U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 09:05 AM

4,854 posts, read 6,374,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Exactly. 11 vs 11 it was Man Utd win all over. Man Utd controlled the game until that point.
No matter what John will say...Turkish Ref (apparently a follower/fan of Real Madrid on Twitter) in a game of this magnitude is just plain wrong.

Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir's history of sending off England-based players in big matches - Telegraph
FIFA and UEFA are corrupt to the core. Nations and clubs need to put up or shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,309,545 times
Quote:
Haha. What do you think? Straight red was a right decision, eh?
It was harsh but also reckless from Nani. It all depends on whether the ref deemed it reckless or not.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Exactly. 11 vs 11 it was Man Utd win all over. Man Utd controlled the game until that point.
No matter what John will say...Turkish Ref (apparently a follower/fan of Real Madrid on Twitter) in a game of this magnitude is just plain wrong.

Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir's history of sending off England-based players in big matches - Telegraph
What are you talking about. Man Utd lose and you are bitter so you try pick a fight with me.

I find this whole thing funny. Talk****e saying the game should be replayed and the media *******s about it. Let me ask you, what would be said if it was Pepe who did that and got sent off? My guess, nothing. ''Oh controversial game at Old Trafford with Pepe getting sent off but oh well, you win some and you lose some.'' How many decisions have Man Utd gotten down the years? How many teams have they robbed from getting something out of a game? As Man Utd fans say when they get the decision, **** happens, get over it.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 AM

921 posts, read 910,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
What are you talking about. Man Utd lose and you are bitter so you try pick a fight with me.

I find this whole thing funny. Talk****e saying the game should be replayed and the media *******s about it. Let me ask you, what would be said if it was Pepe who did that and got sent off? My guess, nothing. ''Oh controversial game at Old Trafford with Pepe getting sent off but oh well, you win some and you lose some.'' How many decisions have Man Utd gotten down the years? How many teams have they robbed from getting something out of a game? As Man Utd fans say when they get the decision, **** happens, get over it.
I am over it, it was just a game of football...and Utd were robbed.
And I look forward EPL and FA Cup now. Still plenty left to play for, unlike Liverpool, eh?
Or maybe where Man Utd stands in EPL and FA Cup this year has something to do with referees?

Back to topic...It is not the question how many decisions have gone Utd's favor, it is whether or not that was a red card.
It was not and referee had a clear view of it. At the moment of Nani's jump to the ball, Madrid player was not even close. Nani clearly never saw him and his eyes were on the ball all the time.
Never a red card.

Speaking of bad decisions....Do you know how many favors have gone in Real's favor during years?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Back to topic...It is not the question how many decisions have gone Utd's favor, it is whether or not that was a red card.
It was not and referee had a clear view of it. At the moment of Nani's jump to the ball, Madrid player was not even close. Nani clearly never saw him and his eyes were on the ball all the time.
Never a red card.
Nani has to be aware that there is/will be players around him in a matter of seconds. It was reckless, which is why I think the ref gave it. Its a debatable decision but for someone to say its definitely not a red card is wrong. What I don't get is that if that was any lower and hit his leg, it would be a red card no question so why is it different when its the torso?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 AM

921 posts, read 910,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Why doesn't Ferguson ever get criticized when he doesn't give an interview? Bitter man and no class.
Y! SPORTS

See the facts first, then talk.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:47 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,104,922 times
Agree?

Five of the best: Premier League goals in Europe | GiveMeFootball

God I loved watching Thierry Henry, you forget sometimes just how good he was - amazing player, and just how good Arsenal in the early 2000s were!

Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM

Celtic beaten, but again showed they can mix it with the big boys of Europe. No disgrace being knocked out from Juve, they are unbeaten in Europe in 18 matches.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 AM

A Celtic fan and Juventus fan swap scarfs over the fence juventus -celtic - YouTube

Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 AM

5,426 posts, read 6,404,264 times
Manchester United has had referee help when it comes to PL games, now the tables have turned and got screwed in the CL.

Although I have to admit, Man U was controlling that game. Welbeck made Varane look like an amateur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer