U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,100,406 times

Advertisements

If Celtic match, in their match, Benfica's result against Barcelona tonight they are in to the knockout stages, also be keeping an eye on Shaktar v Juventus, if Shaktar win and Chelsea win then Chelsea are through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM

921 posts, read 910,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
We'll have to wait and see. Things in their group are far being decided right now.
I told you Chelski is out. Did you really believed that Juve can miss this golden opportunity slip away from them?
Enjoy Europa League and Thursday night games.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM

So many fixed games, unbelievable.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Fixed games my arse! In the premier tournament on earth?

Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM

Open your eyes.
It's all about $.
Keep beleiving that nothing is fixed in the "premier tournament of the world". Nothing my arse.
I told you last year about Dinamo Zagreb...search this forum. That is only 1 example.
Tonight at least 3 games were fishy.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 PM

Believe what you wana believe Pete, but I don't.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I told you Chelski is out. Did you really believed that Juve can miss this golden opportunity slip away from them?
Enjoy Europa League and Thursday night games.
Hard to take your posts serious when you use silly names like Chelski. Chelsea had a great run last season that saw them crowned the champions of Europe.

Perhaps Chelsea will fair better than Man United did after their failure in the Europa League last season.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Hard to take your posts serious when you use silly names like Chelski. Chelsea had a great run last season that saw them crowned the champions of Europe.

Perhaps Chelsea will fair better than Man United did after their failure in the Europa League last season.
Perhaps, if they get serious about Europa League which I highly doubt it will happen.

What is wrong with name Chelski ?

Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Believe what you wana believe Pete, but I don't.
You don't need to. But these 3 results are strange.

Barcelona - Benfica 0:0
Braga - Galatasaray - 1:2
Man Utd - Cluj - 0:1

If Celtic was not awarded a pen and scored that goal you would've think about Barca - Benfica score, I am sure about it.

And you do remember Dinamo Zagreb 1- Lyon 7 of last CL season?
Let me remind you: Lyon scored 4 in all previous CL games in that group before that game and then scored 7 in the 2nd half in the last game when they needed better goal difference than Ajax? That topped with 2 dissalowed Ajax goals vs Madrid. If I remember correctly goal difference decided betwen Lyon and Ajax. You figure out who qualified for next round.

No match fixing in the most elite tournament on earth, my arse.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 PM

4,853 posts, read 6,370,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
You don't need to. But these 3 results are strange.

Barcelona - Benfica 0:0
Braga - Galatasaray - 1:2
Man Utd - Cluj - 0:1

If Celtic was not awarded a pen and scored that goal you would've think about Barca - Benfica score, I am sure about it.

And you do remember Dinamo Zagreb 1- Lyon 7 of last CL season?
Let me remind you: Lyon scored 4 in all previous CL games in that group before that game and then scored 7 in the 2nd half in the last game when they needed better goal difference than Ajax? That topped with 2 dissalowed Ajax goals vs Madrid. If I remember correctly goal difference decided betwen Lyon and Ajax. You figure out who qualified for next round.

No match fixing in the most elite tournament on earth, my arse.
I did not read match details but if what you've written is true...

Money talks. UEFA benefits more from certain clubs advancing. This cannot be denied by anyone. Does it prove fixing? No, but it's not impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer