U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 07:14 AM

7,809 posts, read 6,629,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
My point is: why people value the UEFA Champions League so high, and appear to ignore the Libertadores Cup?
Because domestic leagues and the Champions League is more than enough football for people to cope with, I know that my 'mrs' would go spare if I tried to fit even more football into my life! However I am sure the Libertadores Cup is well valued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 09:16 AM

24,268 posts, read 18,769,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
My point is: why people value the UEFA Champions League so high, and appear to ignore the Libertadores Cup?
We don't know the players, we don't know the teams, and the matches airs at night.

And it's true, believe me. The Club World Cup is considered just another pre season friendly match. You, among some other South Americans may feel that it's the "champion of champions" and huge battle which is better, Europe or South America, but most Europeans are totally indifferent. We just don't care.

The FIFA World Club Cup is another competition that is completely ignored. Most people, including me, doesn't even know when it is, and I never think I'd watched it. It just another FIFA plastic promotion world football blah blah event, like the Club World Cup.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:05 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,673,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
We don't know the players, we don't know the teams, and the matches airs at night.

And it's true, believe me. The Club World Cup is considered just another pre season friendly match. You, among some other South Americans may feel that it's the "champion of champions" and huge battle which is better, Europe or South America, but most Europeans are totally indifferent. We just don't care.

The FIFA World Club Cup is another competition that is completely ignored. Most people, including me, doesn't even know when it is, and I never think I'd watched it. It just another FIFA plastic promotion world football blah blah event, like the Club World Cup.
Yeah,me as well: couldn't care less about the club world cup or world club cup or whatever the hell it's called. Winning the Champions League is considered something that is FAR above winning those trophies.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:24 AM

24,268 posts, read 18,769,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Yeah,me as well: couldn't care less about the club world cup or world club cup or whatever the hell it's called. Winning the Champions League is considered something that is FAR above winning those trophies.
Winning the domestic Cup is considered far above those competitions!

Old 12-07-2013, 04:27 PM

2,891 posts, read 3,286,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
well if you mean to say they are a bad side I would say certainly not as they returned to their winning ways in the bundesliga claiming a comfortable 3-0 win against nurnberg. yes it's only nurnberg but it does seem to suggest that the non performance vs manu was just a one off. but we will see in the coming days as leverkusen go on a tough 3 game road trip this week. The first game is easy enough against bottom feeders Freiburg. but the next 2 games are real challenges as they travel to dortmund and sociedad.
what a way to bounce back leverkusen. The win on the road against Freiburg was expected but their win today ON THE ROAD against DORTMUND was a real shock. and it's not like it was a lucky win by leverkusen was by far the better team. If it wasn't for Son's lack of clinical finishing the game could have been over in the first half. I just hope leverkusen left some gas in the tank for sociedad because this was the best performance of the season thus far even if the scoreline is only a 1-0.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,994,282 times
Schalke vs Basel should be a big match tomorrow.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:49 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,088,512 times
Why oh why did i not watch the Bayern v Man City game and instead watched a pi*s poor United game!

Anyway well done City, to come back from 2 goals down against Bayern in Munich is impressive.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:17 PM

really impressed with leverkusen. they went on a tough 3 game road trip and won all 3 games. beating Frieburg,Dortmund, and sociedad.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:59 AM

3,250 posts, read 3,141,910 times
I take it you were not "really impressed" with Manchester city's win over Bayern in Munich? Man City can't buy an away win in the EPL.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I take it you were not "really impressed" with Manchester city's win over Bayern in Munich? Man City can't buy an away win in the EPL.
still in shock about that one.I'm guessing it's a one off since it's their first loss since the german super cup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer