U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,757,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Or maybe because he knows that he cant make it into the Barcelona squad because there is to much talent there.
That's possible although he started applying for colleges in the US long ago while he was getting minutes with Barcelona B. He's only 19 years old. He had plenty of time to stay and develop at Barcelona, they wanted to keep him.

Quote:
Or maybe its because he cant get a better offer from a better club or country.
No, he has made it clear for years that he wanted to manage the US National Team and change the structure of US soccer. He has written books on US Sports psychology and again, his wife is American from LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
No its not. Its a player who says to himself that he doesn't want to be on the bench and be a sub or a super sub at best.
LOL! I love that you think there is no way anyone would ever want to do anything other than what you think they want to do. Like these players always put football before their families or other aspirations such as an education.

I am sure Roger Espinoza cares nothing for his girlfriend's wishes or for his mom and dad. I am sure that was not a consideration at all. I am sure all he was thinking about was how many minutes he could or could not get. Wigan was one of the sides that were interested. I have seen Wigan play and I will tell you that Roger would get regular minutes there.

You do realize that a lot of these players have wives, children, elderly parents, interest outside of football, maybe career goals in mind after football? You do realize that these things come into play when deciding where they will play. They arent always going to take the offer from the biggest club or for the most money?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:17 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,108,180 times
Fair dos Robb, you love your league, I admire that. But you are coming across as delusional at times. No truly world class player IN HIS PRIME will be playing in the MLS for many, many years.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,310,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Fair dos Robb, you love your league, I admire that. But you are coming across as delusional at times. No truly world class player IN HIS PRIME will be playing in the MLS for many, many years.
I honestly cant argue with this guy anymore. We are never going to agree. I guess we will see i 10 years time how many great players are playing in Europe and how many are playing in the MLS.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I am not delusional at all, I am not making any claims about my league.

You guys are talking in absolutes and no logical person talks in absolutes unless they are dealing with facts. You dont say things like never, no, always, etc when you do not know what will happen. That's really my only point, it isnt about what I think of my league

It really has absolutely nothing to do with my league. I'll say the same thing about China's league, Japan's league, or a league in Trinidad and Tobago. You never know what will happen. My point isnt even really about football at all but about life and people in general. Trying to say you will know what someone will do that you do not know or isnt even born yet is delusional. You guys are trying to make absolute claims about future choices that other people will make and it's silly.

But, at least you recognize that there is potential for world class players to be play in MLS in the future. This other dummy seems to think that he knows what every player will do for the history of the world.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I honestly cant argue with this guy anymore. We are never going to agree. I guess we will see i 10 years time how many great players are playing in Europe and how many are playing in the MLS.
There is nothing to agree about. You are talking in absolutes claiming to know the future about Nostradameus. I have been baiting you and you keep making a fool of yourself talking in absolutes as if you know what is going to happen for the rest of history in football. It's been very entertaining. You are trying to make facts about the future when it isnt possible.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
But, at least you recognize that there is potential for world class players to be play in MLS in the future. This other dummy seems to think that he knows what every player will do for the history of the world.
Oh whatever man. We will see what happens wont we.

I could also get hit by a car tomorrow and start to fly.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
There is nothing to agree about. You are talking in absolutes claiming to know the future about Nostradameus. I have been baiting you and you keep making a fool of yourself talking in absolutes as if you know what is going to happen for the rest of history in football. It's been very entertaining. You are trying to make facts about the future when it isnt possible.
I am glad you find it entertaining. If thats what gives you comfort in life then so be it. Good for you

Old 10-10-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Oh whatever man. We will see what happens wont we.

I could also get hit by a car tomorrow and start to fly.
You're finally getting the hang of it.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
You're finally getting the hang of it.
Yeah I am. Hey, I could actually be physic and tell the future. Actually I am physic and I looked into the future and it turns out that I was right but hey, it looks like you were right, anything is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or