U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2013, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Calgary,AB
70 posts, read 89,633 times
Reputation: 45

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Belgium, France, Germany are amazing teams from NORTHERN EUROPE. Henry, Zidane, Scholes, Giggs, Bale, Dalglish, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, Platini, George Best, Gasgoine, Thuram, Yashin, Koeman, Kahn, Schmiecle, Van Basten, Law etc were all NORTHERN EUROPEAN.

And you don't know much about football if you don't think they and Rues, Gotze, Otzil, Lewandoski are world class.

Just I gave a personal opinion, when I talked about what I consider European football with flair ,and I mentioned, Netherland, Italy, Spain , Portugal and France; I don't consider myself a football expert, maybe I don’t know too much about football, despite the fact that my grand dad played against Di Stefano and I was teammate of a juvenile Agüero playing for the Independiente’s youth system; and of course I know about some Germans footballers like:



BRIEGEL, Hans-Peter (1975-1988)
KALTZ, Manfred (1971-1991)
HEYNCKES, Jupp (1963-1978)
CROY, Jürgen (1965-1981)
GRABOWSKI, Jürgen (1965-1980)
MAGATH, Felix (1972-1986)
KLOSE, Miroslav (1998- )
CONEN, Edmund (1932-1952)
DÖRNER, Hans-Jürgen (1968-1985)
MÖLLER, Andreas (1985-2004)
STREICH, Joachim (1967-1985)
BONHOF, Rainer (1970-1983)
KUPFER, Andreas (1933-1954)
HÄSSLER, Thomas (1984-2004)
MORLOCK, Max (1940-1964)
TRAUTMANN, Bert (1948-1964)
LITTBARSKI, Pierre (1978-1997)
FÖRSTER, Karlheinz (1977-1990)
BALLACK, Michael (1995- )
EFFENBERG, Stefan (1987-2004)
STIELIKE, Uli (1972-1988)
FISCHER, Klaus (1968-1988)
SCHUMACHER, Toni (1972-1996)
JANES, Paul (1931-1951)
HOFMANN, Richard (1922-1947)
HALLER, Helmut (1957-1979)
VÖLLER, Rudi (1977-1996)
KOHLER, Jürgen (1983-2002)
SCHÄFER, Hans (1948-1965)
SZYMANIAK, Horst (1952-1967)
BREHME, Andreas (1978-1998)
VOGTS, Berti (1965-1979)
SAMMER, Matthias (1985-1998)
KLINSMANN, Jürgen (1981-1998)
SCHUSTER, Bernd (1978-1997)
KUZORRA, Ernst (1927-1950)
SCHNELLINGER, Karl-Heinz (1956-1975)
KAHN, Oliver (1987-2008)
NETZER, Günter (1963-1977)
OVERATH, Wolfgang (1962-1977)
RAHN, Helmut (1951-1965)
BREITNER, Paul (1970-1983)
SZEPAN, Fritz (1925-1950)
MAIER, Sepp (1962-1979)
SEELER, Uwe (1953-1972)
WALTER, Fritz (1937-1959)
RUMMENIGGE, Karl-Heinz (1974-1989)
MATTHÄUS, Lothar (1979-2000)
MÜLLER, Gerd (1963-1981)
BECKENBAUER, Franz (1964-1983)

but it doesn't mean that I changed my mind, having flair and being world -class aren't synonyms, at least for me; Ronaldinho is extremely skilful, but he isn't a world class anymore;just hope that the brazilian dominance in Copa Libertadores can end soon, well our archi-rivals Boca play against el timao tonight,and the next sudnay an new version of el Superclasico will take place.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2013, 04:06 AM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,091,062 times
Reputation: 4093
Lol my uncle played against Cannagia and Overmars etc, whatsoever your point? Your opinions valid, but the best teams on earth are the German national team and Bayern, from Northern Europe. That's a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2013, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Calgary,AB
70 posts, read 89,633 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Lol my uncle played against Cannagia and Overmars etc, whatsoever your point? Your opinions valid, but the best teams on earth are the German national team and Bayern, from Northern Europe. That's a fact.

I was talking about football cultural connections , if ur uncle played against “El Pajaro” Canniggia is ok, but Alfredo Is considered a top-5 here in Argentina and el pajaro isn’t a top-50 ; I've lived most of my life in Buenos Aires, is like breathing football in every corner, here Maradona, Moreno, Di Stefano, Carrizo Pedernera,Sivori, Labruna , Menotti and HH among others were born , that of course influenced my football concepts and like any other Argies, flair is the main idea behind our football concepts.

About the Germans at the moment in Europe they're stronger; in the world will see the next year in Brazil , and probably our SA sides look really weak but there is still a year and don't forget that is La Roja dominance that is look to be stopped.

Honeslty, I was surprised by the behaviour of the fans and players yesterday, if a team lose at home here , easily u can expect a pitch invasion or a fight , like in the last week in Chili , maybe next Sunday something bad could happen in La Bombonera.

Last edited by dony1982; 05-02-2013 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,091,062 times
Reputation: 4093
Well Argentina fans are corrupt, stubborn and sore losers - that's well known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2013, 03:24 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,720 times
Reputation: 288
Played with Aguero? I played with Steven Gerrard. You know lads, as I am a Liverpool u19s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2013, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Reading, UK
175 posts, read 172,678 times
Reputation: 132
Maradonna is famous because he robbed us with his hand at a world cup .
But seriously one of the greatest to ever play.

Zidane is thought of by most people to be one of the greatest, if not THE greatest player ever.

Beckham is famous for his move to LA galaxy, a lucky strike against Wimbledon and a goal against greece.
Also the stick insect he married attracts a lot of attention. The most overrated player ever, although being caught now by Jack whilshere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,423 posts, read 12,416,860 times
Reputation: 4857
Quote:
Originally Posted by dony1982 View Post
I was talking about football cultural connections , if ur uncle played against “El Pajaro” Canniggia is ok, but Alfredo Is considered a top-5 here in Argentina and el pajaro isn’t a top-50 ; I've lived most of my life in Buenos Aires, is like breathing football in every corner, here Maradona, Moreno, Di Stefano, Carrizo Pedernera,Sivori, Labruna , Menotti and HH among others were born , that of course influenced my football concepts and like any other Argies, flair is the main idea behind our football concepts.
What would you say are the Top 10 Argentina-born football players of all-time?

1.Messi
2.Maradona
3.Di Stefano

4-10 (not in order):
Passarella, Batistuta, Kempes, Zanetti, Artime, Riquelme, Crespo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2013, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Calgary,AB
70 posts, read 89,633 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Well Argentina fans are corrupt, stubborn and sore losers - that's well known.
Is true and you are completely right , I used to think that was because of poverty, but violence in football has a large history here, including the period of time that it was suppose that Argentina has a good standard of living, in the early 20th century, and many games has been ended because pitch invasions, and sadly many shooting had happened after matches; for example , some years ago 20 football fans died, in a shooting between Independiente and River firms.

In addition, cheating is sadly another main aspect of Argie football, not only the hand of God in WC 86, there is a lot of suspicion about the match against Peru in WC 78, in which we won 6-0, the handball of Diego against Romania in WC 90, or Simeone making sent off Beckham in WC 98; cheating sadly, has a common place in our society at any level, and we call it “Viveza criolla” .



Perhaps many of the social and economic problems we’ve had in Argentina would have been solved if we could understand that what we call “viveza” is in other countries regarded as crime.

Last edited by dony1982; 05-08-2013 at 05:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 10:05 AM
 
Location: South FL
5,426 posts, read 6,396,757 times
Reputation: 3446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar13k3 View Post


* why is maradona famous besides captain of 1986 argentine team and second goal in 1986 match vs england?

* why is beckham famous besides ability to bending ball and his looks?

* why is zidane famous besides two goals in 1998 world cup final?
1. Maradonna was considered the best footballer on the planet during that time. The match against England proved to be one of the most important for Maradonna and the Argentine squad. The reason why? because a few years before the W.C Argentina invaded the Falklands Island (which is controlled by the British), unfortunately Argentina got their butts kicked in the war.

That's why the Argentina/England rivalry is so tense, because of that event.

2. The reason why Beckham is so famous is because, apart from being a top FK kicker and good midfielder. He is English, and the English media are the best when it comes to overhyping their superstars.

3. The reason why Zidane is famous is because of those 2 goals against the best international squad of all times (Brazil). I remember clearly watching that game with my father, he was a real brazilian supporter on that time. When Zidane scored those 2 goals and Petit (the other midfielder) sealed the win at the end to make it 3-0, is when Zidane's name went through the roof.

Let's not forget his beautiful volley against Bayer Leverkusen back in 2002, which is also regarded as the greatest goal in the Champions League history (
Zidane-Goal in Eurocup final Real Madrid-Bayer Leverkusen - YouTube). And also the headbutt on Mazeratti in the 2006 FIFA World Cup final.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,388,277 times
Reputation: 5087
If youre gonna watch the above video ... mute it :|
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top