U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2012, 02:51 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,109,741 times

Advertisements

Does it not, Marseille has a mainly north African descendant muslim support
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 02:53 PM

921 posts, read 911,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
How is the PL fine though? Man Utd get mad decisions all the time. How can you think that the CL is fixed based on yesterday but the PL isn't even though Man Utd have been getting big decisions for years?
Yeah, Man Utd have won all the titles with the help from referees. Jeez, John, your jealousy is killing you. You somehow managed to drag Man Utd (again) into this CL debate.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:03 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,310,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Yeah, Man Utd have won all the titles with the help from referees. Jeez, John, your jealousy is killing you. You somehow managed to drag Man Utd (again) into this CL debate.
I am not saying that. My point is, how can you say that the CL is fixed but not the PL when it comes to Man Utd? How?

Old 12-06-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I am not saying that. My point is, how can you say that the CL is fixed but not the PL when it comes to Man Utd? How?

I am talking of clubs deliberately allowing other clubs to score etc.
And that happens in CL way to often, Europa League and other smaller competitions almost on a daily basis. Aren't you not seeing the reports for match fixing scandals?
You and Paul think that "Big" or "Elite" clubs don't do that?

When in the PL other clubs let Man Utd just score v them, huh? On contrary, they play there best vs Man Utd.
Yes, Man Utd get penalties, but Man Utd attacks and is very often sitting in front of the opponents goal, so yes the chances of them getting penos are higher.

And the focus was on yesterdays and some past CL games, don't try to turn this discussion into anti Man Utd one like you always do.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
And the focus was on yesterdays and some past CL games, don't try to turn this discussion into anti Man Utd one like you always do.
I am not turning it into an anti Man Utd thing. I am just saying that its weird the way you think there is match fixing in the CL with other clubs but when it comes to probably the most controversial football club on the planet, you thinks its crazy to think that there might be match fixing involved. That's my point.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I am not turning it into an anti Man Utd thing. I am just saying that its weird the way you think there is match fixing in the CL with other clubs but when it comes to probably the most controversial football club on the planet, you thinks its crazy to think that there might be match fixing involved. That's my point.
Ok, Man Utd buys the titles. Are you happy now? Or you jealous because Liverpool can't do the same?

Now, back to the CL, there are facts and investigations for alegedly fixed games.
There is no such thing for PL, right?

Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 PM

ALLEGED!

Allegations are made all the time. Could be because an unusual flury of bets on a result etc, they do their jobs and investigate.

Italy, one of the most corrupt countries in the developed word, couldn't get away with it, Juventus got relegated because of it so if you can't get away with it in Italy I doubt you can get away with it in the most prestigious club competition on earth, uefa has a INDEPEDENT commission to make sure they investigate and uncover all wrong doings in the European game, be it racists, hooliganism, corruption or match fixing.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Ok, Man Utd buys the titles. Are you happy now? Or you jealous because Liverpool can't do the same?

Now, back to the CL, there are facts and investigations for alegedly fixed games.
There is no such thing for PL, right?
I never said Man Utd do anything. All I said is that I find it strange how you think the CL is fixed but yet you think its mad to think there could be something going on with the team you support. I never said anything about Man Utd doing anything. I just said its strange how you think.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:29 AM

There are so many strange things to be said about you, but let's not start it again.
You are probably in London now so enjoy the game

Old 12-20-2012, 06:08 PM

Galatasaray v FC Schalke
Celtic v Juventus
Arsenal v Bayern Munich
Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
AC Milan v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Manchester United
Valencia v Paris St Germain
FC Porto v Malaga

How tasty does that look boys!

Man Utd v Real Madrid
1957: European Cup semi-final - lost 3-1 in Madrid, drew 2-2 at home to lose 5-3 on aggregate
1968: European Cup semi-final - won 1-0 at Old Trafford, drew 3-3 away to win 4-3 on aggregate
2000: European Cup quarter-final - drew 0-0 at Bernabeu, lost 3-2 at home to lose 3-2 on aggregate
2003: European Cup quarter-final - lost 3-1 in Spain, won 4-3 at home to lose 6-5 on aggregate

Celtic v Juventus
1981: European Cup first round - lost 2-1 on aggregate after winning first leg 1-0 at Celtic Park
2001: Champions League group stage - lost 3-2 in Turin, won 4-3 at home

Arsenal v Bayern Munich
2000/01 European Cup second group stage - drew 2-2 at Highbury, lost 1-0 away
2005: Champions League round of 16 - lost 3-1 in Munich, won 1-0 at home. 3-2 aggregate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer