U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 PM
 
921 posts, read 914,309 times
Reputation: 96

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
I am not pretty sure its fixed. All I said was that I find it funny the way you are so sure that the CL is fixed but when someone says Man Utd could be involved, you make it out like they're being delusional.
I didn't say CL or EPL as a whole is fixed. Some games are, obviously. There probably isn't a league where a game or two (at least) have not been fixed.

And as a matter of fact, I was the one that was suspicious of Man Utd game vs Cluj. And Barca - Benfica and couple more in the last round of group phase this CL season alone. Don't get me started on last few seasons, especially Dinamo Zagreb - Lyon game where tons of goals were scored in a matter of few second half minutes.

On the other hand you are the one that was saying no way of games in CL or EPL to be fixed, yet you are saying Man Utd is fixing games and winning EPL like that. Go figure.

Again, sometimes I think it is worthless to discuss something with you. You either have some issues or just enjoy to argue, I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM
 
921 posts, read 914,309 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Seriously Bondurant?

People won't brake the law if they make a good living legally ....... and guess what footballers make a good living in Europe!
Yeah, what parts of Europe?
England, Germany, France, Italy, Spain where they pay top salaries, Ok....although lots of games in Germany are under investigation, just FYI.

What about eastern Europe for example Paul? Tons of South Americans are playing there too.
Those clubs are also involved in CL games as you know. So based on your South American+Low Salary = Match Fixing logic it means some CL games can be fixed too, right?

I mean, I do not know why are you defending sovereignty of CL or EPL so much in that matter, when everything points out of match fixing everywhere. Nobody is saying the whole championships are fixed (although in some countries they are) but some games certainly are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,315,769 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I didn't say CL or EPL as a whole is fixed. Some games are, obviously. There probably isn't a league where a game or two (at least) have not been fixed.

And as a matter of fact, I was the one that was suspicious of Man Utd game vs Cluj. And Barca - Benfica and couple more in the last round of group phase this CL season alone. Don't get me started on last few seasons, especially Dinamo Zagreb - Lyon game where tons of goals were scored in a matter of few second half minutes.

On the other hand you are the one that was saying no way of games in CL or EPL to be fixed, yet you are saying Man Utd is fixing games and winning EPL like that. Go figure.

Again, sometimes I think it is worthless to discuss something with you. You either have some issues or just enjoy to argue, I don't know.
Pete, I find you funny. Do you think there are some games fixed in the PL?

If that's so, do you think Man United could be fixing some of them?

You clearly don't get the point I am making. You really don't. I just don't know how you can say a certain thing is fixed but then another isn't. You say the CL is fixed(I am not saying it is not), but yet you don't think that arguably the most controversial team in European football(Man United) might just maybe have a fix on the PL.

That's what I really don't get. You seem to be sure the CL is fixed(and it probably is) but yet you don't think that a team who get favourable treatment from referees, a manager who can have a pop at anyone he wants, a team who gets favourable draws(in the Champions League, cough) and in PL fixtures and above all a Chief Executive of your club as vice-chairman of the FA(who pick the referees, make the draw for the PL fixtures and dictate the PL). No other club in the league has a person of that status in the FA by the way.

So to think that there could be a bit of corruption happening with Man Utd and the PL is stupid and just fans being jealous and deluded, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 PM
 
921 posts, read 914,309 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Pete, I find you funny. Do you think there are some games fixed in the PL?

If that's so, do you think Man United could be fixing some of them?

You clearly don't get the point I am making. You really don't. I just don't know how you can say a certain thing is fixed but then another isn't. You say the CL is fixed(I am not saying it is not), but yet you don't think that arguably the most controversial team in European football(Man United) might just maybe have a fix on the PL.

That's what I really don't get. You seem to be sure the CL is fixed(and it probably is) but yet you don't think that a team who get favourable treatment from referees, a manager who can have a pop at anyone he wants, a team who gets favourable draws(in the Champions League, cough) and in PL fixtures and above all a Chief Executive of your club as vice-chairman of the FA(who pick the referees, make the draw for the PL fixtures and dictate the PL). No other club in the league has a person of that status in the FA by the way.

So to think that there could be a bit of corruption happening with Man Utd and the PL is stupid and just fans being jealous and deluded, right?
You still don't get it. It is pointless to have any conversation/debate with you. It really is.
You are blinded by jealousy though, that is obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,315,769 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
You still don't get it. It is pointless to have any conversation/debate with you. It really is.
You are blinded by jealousy though, that is obvious.
Haha, typical Pete. You know I am right in what I am saying.

Yeah I make a very good point and you say its jealousy. Typical Man Utd fan. Says the CL is fixed but when it comes to Man Utd maybe fixing football, its all nonsense.

That really makes me laugh. Man United cant do wrong and are perfect in your world. DELUDED cant even describe you Pete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:46 PM
 
921 posts, read 914,309 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Haha, typical Pete. You know I am right in what I am saying.

Yeah I make a very good point and you say its jealousy. Typical Man Utd fan. Says the CL is fixed but when it comes to Man Utd maybe fixing football, its all nonsense.

That really makes me laugh. Man United cant do wrong and are perfect in your world. DELUDED cant even describe you Pete.
Didn't I just say Man Utd - Cluj is a suspicios game?
Who said they are perfect? Who am I defending? And you provided facts? What facts? Your fantasy? Jealousy?

Gosh, you really have issues and I don't want to be a part of your "therapy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:54 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,315,769 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Didn't I just say Man Utd - Cluj is a suspicios game?
Who said they are perfect? Who am I defending? And you provided facts? What facts? Your fantasy? Jealousy?

Gosh, you really have issues and I don't want to be a part of your "therapy".
You really don't get it do you?

Answer the question. Do you think Man United have fixed a PL game? Yes or no?

What facts by the way? If you mean when I said that David Gill is vice-chairman of the FA, then yes that is a fact. You really are a straw man. You twist peoples words very well Pete. Are you a politician by any chance?

How can you think there is corruption at the highest level of European football, but then go and call it daft, deluded and jealousy to say that Man Utd could be a big part of it(seeing that they are very controversial and questions are always being asked about decisions in their games and referees in their games)? Really how????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM
 
921 posts, read 914,309 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
a team who gets favourable draws(in the Champions League, cough)
And you consider this a fact?

I will say luck, if you consider luck drawing Real Madrid in the last 16.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 02:09 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,315,769 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
And you consider this a fact?

I will say luck, if you consider luck drawing Real Madrid in the last 16.
Didn't say that was a fact but it might as well be as its true. You got an easy group again. You know I am talking about the group stages. You have to meet the big teams sometime. Our Europa League group was harder then your Champions League group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2013, 02:15 PM
 
921 posts, read 914,309 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Didn't say that was a fact but it might as well be as its true. You got an easy group again. You know I am talking about the group stages. You have to meet the big teams sometime. Our Europa League group was harder then your Champions League group.
Oh my....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:01 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top