U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 AM

5,899 posts, read 8,407,315 times

Advertisements

Mexico classified and Uruguay will tonight. No surprises for the qualifying, meh

Now, with the qualys finished, i will group the teams according to what i think haves more chances to make it

GROUP A: The Candidates

Giving that the WC is in SouthAmerica, and the current form of NT, i will say that the 3 biggest candidates are:

Brazil, Argentina, Germany

GROUP B: Could also win it (but i put them in a level below the first group)

Italy, Spain

GROUP C: With a bit of luck and a good draw, they could make it

Netherlands, Colombia, Belgium, Chile, Uruguay, Portugal, France, England

GROUP D: If they win it all, it would be a huge shock, and anything more than round of 16 would be considered good enough

USA, Ecuador, Mexico, Greece, Bosnia, Russia, Switzerland

The rest dont have a chance to make it out of the group at all.

(i left out some african sides cause i really dont know their current form, but at best they d be at group D)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 07:57 AM

21,366 posts, read 19,297,224 times
I don't think Brazil will win, they are not consistent enough, they are not the old Brazil anymore.

Apart from the usual candidates I think there are some teams which might surprise, Nigeria for instance. African teams are rather inconsistent, huge ups and downs...

Old 11-20-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think Brazil will win, they are not consistent enough, they are not the old Brazil anymore.
But the WC is played in Brazil!!!

They might not be what they were, but they are still Brazil. If i have to be completely honest, and left aside my bias, i think they have more chances than Argentina. Actually, they have more chances than anyone to make it.

Im just hoping the final will be all southamerican (of course argentina-brazil) and we will be able to upset them (Messi or Kun for the final goal, hopefully Messi). Im hoping for a legendary Argentina-Brazil classic that would be remembered forever in the soccer history

But, yeah, it would be hard to beat them, imo. Every nt will have problems to beat Brazil in Brazil!

Old 11-20-2013, 08:14 AM

We will see But I am 95% sure Brazil will not win...

Old 11-20-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:

who do you think will win?

Old 11-20-2013, 08:34 AM

Dunno, probably a European team...

Old 11-20-2013, 08:35 AM

70% chances its gonna be a southamerican team

Old 11-20-2013, 08:42 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,673,056 times
Quote:
I am not a big fan of Ronaldo's, but today he played extremely well, three goals. The way he calculates angles and speed is quite impressive.
The man delivered: what a performance. He's an ego the size of Jupiter, but what a player .
Too bad Ibrahimovic won't be showing off his tricks in Brazil, though .

We lost again, by the way: against Japan, this time. They were far better than us, actually outplayed us (except the first 20 minutes or so). Back to earth for a lot of the fans here (not for me, I never bought into all the hype).

Old 11-20-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
70% chances its gonna be a southamerican team
I don't think so

Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Germany are all candidates, maybe even Portugal and France. Sure, they had to go through the play-offs, but that boosted their confidence and was the best possible training.

But I always side with underdogs, so I keep my fingers crossed for Nigeria

Old 11-20-2013, 08:49 AM

3,847 posts, read 3,967,778 times
Quote:
I'd take that bet anytime, Brazil will be the clear favorite.

I look for Christiano Ronaldo to be the biggest face of the pre-cup hype. He's a 'cousin' of Brazilians, good looking, an interesting interview and currently the best player. Messi can't say these things and Neymar doesn't have that many Brazilians convinced.

Best teams not to make it (assuming Mex and Urug get thru)? Sweden, that's it. Other powers like Turkey and Egypt just have not been in form for too long.

Could be the best WC ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer