U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-14-2012, 03:21 PM
 
921 posts, read 909,684 times
Reputation: 96

Advertisements

A cheat? Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2012, 06:48 AM
 
Location: England
3,250 posts, read 3,143,077 times
Reputation: 3210
Bale went past the Scots players like they were training cones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,092,276 times
Reputation: 4093
Yes he did cheat and yes he did go past the Scots players like they were training cones. He done it to many a team, he's different class. He basically won it for Wales on his own. Anyway Pete instead of always trying to get one up on people you should concentrate on the state of your own countries game..... oh wait your more interested on a team from Manchester.......6,000 kilometres away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,684 times
Reputation: 96
The problem with you Paul, same as John, is that you guys think that you know all about the game simply because you live on that island that happens to be close to where one of the best league in the world is and that nobody else know more than you.
I lived in Europe Paul, for 27 years before I moved to US, so I happened to know something about football.
I also know that the US team is 20 something places above your mighty "long ball" Scotland team in the rankings, and yes FYI I am following the US team either. I am following my native country national team as well, a team that is who knows where on that FIFA list, but still in the last 3 games vs mighty Scotland have won 1, lost 1 and drew one that really needed to win based on chances and overall performance.
Problem is Paul, you and John want only your opinion to count as the best, which is most of the time NOT, so I have to reply to those posts.

Bale cheats, tell me who doesn't?
He didn't cheat against you that's a fact and scored in Charlie Adam's face which made that goal even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,868 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
The problem with you Paul, same as John, is that you guys think that you know all about the game simply because you live on that island that happens to be close to where one of the best league in the world is and that nobody else know more than you.
I lived in Europe Paul, for 27 years before I moved to US, so I happened to know something about football.
I also know that the US team is 20 something places above your mighty "long ball" Scotland team in the rankings, and yes FYI I am following the US team either. I am following my native country national team as well, a team that is who knows where on that FIFA list, but still in the last 3 games vs mighty Scotland have won 1, lost 1 and drew one that really needed to win based on chances and overall performance.
Problem is Paul, you and John want only your opinion to count as the best, which is most of the time NOT, so I have to reply to those posts.

Bale cheats, tell me who doesn't?
He didn't cheat against you that's a fact and scored in Charlie Adam's face which made that goal even better.
Don't bring me into your argument Pete.

I don't think my opinion is the only one that counts. I value what a lot of you guys say. I have to say though, cheers for backing me up in the MLS thread.

The thing with you Pete is that you do bash other peoples teams all the time. I cant have a conversation with you because you cant see reason at all with some topics. Anything to do with Liverpool, you just dismiss it and say the usual Liverpool are crap so I am right and you are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,684 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Don't bring me into your argument Pete.

I don't think my opinion is the only one that counts. I value what a lot of you guys say. I have to say though, cheers for backing me up in the MLS thread.

The thing with you Pete is that you do bash other peoples teams all the time. I cant have a conversation with you because you cant see reason at all with some topics. Anything to do with Liverpool, you just dismiss it and say the usual Liverpool are crap so I am right and you are wrong.
I don't bash other people's teams, I am only saying that crap about Liverpool so you know that they are crap and they can't be in the top four for some time now, but you just refuse to accept that as a fact.
If that is not right, then I am wrong .

I don't remember backing you up on the MLS thread.
Actually, players are like flies, they go where the sh*t is, so who knows if MLS starts investing heavily in football, maybe those flies will start coming over.
The reality is MLS is growing and becoming stronger so I won't be surprised if some of the stars start coming over at younger age.
It's all about money and you know that, just few years ago who would've said every freaking player on earth would've want to play for City or PSG for example.
It all changes so you never say never, but this is for another topic, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,868 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I don't bash other people's teams, I am only saying that crap about Liverpool so you know that they are crap and they can't be in the top four for some time now, but you just refuse to accept that as a fact.
If that is not right, then I am wrong .
That is bull. I am not talking about them being just crap. I am talking about things like, I would say we have a great academy but you would say because its Liverpool that we dont or that Man Utd have a better one. If I say a Liverpool player is good, you will be quick to say he isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I don't remember backing you up on the MLS thread.
Actually, players are like flies, they go where the sh*t is, so who knows if MLS starts investing heavily in football, maybe those flies will start coming over.
The reality is MLS is growing and becoming stronger so I won't be surprised if some of the stars start coming over at younger age.
It's all about money and you know that, just few years ago who would've said every freaking player on earth would've want to play for City or PSG for example.
It all changes so you never say never, but this is for another topic, right?
Lets just leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 10:58 AM
 
921 posts, read 909,684 times
Reputation: 96
Lets just leave it at that.[/quote]

Yep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,092,276 times
Reputation: 4093
I can unequivocally say I know more about football than you Pete, your a glory hunter, simple.

I follow most Europen leagues even leagues like Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Greece, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Sweden and Denmark. Both my teams, Dundee and Scotland, are going through bad times but I still spend thousands annually going to actually WATCH them. I haved played football all my life from under 7's to amateur level. I play 5 a sides twice during the week and 11 a sides at county level on Sundays. You can say what you want but I have already formed my opinion that you are a typical arm chair glory hunter that post insults and crap jokes to make up for your poor knowledge of football.

Last edited by paull805; 10-15-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 PM
 
921 posts, read 909,684 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I can unequivocally say I know more about football than you Pete, your a glory hunter, simple.

I follow most Europen leagues even leagues like Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Greece, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Sweden and Denmark. Both my teams, Dundee and Scotland, are going through bad times but I still spend thousands annually going to actually WATCH them. I haved played football all my life from under 7's to amateur level. I play 5 a sides twice during the week and 11 a sides at county level on Sundays. You can say what you want but I have already formed my opinion that you are a typical arm chair glory hunter that post insults and crap jokes to make up for your poor knowledge of football.
So, you play 5 a sides and you know football better than me huh?
So, you actually watch games and know better than me?

What makes you think I am not spending $ to watch games?
Honestly, I couldn't care less about your opinion towards me.

I spent years of actually watching football in some of the countries you mentioned above so don't get me started you know better than me in leagues like Greece, Serbia etc cause you know a sh*t about them, Ok? As a matter of fact I am sure you don't even know where Serbia and Greece are on the map, don't you Paul?

And why I am glory hunter? People who know crap about football think that all Man Utd fans a glory hunters. So typical and jealous statement from people like you.

You are angry at me because I unlike many others actually reply to your posts that make no sense.
So Scotland is going through hard times and you blame your manager? You want to see your team winning, does that make you glory hunter, Pauly? I said your Scotland team is poor and technicaly years behind many other European clubs and that hurts you, but that is the truth Paul.

I see no point in fighting with someone who plays video games like an 10 year old and thinks he knows everything.
Go educate yourself first, read some more and see what Benelux means (FYI Benelux have some exciting talents too so you can start watching their leagues).

Last edited by Pete MUFC; 10-15-2012 at 07:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top