U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2012, 02:09 PM
 
Location: One of the "New" States
993 posts, read 461,986 times
Reputation: 948

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I am not giving up infinite...this is the reallity.
I wasn't optimistic about last year but it almost happened. It is not going to be the same this season.
Look at Everton yesterday. They attacked with long ball and crosses knowing there is no CB that is strong enough to clear and eventually they got one in that manner....cross from corner over Carrick.
I don't blame Carrick at all, he is not defender and TBH he did Ok in that position.
Vidic is not 100% yet, the blame is on managment for not signing one defender (actually they just signed one from Holland. Guy looks a little like human version of Bart Simpson
I still don't understand why they never tried to sign Cahill before he went to Chelsea.
I can understand not signing a CB in the offseason, as we thought we were going to be deep in that position with Vidic, Rio, Evans, Smalling, and Jones...but all are hurt at the same time. I agree that Rio's days as a starting CB are numbered as he's just not reliable anymore. But the 3 young guys are very good...and once they're back they should do fine.

I don't know why Rafael wasn't starting at RB yesterday...he was on the bench, so it's not like he's hurt or anything. Odd.

I think that Scholes and Cleverley did well...even though they weren't able to provide that last pass into the box. I still think we need a good midfield signing before the window closes to complete the team.

I think we'll be at the top at the end of the season. It'll be a battle between us and City, but I think we'll be able to eek it out in the end and get the title. There will be some slip ups, but it's not time to throw in the towel yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2012, 02:34 PM
 
905 posts, read 534,678 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I can understand not signing a CB in the offseason, as we thought we were going to be deep in that position with Vidic, Rio, Evans, Smalling, and Jones...but all are hurt at the same time. I agree that Rio's days as a starting CB are numbered as he's just not reliable anymore. But the 3 young guys are very good...and once they're back they should do fine.

I don't know why Rafael wasn't starting at RB yesterday...he was on the bench, so it's not like he's hurt or anything. Odd.

I think that Scholes and Cleverley did well...even though they weren't able to provide that last pass into the box. I still think we need a good midfield signing before the window closes to complete the team.

I think we'll be at the top at the end of the season. It'll be a battle between us and City, but I think we'll be able to eek it out in the end and get the title. There will be some slip ups, but it's not time to throw in the towel yet.
Not throwing the towel, Utd will fight, but it is just the same problems over and over again.
I am just stating the obvious. Would love to see Utd top the table, but something needs to change.
Only one clear cut chance yesterday (cleared off the line by Jagielka) its not good enough.
What did Scholes do so good yesterday? Passing the ball on the left to Evra? Hats off to Scholes, but man he is old. He and Giggs can be good for 15-20 min nowadays.
Utd had the ball possession but after Everton got their goal. What were Utd playing for the whole hour before that?
Smalling and Jones are also so injury prone and I would not rely on them to win the league. Rafael is just not good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 02:49 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 671,897 times
Reputation: 285
Cry me a river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 03:30 PM
 
905 posts, read 534,678 times
Reputation: 93
I thought you drown in your own tears few days ago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,452 posts, read 555,195 times
Reputation: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I thought you drown in your own tears few days ago...
that and Guinness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 03:51 PM
 
905 posts, read 534,678 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
that and Guinness
I am not sure he drinks Guinness....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,452 posts, read 555,195 times
Reputation: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I am not sure he drinks Guinness....
what do you reckon he drinks Pete?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 05:11 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 671,897 times
Reputation: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I thought you drown in your own tears few days ago...
I did but then I realised that losing the first game of the season means nothing. In fact its actually a good thing in a way because it means that you can see what part of your team needs strengthening and do something about it. I said it before that Man Utd needed a midfielder rather then RVP. Lucas would of been that signing that you needed more then RVP. There is still 10 days left in the market for Man Utd to sign a midfielder. You signed some fella today that looks like he needs a haircut. He good be a good signing. He already looks like a Manc anyway. Your defence is alright. You will be fine. You always have Howard Webb and the FA on your side anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Fife
6,613 posts, read 4,786,787 times
Reputation: 3103
Why can't one of the richest teams in the world have RVP and a world class central midfielder!? You can never have to much quality just ask Barca.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 671,897 times
Reputation: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Why can't one of the richest teams in the world have RVP and a world class central midfielder!? You can never have to much quality just ask Barca.
I never said they cant but Man Utd haven't. They should of signed a midfielder before RVP. A midfielder is needed more then him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top