U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,085,866 times

Advertisements

John I am sorry mate but you are deluded if you think Liverpool v Man U is bigger than Barca v Real Madrid, Celtic v Rangers, Boca v River Plate, Dortmund v Schalke, Flamengo v Flumanese, Roma v Lazio.

Celtic Park Bouncing again! Celtic v them 28/12/11 - YouTube

ATMOSPHERE: Dortmund-Schalke - YouTube

ATMOSPHERE: River Plate-Boca Juniors - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM

2009-10 [Brazil, Rio de Janeiro] Fla-Flu Derby - Part 2.AVI - YouTube

Lazio Roma Fans.wmv - YouTube

I don't know about you but I judge a rivalry on passion not because success.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I don't know about you but I judge a rivalry on passion not because success.
I base the rivalry on many things. History, passion, success, two cities that are very close and hate each other, tragedy for both clubs, hatred, watched all over the world etc...

Real v Barca is a rivaly based on success. I dont know wether you watched the game yesterday but that was one of the best YNWA I have ever heard. So much passion. Two clubs with a lot of history and two of the worst tragedies in football history.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 PM

921 posts, read 909,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
We were robbed. Was not a red card which changed the game. Peno my arse. The red card ****ed us up totally. The best thing of the day was the YNWA at the start. It was amazing and I am so proud to have been a part of it.
Mark Lawrenson said "Referee got all the big decisions correct". 'Nuff said Johny boy.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Mark Lawrenson said "Referee got all the big decisions correct". 'Nuff said Johny boy.
No he didn't get the decisions right. Come on Pete. You know as well as I do that if Shelveys was a red, that Evans should of been sent off to.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 PM

No.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:31 PM

7,549 posts, read 16,381,882 times
There is absolutely no way that it was a red card dude.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:45 PM

He was naive or angry or both. Plus he never got the ball but only Evans's leg. Studs too high.
Red card!
And what was he saying to Ferguson?
This Jonjo guy had one good game vs Young Boys and think he is a star?
What an a**.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I base the rivalry on many things. History, passion, success, two cities that are very close and hate each other, tragedy for both clubs, hatred, watched all over the world etc...

Real v Barca is a rivaly based on success. I dont know wether you watched the game yesterday but that was one of the best YNWA I have ever heard. So much passion. Two clubs with a lot of history and two of the worst tragedies in football history.

El Classico it way more than just a rivalry of successful teams, opposing political positions, with Real Madrid viewed as representing Spanish nationalism and Barcelona viewed as representing Catalanism. When Francisco Franco started his war against the democratic Second Spanish Republic, the president of Barcelona was arrested and executed Franco's troops. Almost all the ideas that have shaped the country's modern history, republicanism, federalism, anarchism and communism have been introduced from the region of Catalonia. Celtic v Rangers doesn't even need to be explianed, these two are way more than rivalries, they run deep.

And yes there has been tragedies but so has there been in other rivalries. The Ibrox disaster was a crowd crush in a stairway, causing 66 deaths and over 200 injuries, at an Old Firm match. There have been more murders linked to Celtic v Rangers, Boca v River plate rivalries than any other rivalry certainly in Europe. I know you love Liverpool and love the rivalry with Man U, but it is clouding your judgment imo because, although a great rivalry, it is no where near as fierce a rivalry as the ones I have mentioned and others like Galatasary v Fernebache, the Serbian derby of Red Star Belgrade v Partizan Belgrade etc.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:43 PM

3,719 posts, read 3,876,167 times
Quote:

Liverpool is like Notre Dame. They have a large amount of history but haven't done much as of late, say the last 20 years. Liverpool are still yet to win the modern Premiere League.

Bottom line, Liverpool vs. Man United has lost a ton of luster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer