U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who do you think is going to win the WC in Brazil?
Brazil 19 28.79%
Argentina 10 15.15%
Spain 5 7.58%
Germany 21 31.82%
Italy 1 1.52%
Portugal 0 0%
Netherlands 1 1.52%
Other: Please post your option. 9 13.64%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2013, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,398,736 times
Reputation: 5087

Advertisements

It does sound crazy, the US are not that good. They have played crap the last few games too. US can look good against Costa Rica and co when they play well or even get good results against big teams on the rare occasion but they are not on par with Portugal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,424,521 times
Reputation: 4366
USA looks good cause they play in CONCACAF. If they played in CONMEBOL they would never get into the WC in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 02:15 PM
 
921 posts, read 910,341 times
Reputation: 96
I do not know what makes Portugal so high on your list guys.
Seriously, is it because of Ronaldo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,100,406 times
Reputation: 4093
No ......... Rui Patricio, Pepe, Coentrao, Joao Pereira, Moutinho etc are quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 04:36 PM
 
Location: IL
2,992 posts, read 4,423,428 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
It does sound crazy, the US are not that good. They have played crap the last few games too. US can look good against Costa Rica and co when they play well or even get good results against big teams on the rare occasion but they are not on par with Portugal.
I guess the big issue with them is they are up and down right now. They can look really good sometimes, but are still making mistakes, especially in the backline. I feel like they frequently start out games slowly, which is a flaw. If they could lock in their back line they could be tough.

Regarding playing like crap the last few games, they dominated Mexico in the last game. I know Mexico sucks right now, but I don't think the US played like crap. It sounds like they played poorly in the last Costa Rica game, but I didn't see it due to BeIn Sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 04:40 PM
 
Location: IL
2,992 posts, read 4,423,428 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
USA looks good cause they play in CONCACAF. If they played in CONMEBOL they would never get into the WC in the first place.
I disagree. I think they would be borderline, but would have a chance to get in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,424,521 times
Reputation: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I disagree. I think they would be borderline, but would have a chance to get in.
Imagine them having to compite against Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile, Mexico and even Ecuador, Paraguay or Venezuela and play in the height of Ecuador and Bolivia (3,000 meters). I mean, i agree they might have a chance, but it would be pretty damn hard. Uruguay, whos ranked 7th in the world, are out of the world cup right now cause the southamerican qualys are so damn hard.

Last edited by SophieLL; 09-23-2013 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Miami,FL
2,891 posts, read 3,292,730 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I guess the big issue with them is they are up and down right now. They can look really good sometimes, but are still making mistakes, especially in the backline. I feel like they frequently start out games slowly, which is a flaw. If they could lock in their back line they could be tough.
.
This is why I ranked portugal so low. they have the talent of a world class team but right now they just aren't showing it. having said that though, I do believe they will get it together once the world cup comes around(I think that they'll qualify through the playoffs like they always do.) and without a doubt once again join my top 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Miami,FL
2,891 posts, read 3,292,730 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Imagine them having to compite against Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile, Mexico and even Ecuador, Paraguay or Venezuela and play in the height of Ecuador and Bolivia (3,000 meters). I mean, i agree they might have a chance, but it would be pretty damn hard. Uruguay, whos ranked 7th in the world, are out of the world cup right now cause the southamerican qualys are so damn hard.
nope usa would most likely finish 7th in south america
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2013, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
5,899 posts, read 8,424,521 times
Reputation: 4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
nope usa would most likely finish 7th in south america
well, more or less what im saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top