U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:29 PM

108 posts, read 171,671 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I was wondering if I could get some help. Im coaching soccer for the first time this fall. Innever played soccer much, but i coached lacrosse this year. I imow the sports have a lot of similarities.

Can someone tell me:

1) when does an indirect kick occur?
2) How about a direct kick?
3) do they use actual "plays" in soccer?
4) Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 01:29 PM

245 posts, read 256,831 times
I advise you to play video games like Fifa 13 or Pro Evolution Soccer. Fifa manager is also a must have. It can teach a lot of tactics and plays
1) from Wikipedia Indirect free kick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2) from Wikipedia Direct free kick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
3) If you mean a tactic and a strategy then yes, there are offensive and defensive strategies you should arrange 10 players on the field between offense, midfield and defense. Every tactic or a strategy require a different formation and this will be determined by the abilities of your players and the oppositions strategy.
4) you should have an assistant coach and when you train the players add a lot of fitness training
Watch videos on youtube and soccer highlights
* Just remember there are successful professional soccer coaches and managers who have never played the game or played professionally
I don't know much about Lacrosse

Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,269 times
Read read read.

Don't over -coach and have your practices too structured.

The objective is for the KIDS TO HAVE FUN and hopefully improve their skills.

If most parents see winning as the only objective for little Johnny/Susie tell them to find another team.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:57 AM

349 posts, read 359,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusOfRome View Post
Hi everyone. I was wondering if I could get some help. Im coaching soccer for the first time this fall. Innever played soccer much, but i coached lacrosse this year. I imow the sports have a lot of similarities.

Can someone tell me:

1) when does an indirect kick occur?
2) How about a direct kick?
3) do they use actual "plays" in soccer?
4) Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!
An indirect kick will usually occur when the play is stopped due to a handball or if something flew onto the field or something like that... Direct kicks usually come from fouls. LOL I like soccer and I forgot...

Old 08-07-2013, 03:57 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,431,171 times
this is how Mourinho started...srs

Old 08-08-2013, 08:17 AM

7,552 posts, read 16,422,693 times
I have to say, playing FIFA and Pro Evo has to be the most bizzare advice I have ever seen given to somebody wanting advice on coaching!

Old 08-12-2013, 05:10 AM

12 posts, read 12,849 times
Coaching is easy if you have knowledge of the game. You should ask someone who knows about soccer. I'm here to help if you need anything.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All About Love View Post
Coaching is easy if you have knowledge of the game. You should ask someone who knows about soccer. I'm here to help if you need anything.
Thanks!!

1)does the defensemen have to stay in their half of the field at all times like in Lacrosse?
2) Does the forwards have to stay in their half of the field at all times like Lacrosse?
3) what formation do you like better? 3 defense, 4 midfielders, and 3 forwards OR 4 defense, 3 midfielders, and 3 forwards?

Thanks again!!

Old 08-15-2013, 02:36 PM

21,457 posts, read 22,018,997 times
which team are you coaching?

Old 08-15-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
which team are you coaching?
7th and 8th graders. Middle School team, not Rec team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or