U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 03:28 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,394,400 times

Advertisements

Liverpool were pure ****e. Same as last season, they just lacked balls up front and sloppy lapses in defence. I don't understand playing Downing on the right.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 03:44 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,308,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Liverpool were pure ****e. Same as last season, they just lacked balls up front and sloppy lapses in defence. I don't understand playing Downing on the right.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk
I dont understand playing him at all.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,096,426 times
John I was having a bit of a laugh I am not saying they are world class, but they are good finds and selling Allen was probably a blessing in disguise.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:40 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,308,362 times
Delighted that Everton got the win, especially after those scumbags started singing about Hillsborough. Why are people so sick in the head to chant about the dead. I wonder how much coverage that will get.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,657,015 times
That was just a pitiful game for United. Controlled possession, but couldn't put the ball in the box. Just an awful game.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:33 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,426,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
That was just a pitiful game for United. Controlled possession, but couldn't put the ball in the box. Just an awful game.
I watched most of it on dvr...lots of moving around little end product. Not a great way to start a campaign. I hardly noticed RVP's presence.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,657,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
I watched most of it on dvr...lots of moving around little end product. Not a great way to start a campaign. I hardly noticed RVP's presence.
Yeah, we dominated possession, but once Everton parked the bus, we couldn't get into the box. RVP and Rooney can't do much when they don't get the ball in a position to score. The crosses were poor. Plus, our defense was shoddy since we had Carrick in central defense and Valencia at Right Back. Hopefully we'll get some defensive players back from injury soon so that players can actually play in their correct positions.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM

921 posts, read 910,024 times
Don't blame Everton for "parking the bus"...
It wasn't like that. Even before they scored, Everton were better organized and fought for every ball.
They played like it was Cup final, they wanted to win more than Man Utd and the result is fair.
Very well deserved win.

Now, why Man Utd didn't buy any defenders that is a question for Fergie.
Rio is not reliable, he is playing 1 and sits out 4-5 games.
Man Utd doesn't have good right back, Valencia was covering there half of last season, but he is not defender.
Although RVP is a quality signing, some other signings should've been priorities.
It is just the first game of the season, but Utd needs defenders badly.

Midfield is another thing that needs some addition. Nani's crosses were just awful, painful to watch.
Scholes got so tired he coudn't breath, Anderson non existent (for the time he played), Young was supposed to give some sparkle ... nothing.

Overall, it looks like the same problems are with Man Utd from last season. It almost worked last season (all the cover ups in defense and midfield) but it doesn't look like it'll work this season.
Teams are not afraid of Utd anymore.

As long as I hate to say it, but the title will be decided between Chelsea and City. I will give advantage to Chelsea as they have more players in depth and think that City will try to do something more in the CL.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,426,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Don't blame Everton for "parking the bus"...
It wasn't like that. Even before they scored, Everton were better organized and fought for every ball.
They played like it was Cup final, they wanted to win more than Man Utd and the result is fair.
Very well deserved win.

Now, why Man Utd didn't buy any defenders that is a question for Fergie.
Rio is not reliable, he is playing 1 and sits out 4-5 games.
Man Utd doesn't have good right back, Valencia was covering there half of last season, but he is not defender.
Although RVP is a quality signing, some other signings should've been priorities.
It is just the first game of the season, but Utd needs defenders badly.

Midfield is another thing that needs some addition. Nani's crosses were just awful, painful to watch.
Scholes got so tired he coudn't breath, Anderson non existent (for the time he played), Young was supposed to give some sparkle ... nothing.

Overall, it looks like the same problems are with Man Utd from last season. It almost worked last season (all the cover ups in defense and midfield) but it doesn't look like it'll work this season.
Teams are not afraid of Utd anymore.

As long as I hate to say it, but the title will be decided between Chelsea and City. I will give advantage to Chelsea as they have more players in depth and think that City will try to do something more in the CL.
agree with this...but don't give up hope so quickly..if we can click we've got a lot of firepower and i reckon vidic will be back to his best shortly

Old 08-21-2012, 12:24 PM

921 posts, read 910,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
agree with this...but don't give up hope so quickly..if we can click we've got a lot of firepower and i reckon vidic will be back to his best shortly
I am not giving up infinite...this is the reallity.
I wasn't optimistic about last year but it almost happened. It is not going to be the same this season.
Look at Everton yesterday. They attacked with long ball and crosses knowing there is no CB that is strong enough to clear and eventually they got one in that manner....cross from corner over Carrick.
I don't blame Carrick at all, he is not defender and TBH he did Ok in that position.
Vidic is not 100% yet, the blame is on managment for not signing one defender (actually they just signed one from Holland. Guy looks a little like human version of Bart Simpson
I still don't understand why they never tried to sign Cahill before he went to Chelsea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer