Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,545,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
With all the sports packages we have with Fox Soccer, NBCSports, ESPN etc its = to Sky Sports IMHO. I remember when I had that back in Dublin I was disappointed with some of the games on Sky too. Not as much as here though I dont think. Fox Soccer is getting better in their coverage though.
Over here there is Sky Sports and ESPN have a lot of PL games over here and so do Setanta. Is it the same ESPN in America that we have in Ireland/UK Brian? I have ESPN America but I never see a live PL game on there. All I ever see is stuff like baseball and hockey and stuff like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 11:21 AM

810 posts, read 1,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Do you fella's not have Sky Sports over there in America? If you can find Sky Sports, then you will have a lot of PL games as they just got a new deal with the PL costing £ 3 billion. Do you not get that in the US?
No. The most that we have is hour-long segments of Sky Sports News that Fox Soccer broadcasts live.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,545,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
No. The most that we have is hour-long segments of Sky Sports News that Fox Soccer broadcasts live.
You are lucky then that it is only an hour. We have a Sky Sports News channel that is 24 hours a day and that show the same **** all day everyday. Transfer deadline day can be exciting though. Oh and the women are nice to

Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Wouldn't bother me at all as long as ESPN picks up the full rights. It would actually save me a few dollars so I don't have to add on FOX Soccer. Otherwise I enjoy the coverage on both ESPN and Fox Soccer. So either would work for me.
ESPN would have to create a special channel to show all the matches that FSC currently does. They would not dedicate the bulk of their programming on ESPN and perhaps ESPN 2 every Saturday and Sunday from 8-3 to show soccer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
I thought ABC showed the World Cup matches?

IMO Fox Soccer is crap, why would I pay to watch the premier league and then when Saturday rolls around they show Bolton v Blackburn instead of Man United vs Chelsea?
ABC still shows World Cup matches. They put the bigger weekend matchups on. It's been this way since at least the 1998 cup.

I wish Comcast would carry Fox Soccer Plus.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 AM

810 posts, read 1,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
ESPN would have to create a special channel to show all the matches that FSC currently does. They would not dedicate the bulk of their programming on ESPN and perhaps ESPN 2 every Saturday and Sunday from 8-3 to show soccer.

ABC still shows World Cup matches. They put the bigger weekend matchups on. It's been this way since at least the 1998 cup.

I wish Comcast would carry Fox Soccer Plus.
My cable provider (Cox) also does not carry FS+. Furthermore, I don't even have Fox Soccer in HD. I have been asking for at least an HD feed for the past two years but no dice . It sucks watching a letterboxed feed on an HD channel.

But from what I have read and heard about FS+, it doesn't sound like I am missing out on much.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:43 AM

3,862 posts, read 5,284,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Good point, but if ESPN ponied up all that money to secure full rights then you would have to imagine that adding a dedicated soccer channel would be in their plans. In addition to the selected matches they run each Sat and Sun morning now.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:51 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
You should watch Austrailian soccer on FS, its a good league. Unless youre a glory hunter youll appreciate it anyway.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:13 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,786,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
I thought ABC showed the World Cup matches?

IMO Fox Soccer is crap, why would I pay to watch the premier league and then when Saturday rolls around they show Bolton v Blackburn instead of Man United vs Chelsea?
Fox Soccer never fails to show United..it's like clockwork, i never miss a match.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,786,765 times
Sounds like im spoiled; i have both Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer + in HD. FS+ will show more of the less followed teams like say QPR v Reading.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:16 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
I am contemplating FS+, but not for the football. Ive no idea what football they even play on there, I just miss watching my London Irish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer