U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,117,931 times

Advertisements

They must be if you say so Pete *yawn*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 AM

921 posts, read 911,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Only because you are bringing me into them.
Ok, here we go again. Welcome to the party .

Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
They must be if you say so Pete *yawn*
I want to hear your opinion. You do have your opinions so lets hear it.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
And these are all great players? Haha, what a joke.
Typical Scottish fan, try to make average look like extraordinary...
Samaras, hehe, the guy floped in EPL as I remember.
Hooper, scored 2 goals away in the champion's league and England are likely to call him up to the squad. And a host of top EPL teams are after.
Gary Hooper is Liverpool target | Mail Online
Gary Hooper deserves England chance - Michael Walker | Mail Online
BBC Sport - Celtic: Gary Hooper will force England's hand, says Neil Lennon

Victor Wanyama, who your club is looking to sign.
Manchester United target Victor Wanyama of Celtic - Daily Record

James Forrest, voted one of the most promising youngsters in WORLD football
BBC Sport - Celtic's James Forrest won't rest after Fifa accolade
Players to watch in 2012 - FIFA.com

But again you know best! The one who hasn't even watched the SPL

Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM

Anyway off to get ready. Going to the pub for the Scotland game. Yes we will probably get beat as Pete will no doubt point out But hey a few pints of Stella and a bar dinner will heal my broken heart!

It's been fun Pete!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Hooper, scored 2 goals away in the champion's league and England are likely to call him up to the squad. And a host of top EPL teams are after.
Gary Hooper is Liverpool target | Mail Online
Gary Hooper deserves England chance - Michael Walker | Mail Online
BBC Sport - Celtic: Gary Hooper will force England's hand, says Neil Lennon

Victor Wanyama, who your club is looking to sign.
Manchester United target Victor Wanyama of Celtic - Daily Record

James Forrest, voted one of the most promising youngsters in WORLD football
BBC Sport - Celtic's James Forrest won't rest after Fifa accolade
Players to watch in 2012 - FIFA.com

But again you know best! The one who hasn't even watched the SPL
Soooo, my club is interested in Wanyama and that makes him good right? Do you have any idea how many players Man Utd are scouting at this moment?
They are looking for him as they want someone who can come in cheap.
Remember Liam Miller, ah Paul? He was hailed as the new Roy Keane etc when Man Utd signed him...and what happened with him? Last time I checked he was playing for some Australian club.
Do you know how many players Utd signed and they floped? So many. Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Liam Miller are the first to come in mind. You are judging players by media reports. I don't have to watch your SPL week in and week out to know who is good player. I watch SPL when I have a chance, but their games are so dull and old fashioned its quite unbelievable.
Do you know how many youngsters are better than your James Forrest? The thing is Scotland is close to England, and players got excelent coverage in media and stuff. They are all over hyped players and you somehow can't see it and it is happening in front of your eyes.
So many players in GB are over hyped it is unbelievable. This is where I get into your discussions, when you are trying to make something big out of nothing.
What place will Gary Cooper play in England side? Defoe's? Welbeck's? Rooney's? Yeah, they will call him up for a friendly or so and that will be it. If Scotland have so many good players as you want us to believe we would have seen it so far, right Paul?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,311,249 times
I might join you Paul. I am off to watch Ireland beat the Faroe Islands 4-0. Should be a **** game but Ireland should bounce back and win it.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Anyway off to get ready. Going to the pub for the Scotland game. Yes we will probably get beat as Pete will no doubt point out But hey a few pints of Stella and a bar dinner will heal my broken heart!

It's been fun Pete!
You as a true supporter should have been in Brussels and support your country.
But you opted to stay at home and spend your day online discussing with me that you are better off than foreign football fans. This makes you as arm chair fan as me Paul.
Enjoy your beer but ask for Delirium Tremens.

Just to clarify, Brussels is in Belgium and Delirium Tremens is strong Belgium ale. Don't want to confuse you.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:20 PM

They have 3 quality players imo opinion Pete. The Fletchers and Forrest thats it, I never said we had any more, we have a few more decent ones. Pete, I am not saying my leagues brilliant I said it is pretty good for the size of country is all!

Pete, I can guarantee I have been to more international away games than you. I am only a humble joiner I can't go to them all! And stella is also Belgian beer (which I have no doubt you knew ) my favourite!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
They have 3 quality players imo opinion Pete. The Fletchers and Forrest thats it, I never said we had any more, we have a few more decent ones. Pete, I am not saying my leagues brilliant I said it is pretty good for the size of country is all!

Pete, I can guarantee I have been to more international away games than you. I am only a humble joiner I can't go to them all! And stella is also Belgian beer (which I have no doubt you knew ) my favourite!
Stella is so commercial, so regular beer.
Try the one I said before to taste what beer should taste like.

But it maybe too strong for you considering Stella is your favorite.
I thought your favorite should be scotch or something ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or