Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,797,919 times

Advertisements

The ESPN broadcasts of the Premier League have much better picture quality than the Fox Soccer Channel broadcasts. Even when they are showing the CONCACAF Champions League, the picture quality is awful compared to the Spanish Channel that shows the matches on Comcast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 09:02 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,402,183 times
Bein Sports is on Dish Network as a free sample, I think its channel 407. Its pretty bad tbh, I hate watching SDTV on a HDTV. A tiny square in the middle of the screen. They showed some good games but I am not going to upgrade my package for it since its expensive enough to get a package with Fox Soccer. I miss GOLTV, I remember that that and Fox Soccer were on the same package back in the day so you had a great choice of football on the weekend. I even watched Shelbourne FC play on GOLTV a few times.

Fox Soccer did get a good lookin' chick or two in this season and that Malcom In The Middle lookalike (Eoin O'Callaghan) seems to be on less often.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:13 AM

810 posts, read 1,807,594 times
I never got GolTV because my cable provider never offered the channel as part of the sports package; they only provided it with the Spanish package.

For how good ESPN is with soccer, that really makes me impressed by them is how much they improved. I first got into the sport during the 2006 World Cup, and I remember just how BAD the coverage was on ESPN. The commentators were awful, the studio shows terrible, the marketing nonexistent. They improved exponentially for 2010, and I can't wait for the 2014 World Cup, It's a shame in my opinion that they lost the 2018 and 2022 rights to Fox. A lot can change in six years, but with how little has been done to improve Fox Soccer, I am not getting my hopes up.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:02 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,786,614 times
Fox Soccer Channel is not going to lose EPL rights..that's their entire reason for existing. Not gonna happen Chicken Little.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 AM

3,862 posts, read 5,283,932 times
Wouldn't bother me at all as long as ESPN picks up the full rights. It would actually save me a few dollars so I don't have to add on FOX Soccer. Otherwise I enjoy the coverage on both ESPN and Fox Soccer. So either would work for me.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:56 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,027 times
I thought ABC showed the World Cup matches?

IMO Fox Soccer is crap, why would I pay to watch the premier league and then when Saturday rolls around they show Bolton v Blackburn instead of Man United vs Chelsea?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:59 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,545,491 times
Do you fella's not have Sky Sports over there in America? If you can find Sky Sports, then you will have a lot of PL games as they just got a new deal with the PL costing £ 3 billion. Do you not get that in the US?

Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,027 times
No sky sports, I think Fox uses sky sports though.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I never got GolTV because my cable provider never offered the channel as part of the sports package; they only provided it with the Spanish package.

For how good ESPN is with soccer, that really makes me impressed by them is how much they improved. I first got into the sport during the 2006 World Cup, and I remember just how BAD the coverage was on ESPN. The commentators were awful, the studio shows terrible, the marketing nonexistent. They improved exponentially for 2010, and I can't wait for the 2014 World Cup, It's a shame in my opinion that they lost the 2018 and 2022 rights to Fox. A lot can change in six years, but with how little has been done to improve Fox Soccer, I am not getting my hopes up.
Maybe thats why it dissapeared, it went to a Spanish language channel. But I also remember there was two GOLTV channels, one in English if I remember correctly there used to be a Geordie commentating.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Do you fella's not have Sky Sports over there in America? If you can find Sky Sports, then you will have a lot of PL games as they just got a new deal with the PL costing £ 3 billion. Do you not get that in the US?
With all the sports packages we have with Fox Soccer, NBCSports, ESPN etc its = to Sky Sports IMHO. I remember when I had that back in Dublin I was disappointed with some of the games on Sky too. Not as much as here though I dont think. Fox Soccer is getting better in their coverage though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer