U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 12:25 PM

7,550 posts, read 16,386,697 times

Advertisements

Barca arent gone by any means, it wont take more than a few players to spruce the squad up to dominate like they have been doing. You dont just go bad like that and its not like they dont have the financial backing to buy their way out of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 12:35 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,425,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
So Barca are bad overnight haha?! Bad result but don't have short memories people. They schooled Europe for years. Man United final anyone?
+1 infinitelimit needs to come back to earth

Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,089,804 times
Run? You make me laugh, if you think that is the end of Barca you are mad.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:26 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,558 times
Barca bad? What Barca is this then? The Barca I know made it to their sixed semi-final in a row and are walking away with the La Liga title. I know, absolutely awful.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 AM

3,848 posts, read 3,969,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Barca bad? What Barca is this then? The Barca I know made it to their sixed semi-final in a row and are walking away with the La Liga title. I know, absolutely awful.
Come on John meet us half way, obviously Barca will continue to be a giant in football as long as we still play the game. But those performances against Bayern were truly awful, Messi might have helped with a goal or two but they still would have blown off the pitch by a stronger, more athletic, grittier team. And as infinite_limit detailed, they had many poor CL matches prior despite getting thru.

Every Barca fan who is being honest with himself should be dissatisfied with the club. When the goal of Barca supporters is to be the best team in Europe/the world, a year like this has to be seen as dismal.

That lost goal by Muller where he went up over 2 Barca softies to stuff the ball in the goal was symbolic of how weak their roster and style has become.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:29 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,359,463 times
But at least Barca has other players who can score goals when Messi isn't in.
They have Gerard Pique, oh, wait.............................................. .

Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,673,805 times
For next season, Barça need to focus on some decent transfers in the defensive department. If I were Sandro Rosell, I'd quickly get myself a couple of world class defenders.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 AM

This is crazy, you all say Barca is the best thing ever less than two month ago now they are awful. Have a word, making yourselves look silly.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:08 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Come on John meet us half way, obviously Barca will continue to be a giant in football as long as we still play the game. But those performances against Bayern were truly awful, Messi might have helped with a goal or two but they still would have blown off the pitch by a stronger, more athletic, grittier team. And as infinite_limit detailed, they had many poor CL matches prior despite getting thru.

Every Barca fan who is being honest with himself should be dissatisfied with the club. When the goal of Barca supporters is to be the best team in Europe/the world, a year like this has to be seen as dismal.

That lost goal by Muller where he went up over 2 Barca softies to stuff the ball in the goal was symbolic of how weak their roster and style has become.
But you consider this a bad season for Barcelona and yet they are walking away with the league and made it to another CL semi-final, even after being poor throughout like you said. I am not saying they have been great or anything. All I am saying is that they are still giants and its wrong to say its the end of an era.

What if they come back and win it next year? Will the era have begun again? Will they not be the best team in the world?

People also going on about how good Bayern are. Fabulous, great, animal team but what if they bottle it and lose to Dortmund in the final? That would be 3 out of 4 CL final losses. People saying its the start of a new Bayern era, but what if they lose?

Overall, Bayern smashed Barca and deserve their place in the final. However, Barcelona are still the number 1 greatest team in Europe in my eyes. I think that if they sort out their defense(which they will), then they will be ready to dominate Europe again.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:13 PM

Exactly if Bayern lose their 3rd final in 4 years and Barca strengthen, which they will, in the summer - then the tides could turn back in Barcas direction. They still have the best player on earth and a sh:t load of money to spend. Barca are entitled to have one poor season (if you can call it poor) after the dominance of the past few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer