U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,097,982 times

Advertisements

I just watched Barcelona play breathtaking football, could I care less if you liked it Drover .......... could I f*ck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 04:10 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,422,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
OK, so what does any of that have to do with the quote you're referencing?
You said soccer fans are vocally hostile and that is why you dislike soccer.
I gave examples showing that fans of other sports are exactly the same.
My point: sports fans are the same...maybe you should dislike all sports for this reason...or none.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:24 PM

148 posts, read 153,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Oh, because Mexico really ratcheted up the intensity for their qualifier against Jamaica? In international soccer, players are always competing to gain or keep their spot. If the friendly at Azteca meant nothing, did all those fans waste urine and vomit by throwing it at Americans?

As for me dropping names you'd never recognize, let alone acknowledge, why bother? Your mind is made up, you want people to think your are the ultimate in soccer savviness. You're the supercultured sophisticate that watches only the best. Surely a great man like yourself can google a few names.

are u honestly trying to make the case that a friendly is played at the same level as a world cup qualifier? if so, i dont even..........

as for the second paragraph, it has nothing to do with that, trust me, i have tried to get into MLS, but the lack of quality/creativity does not do it for me

Old 03-12-2013, 04:26 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,243,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
You said soccer fans are vocally hostile and that is why you dislike soccer.
I did not say that I dislike soccer. Jesus, I even played organized soccer for 7 years.

It's getting old responding to someone who keeps making crap up on my behalf. So you know what? I think I'll stop now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I just watched Barcelona play breathtaking football, could I care less if you liked it Drover .......... could I f*ck!
Yeah, I can totally tell by your puerile post that you could care less.

Maybe you could care less. I couldn't.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 PM

245 posts, read 256,243 times
I don't understand when you say soccer fans are vocally hostile. A real fan should chant as loud as he can to give his team a home advantage. Tell me how does sitting silent, eating hotdog and drinking beer or playing with your phone gives you a home field advantage. If you mean soccer fans are rude (like say bad words) see teh San Fransisco Giants celebration riot and one of the signs said (Duck Fetroit) even in Atlanta a San Fransisco 49ers fan stabbed another. lets also not forget the Vancouver stanley cup riot. Now what are the casualties and damage that American soccer fans or MLS fans have done.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 PM

Get off the SOCCER forum then Drover! You couldn't care less but you take the time the comment.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,243,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Get off the SOCCER forum then Drover! You couldn't care less but you take the time the comment.
That's because I made the mistake of thinking people might be interested in an honest answer to the question asked in the original post. If you couldn't handle the answers, you shouldn't have opened the thread. But once again, the soccer fans illustrate that they're not interested in hearing the answer from people who aren't part of their precious, snobby club.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 PM

Well you learn from your mistakes .............. bye!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,396,020 times
You made your point and others told you similar with other sports now youre butthurt they did ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 PM

21,334 posts, read 21,912,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
You made your point and others told you similar with other sports now youre butthurt they did ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
LOL, talk about butt-hurt..."how come we aren't popular?....arghhh! troll! get out, get out!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer