U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 12:36 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,421,057 times

Advertisements

Argentina 5- Paraguay 2 In after and impecable almost undefeated (only one loss) qualification, scoring a lot of goals, winning with authority every game, in the very hard conmebol qualys, and in friendlies to biggest teams in the world.

I know most people think Spain, Germany and Brasil are the biggest candidates to win it.
I live in a country in where its in fashion to criticize your own team and country cause thats what argentinians do, so, even now, after an amazing 2 years, with a team as great as this one, people are saying again germany is gonna beat us.

Im changing the trend, im saying Argentina will win it. Cause if any other country had THIS team, playing like THIS and with THIS players, they would be all over saying theyll win the world cup, and they will be right. Im tired of the always expecting failure argentina mind, im turning it around: Argentina will win 2014 cause they are the best team in the world

See you in Brazil 2014 and bring it on! Theres no team this argentina cant beat!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Argentina 5- Paraguay 2 In after and impecable almost undefeated (only one loss) qualification, scoring a lot of goals, winning with authority every game, in the very hard conmebol qualys, and in friendlies to biggest teams in the world.

I know most people think Spain, Germany and Brasil are the biggest candidates to win it.
I live in a country in where its in fashion to criticize your own team and country cause thats what argentinians do, so, even now, after an amazing 2 years, with a team as great as this one, people are saying again germany is gonna beat us.

Im changing the trend, im saying Argentina will win it. Cause if any other country had THIS team, playing like THIS and with THIS players, they would be all over saying theyll win the world cup, and they will be right. Im tired of the always expecting failure argentina mind, im turning it around: Argentina will win 2014 cause they are the best team in the world

See you in Brazil 2014 and bring it on! Theres no team this argentina cant beat!

They had three draws right before that 5-2 victory, apparently Equador, Colombia and Boliva are teams Argentina cant beat

Old 09-12-2013, 04:27 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,917,725 times
i am not a true soccer fan but i love the World Cup. i do hope the US can make a good run.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:09 PM

5,899 posts, read 8,421,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
They had three draws right before that 5-2 victory, apparently Equador, Colombia and Boliva are teams Argentina cant beat
Yes, of course, Ecuador and Bolivia are argentina equals.

Have you ever watched fútbol at all??? are you american??

Argentina is currently second best team in the world according to fifa ranking, and the team that won the most difficult qualy, with the better results and most goal difference. This are the facts. Now if you havent watched this team play, please dont write ridiculous statements.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,096,426 times
Yes and England were the 3rd best last year according to the fifa rankings lol.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:30 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,393,261 times
Quote:

Argentina is currently second best team in the world according to fifa ranking, and the team that won the most difficult qualy, with the better results and most goal difference. This are the facts. Now if you havent watched this team play, please dont write ridiculous statements.
According to FIFA rankings, Belgium is better than Brazil

I totally forgot that there were WCQ matches last Tuesday. Turns out, the Netherlands have officially qualified for the WC!

Here are the countries that have qualified so far:

Dark blue = Qualified
Light Blue = May qualify
Orange = Failed to qualify – games to play
Red = Failed to qualify – games over
Purple = Did not enter – FIFA member
Gray = Did not enter – not a FIFA member before tournament

Qualified teams
Brazil
Japan
Australia
Iran
South Korea
The Netherlands
Italy
United States
Costa Rica
Argentina

Old 09-12-2013, 03:04 PM

7,148 posts, read 7,976,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Martin O'Neill next?
replace one long ball merchant with another , no thanks

bring back mick mc carthy

Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 AM

921 posts, read 910,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
replace one long ball merchant with another , no thanks

bring back mick mc carthy
Not really the pass master that McCarthy is

Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,394,400 times
Quote:

You stated that there is nobody Argentina cant beat and I simply pointed out the error in your statement. There was several teams before that victory that that Argentina couldnt beat.

What has that got to do with it ? I am from Ireland, if I was American so what ?

Old 09-16-2013, 08:14 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,421,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I am from Ireland, if I was American so what ?
Don't you know, Americans that post on soccer message boards don't know anything about soccer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer