U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-01-2013, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,433,927 times
Reputation: 4367

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
Seems like the playoffs to define the last teams going to the WC are not getting deserved attention here.

My predictions:

Uruguay beats the hell out of Jordan.

Mexico, despite of all problems, still beats New Zealand. NZ's squad is much inferior, come on!

Croatia and France beat Iceland and Ukraine respectively.

Greece and Romania? No idea, I'm guessing Romania gets it.

Portugal and Sweden. Oh boy, I think Ronaldo is going to the WC, not Ibra.

Africans? I'm not following them, so I have no idea, my bets are based on tradition in this case, therefore, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Cameroon and Ghana will advance.


I think this is what gonna happen as well.
Seems like Jordan lost their two best players (?) due to a fight between them, so if they sucked before, they are gonna suck ten times more now. Its probably gonna be Uruguay 6 or 8 -0, even if i hate those smug bastards (uruguayans), they are gonna make it to the wc no doubt.

Mexico SUCKED big time, they won only 2 games out of 10!!!!!! in CONCACAF!!! Playing against Jamaica, Panama, Cuba, Honduras (????), i mean they cant even beat THOSE teams, they definetely DO NOT deserve to be in the wc. But since concacaf has much more many spots than they deserve (ill say just merge with conmebol and give 8 spots to all the americas and Mexico playing like this would be dead last and no chance in hell to make it to the wc) they are lucky enough to play a spot against new zeland that haves no traidtion whatsoever. They can beat nz, clearly, but seeing they played like crap, maybe they lose.

Would like Iceland beating Croatia

Would like Ukraine beating France

Would like Sweden beating Portugal!

but chances are they wont. However, it would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2013, 12:33 PM
 
750 posts, read 921,221 times
Reputation: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I think this is what gonna happen as well.
Seems like Jordan lost their two best players (?) due to a fight between them, so if they sucked before, they are gonna suck ten times more now. Its probably gonna be Uruguay 6 or 8 -0, even if i hate those smug bastards (uruguayans), they are gonna make it to the wc no doubt.

Mexico SUCKED big time, they won only 2 games out of 10!!!!!! in CONCACAF!!! Playing against Jamaica, Panama, Cuba, Honduras (????), i mean they cant even beat THOSE teams, they definetely DO NOT deserve to be in the wc. But since concacaf has much more many spots than they deserve (ill say just merge with conmebol and give 8 spots to all the americas and Mexico playing like this would be dead last and no chance in hell to make it to the wc) they are lucky enough to play a spot against new zeland that haves no traidtion whatsoever. They can beat nz, clearly, but seeing they played like crap, maybe they lose.

Would like Iceland beating Croatia

Would like Ukraine beating France

Would like Sweden beating Portugal!

but chances are they wont. However, it would be great!
I agree, except I prefer Portugal and France in the WC. CR9 is really a great addition, more so than Ibra, plus Portugal has a very strong cultural link with their only colony in South America, Brazil. As for France, although they have alternated between great and disastrous performances in the last WCs (from being Champions to humiliatingly being eliminated in the first round), they still have so much tradition, Ribery is a very good player, and their presence would benefit the WC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2013, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,433,927 times
Reputation: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyking View Post
I agree, except I prefer Portugal and France in the WC. CR9 is really a great addition, more so than Ibra, plus Portugal has a very strong cultural link with their only colony in South America, Brazil. As for France, although they have alternated between great and disastrous performances in the last WCs (from being Champions to humiliatingly being eliminated in the first round), they still have so much tradition, Ribery is a very good player, and their presence would benefit the WC.
Yes, you are right, i was mainly talking cause of the shocking factor, but agree than Ronaldo (even if he is a smug) and Ribery need to be in the wc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 PM
 
921 posts, read 911,092 times
Reputation: 96
A bit out of topic but I didn't want to open a new thread.

Ireland have just confirmed Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane as new managerial duo for Ireland.
Here is O'Neill on ITV: "Roy's coming with me, personally speaking he will be great for me and it will be great for Ireland. I'm the bad cop and he's the bad, bad cop. We are excited by it and I'm looking forward to it greatly."

Bad cop and the bad, bad cop.

Brian, thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2013, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,406,753 times
Reputation: 5092
I hate Keane for what he did in 2002 and I dont think he should be in the position. I think with his (Cork!) personality it would be extremely difficult for him to work as O'Neill's right hand man. Keane wasnt a good manager at club level either I dont think.

O'Neill himself with an assistant manager that he picked and can work with would be a step in the right direction IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 06:49 PM
 
50 posts, read 85,969 times
Reputation: 73
Portugal beating Sweden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 AM
 
Location: New Zealand and Australia
7,456 posts, read 11,559,857 times
Reputation: 7783
We have lost some key players for our WC qualifiers vs Mexico. Most Importantly our captain from West Ham Winston Reid.

We can't afford to be losing players, as our depth is poor. Looking forward to the game Thursday morning, will be watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2013, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Miami,FL
2,889 posts, read 3,296,473 times
Reputation: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
We have lost some key players for our WC qualifiers vs Mexico. Most Importantly our captain from West Ham Winston Reid.

We can't afford to be losing players, as our depth is poor. Looking forward to the game Thursday morning, will be watching.
I wish your team the best of luck as I don't think mexico deserve to be at the world cup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,433,927 times
Reputation: 4367
Uruguay destroyed Jordania 5-0 in Jordania. Of course that would happen.

Now, here, we will never hear the end of it. They are gonna do the maracanazo again

well see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2013, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,433,927 times
Reputation: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
I wish your team the best of luck as I don't think mexico deserve to be at the world cup.

Agree. They dont. Hopefully NZ can make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top