fans"!!! John Delaney better be contacting FIFA about this.

Has Brazil played many games to keep up the rankings ? I never did understand the FIFA ranking system tbh, all it is is something to boast about. Most logical people reaslise they dont mean a thing.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
How come Ireland aren't #1 ? We have the "best fans"!!! John Delaney better be contacting FIFA about this.
I wouldn't call you an Irish fan though.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:55 AM

I am an Irish fan, I am not a gob****e who defaces the Irish flag and does the poznan claiming to be the best supporters in teh world and never went to a League of Ireland football game.

You may consider yourself an Irish fan because you ole ole ole but you have to go to games to be a real fan of Irish football, not a barstooler.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 AM

3,458 posts, read 4,018,472 times
Always been a joke. The formula they use is so effed up its not even funny.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I am an Irish fan, I am not a gob****e who defaces the Irish flag and does the poznan claiming to be the best supporters in teh world and never went to a League of Ireland football game.

You may consider yourself an Irish fan because you ole ole ole but you have to go to games to be a real fan of Irish football, not a barstooler.
Eh who are you to tell the rest of us what you need to do to be an Irish fan. So you wouldn't call people who paid a lot of money to go the Poland Ireland fans but you would call someone who takes the **** out of the team, the fans and the FAI an Irish fan.

The ones who deface the Irish flag is the people who take the **** out of the team. What was it you call the people who paid money to go over to Poland and to watch them and the ones who live in the country of Ireland? I think it was Lepregoons.

Oh and what does the League of Ireland have to do with international football?

Its funny you keep using the term barstooler when you are the one who lives 3000 miles away.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:42 AM

I call them glory hunting Lepregoons. I remember going to Ireland games and if it wasnt against a big team nobody went, the tickets were fobbed off to LOI clubs to sell or give away. Thats your typical Irish "football fan". If they were actual Irish football fans they would support Irish football, not just the national team.

Because if they were good supporters of Irish football, they would watch Irish football. Not just glory hunt.

I actually build a website for a League of Ireland team, have every jersey of Shels for the last 16+ years, help SSDG, help ShelsTV and design flyers for Shelbourne. So while I cant actually be there, yeah I am a bigger fan of Irish football than some prick who goes to Poland and watches MU on TV.

Obviously you play for Liverpool and are a season ticket holder and somehow manage to go to a bunch of St Pats games but at the same time have an excuse as to why youre never at a liverpool game and never mention LOI ...

Old 08-08-2012, 10:03 AM

They are not glory hunting fans. I always go to Ireland games and there is a lot of people there. The problem is that the tickets are very expensive for Ireland games.

If that is your definition of a glory hunter, would you be one because you dont go to Liverpool or Ireland games. You might do your bit for Shelbourne but if you dont go to Ireland games, then you cant really talk about other glory hunters.

As I said before, Pats play on a Friday night and during the summer. Liverpool play on Sunday afternoons from mid August to mid May. Of course I can go to both. I cant go to every game but I can go to a good few. Its a very common thing over in this country. You should try it one day instead of calling the rest of us barstoolers while sitting on your arse somewhere in the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer