U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2013, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,223 posts, read 2,994,282 times
Reputation: 3365

Advertisements

Man United and Barcelona because of the bandwagon factor, Chelsea because they're corny, and Tottenham because there's only one real North London squad.

Also, I don't hate Liverpool, but frequently laugh at their misfortunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2013, 10:08 PM
 
53 posts, read 84,009 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Man United and Barcelona because of the bandwagon factor, Chelsea because they're corny, and Tottenham because there's only one real North London squad.

Also, I don't hate Liverpool, but frequently laugh at their misfortunes.
Speaking of bandwagon... Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea and soon to be PSG and Monaco fans are the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2013, 01:09 AM
 
120 posts, read 232,755 times
Reputation: 102
They took a poll in 2011 on who was the most hated club in England and Leeds United was voted the most hated club, even though they play in the 2nd tier of English football. People still remember "Dirty Leeds" of the 1970s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2013, 05:36 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,810 posts, read 6,631,693 times
Reputation: 5315
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Have you ever been to Liverpool? Ugly football? We play some of the best football in the league. How are the fans some of the worst fans? Better than Utd fans. Better than a lot of fans. Known for being passionate and singing songs and creating an atmosphere.
Theyre known for 'believing they are the worlds greatest' fans when in reality they are no different from any others! (Same can be said of Newcastley supporters) - and thats why I dislike them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2013, 05:41 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,810 posts, read 6,631,693 times
Reputation: 5315
Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
You are this decade's Nottingham Forest. Just because they were once a big thing doesn't mean that they are any longer. When Suarez leaves what are you going to do? What other top class players are left? Not many.



Yes I have been, and don't intend to ever return.
For most of their existance Nottingham Forest have not been a 'big club', what Clough did was to make a 'relatively small club' the champions of Europe - pretty impressive. Even when they were champions of Europe the attendances at the City Ground where below 30,000, for most of the 80's when they were having the best seasons in their history attendances were mostly below 20.000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2013, 05:59 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,405 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Theyre known for 'believing they are the worlds greatest' fans when in reality they are no different from any others! (Same can be said of Newcastley supporters) - and thats why I dislike them!
That's not true. They say they are some of the best fans in the world because others do. Many great players have come out and said it about Liverpool fans and the magic of playing at Anfield. Its not like other fans. Have/had their fair share of idiots to(as did a lot of clubs in the 80s).

The likes of Arsenal fans don't even sing. There are many clubs with great fans. You cant hate on Liverpool for being one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2013, 07:57 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,810 posts, read 6,631,693 times
Reputation: 5315
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
That's not true. They say they are some of the best fans in the world because others do. Many great players have come out and said it about Liverpool fans and the magic of playing at Anfield. Its not like other fans. Have/had their fair share of idiots to(as did a lot of clubs in the 80s).

The likes of Arsenal fans don't even sing. There are many clubs with great fans. You cant hate on Liverpool for being one of them.
I'm sorry, of course its not ALL Liverpool fans but I don't like 'some' Liverpool supporters' 'holier than though' attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 AM
 
Location: North Liberty, IA
179 posts, read 199,894 times
Reputation: 268
For me, it's:

Liverpool
Chicago Fire

and I never mind seeing Barcelona lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2013, 10:41 AM
 
Location: IL
2,992 posts, read 4,417,796 times
Reputation: 3085
I generally root against the big money teams, scattered all over the earth, but I don't really hate them. In MLS I root against Chivas USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 AM
 
321 posts, read 522,713 times
Reputation: 352
I've noticed Bayern fans (non-German Bayern fans, that is) have gotten really cocky as of late... they're getting really annoying now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top