U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 09:40 AM

245 posts, read 255,985 times

Advertisements

What I hope for is Moyes will keep the same strategy of United which is growing young players like: Welbeck and Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
As for Moyes ... his lack of European experience is what is worrying. He should be fine in EPL, but CL is different animal.
Someone tweeted on Twitter:''An Idiot Abroad, Series 4 - Starting in September. David Moyes with Manchester United in the Champions League.''

Could be true

Old 05-08-2013, 10:34 AM

7,549 posts, read 16,381,882 times
I wouldnt do it if I were Moyes, he is going to have Ferguson breathing down his neck. I would wait till the next manager gets fired then do it =)

Old 05-08-2013, 10:55 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,085,866 times
David Moyes regularly gets Everton into the top five in the EPL with a shoestring budget, he is also from the same neighbourhood in Glasgow as Fergie. He is, by far, the best replacement. Fergie wants it to be Moyes also.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:09 AM

5,663 posts, read 4,371,997 times
Jurgen Klopp is probably the 'best' choice but my prefered choice (as a neutral) would be Moyes.

People have wondered for years what he'd be able to do with a big enough budget, it'd be good to see and I think he'd be a success but would it be any good for him.... that's a harder one.

Would the MUFC fans allow him to win the Premiership or make the Champions League semi-final 2 or 3 times every 5 years?.. or any manager to be honest. Sir Alex is going to be one hell of a hard act to follow.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 AM

3,847 posts, read 3,966,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
David Moyes regularly gets Everton into the top five in the EPL with a shoestring budget, he is also from the same neighbourhood in Glasgow as Fergie. He is, by far, the best replacement. Fergie wants it to be Moyes also.
Looks like Moyes will be announced very soon, seems like a good choice to me. Here are this months summer transfer rumours from manutd.com. Two notable omissions are Christiano Ronaldo and Edison Cavani. It might be hard to continue hating ths side.
This month's rumours

Arriving
Robert Lewandowski (Bor. Dortmund)
Xavi (Barcelona)
Bruma (Sporting Libson)
Wellington Bueno (Desportivo Brasil)
Leighton Baines (Everton)
Erik Lamela (Roma)
James Rodriguez (Porto)
Angelo Ogbonna (Torino)
Simon Moore (Brentford)
Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle)
Andre Ayew (Marseille)
David Henen (Anderlecht)
Raphael Varane (Real Madrid)
Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid)
Angel di Maria (Real Madrid)
Alexis Sanchez (Barcelona)
Saleh Gomaa (ENPPI)
Leon Goretzka (Bochum)
Nemanja Matic (Benfica)
Thiago Alcantara (Barcelona)
Burak Yilmaz (Galatasaray)

Leaving
Angelo Henriquez (loan)
Kenji Gorre (Swansea)
Nani (PSG, Juventus)
Wayne Rooney (PSG)
Anderson (Porto)
Anders Lindegaard (Fulham, West Ham)

Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 PM

175 posts, read 172,590 times
Interesting.

Everybody saying Moyes is pretty nailed on. Wonder how many plastics will jump ship if they dont win anything for a couple of years.

Whoever comes in best be able to handle extreme pressure, especially with old whisky nose still looming over their shoulder

Old 05-08-2013, 12:38 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,424,281 times
I've only been a United fan since 2004ish when Leeds were relegated and Alan Smith came to united. But in those years i have come to know Alex as one of the best managers of all time if not the best, a bedrock of english football and at his age still has enough football fever to jump in celebration like a true fan. While other teams rotate mangers like tires, see liverpool and chelski, this man has made United the best team in English history. Sad to see him go but our future is bright regardless of the manager.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycee View Post
Interesting.

Everybody saying Moyes is pretty nailed on. Wonder how many plastics will jump ship if they dont win anything for a couple of years.

Whoever comes in best be able to handle extreme pressure, especially with old whisky nose still looming over their shoulder
You smashed it Boycee.

No matter what the new manager does, he will never be able to live up to Ferguson. A new manager needs time and he wont be given time at Man Utd because expectations are to high there because of Ferguson being the best. As I said before, what happened at Man Utd was dangerous. I cant see fans from America, Asia etc.. staying around if the team are not winning things straight away.

They had their long party but now the party is over and its time for the hangover(good one John).

Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 PM

Or we could be totally wrong. They had their party, now the parties over but the after party is about to begin. I really do hope its the first one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or