U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-19-2013, 08:48 AM
 
Location: yeah
5,716 posts, read 14,571,047 times
Reputation: 2829

Advertisements

The Earthquakes name was picked by fans in '74, then repicked in '99, and repicked again in 2007. What a dumb claim to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2013, 12:26 PM
 
Location: East Lake Worth
130 posts, read 201,047 times
Reputation: 77
The topic is "MLS Expansion Plan" and y'all are talking about nicknames, only in America...

Anyway, I feel a team based in Detroit is long overdue.

Spear me the Detroit is a wasteland, ghetto, blah, blah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 09:08 PM
JJG JJG started this thread
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-drive View Post
The topic is "MLS Expansion Plan" and y'all are talking about nicknames, only in America...
Yes... and those teams will have names...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,388,277 times
Reputation: 5087
Maybe if Detroit pushes it through they can "pay" for it all and claim it on their bankruptcy. Honestly though, Detroit rates slightly above Albuquerque on the list of places to send a team. Id hate to see one go over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2013, 12:01 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,718 posts, read 4,785,954 times
Reputation: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Maybe if Detroit pushes it through they can "pay" for it all and claim it on their bankruptcy. Honestly though, Detroit rates slightly above Albuquerque on the list of places to send a team. Id hate to see one go over there.
How about Grand Rapids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2013, 08:22 AM
 
Location: East Lake Worth
130 posts, read 201,047 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Maybe if Detroit pushes it through they can "pay" for it all and claim it on their bankruptcy. Honestly though, Detroit rates slightly above Albuquerque on the list of places to send a team. Id hate to see one go over there.
The bankruptcy has nothing to do with putting a MLS team in Detroit, zero and I expected ignorant comments stating this. METRO Detroit is a hot soccer market, always was, Detroit Express drew supporters back in the NASL days, Detroit FC has 2,000 supports showing up to watch a semi-pro team play in a high school staduim in downtown. City 'til I Die - Detroit City FC

Grand Rapids? Never-mind, go back to talking nicknames. You can also talk about the kits colors, maybe cheerleaders, and food at the snack bars.

Detroit will get a team, sorry about your hate, have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,718 posts, read 4,785,954 times
Reputation: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-drive View Post
Grand Rapids? Never-mind, go back to talking nicknames. You can also talk about the kits colors, maybe cheerleaders, and food at the snack bars.

Detroit will get a team, sorry about your hate, have a nice day.
Someone clearly woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'll let your troll post slide.

Anyways, why don't you think that Grand Rapids could host a MLS team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,388,277 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-drive View Post
The bankruptcy has nothing to do with putting a MLS team in Detroit, zero and I expected ignorant comments stating this. METRO Detroit is a hot soccer market, always was, Detroit Express drew supporters back in the NASL days, Detroit FC has 2,000 supports showing up to watch a semi-pro team play in a high school staduim in downtown. City 'til I Die - Detroit City FC

Grand Rapids? Never-mind, go back to talking nicknames. You can also talk about the kits colors, maybe cheerleaders, and food at the snack bars.

Detroit will get a team, sorry about your hate, have a nice day.
What would be ignorant is to think an MLS team that costs 100 million to buy into would make it in a bankrupt city like Detroit at this stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2013, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,151 posts, read 19,759,815 times
Reputation: 8803
Where is New Orleans in this plan? With a growing international population, largely Central and South American, I'm sure it would fit well there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2013, 12:54 AM
 
1,496 posts, read 1,500,162 times
Reputation: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
The Earthquakes name was picked by fans in '74, then repicked in '99, and repicked again in 2007. What a dumb claim to make.
It was not picked by fans in 74'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top